Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Devs/Mods: Make a Choice

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Devs/Mods: Make a Choice

NoTomorrow's Avatar


NoTomorrow
01.21.2013 , 12:41 PM | #81
i do not agree with original poster. He basically asks for massive buff to melee classes, longer resolve, root immunity. although the current system is not great, least it gives some fighting chance to other classes. If ops changes would be implemened we would need to nerf melee classes damage across the board to balace the fact that melee will effectively have a much longer DPS uptime because of the changes.

Oh, and its pointless to discuss the cosequences this would have for hutbball.
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Scatter Bombs are meant to be a fun bit of extra damage that occurs when you roll into or away from the action. That said, we’re okay with you trapping an unsuspecting enemy for a “wall bang” every now and then.

L-RANDLE's Avatar


L-RANDLE
01.21.2013 , 01:41 PM | #82
I didn't mention needing insta-immunity, and for the most part I have no issues with roots or snares. Making one class move "viable" through CC is just fail city. See bubblestun...

But even with that, Resolve still needs to be adjusted because right now, it is virtually useless versus bubblestun and the plethora of other CC available.

CC (specifically stuns)takes away player choice/control, but I am ok with it and should stay. It is in the game design, but Resolve needs to be better and would benefit everyone, including Ranged classes.
PvP Gear Viability? Read this first.
Tired of being broke? Stop being Felica and read this.
I'm not trying to be Rambo..... I'm trying to be Ray Tango

Neoforcer's Avatar


Neoforcer
01.21.2013 , 01:51 PM | #83
Or remove resolve altogether and add diminishing returns on cc. Like other games then cc can be useful but not the pain in the rear it is now. That fix cc in pvp

Edonidd's Avatar


Edonidd
01.21.2013 , 01:58 PM | #84
Mostly just posting to /sign this, but would also like to add (without reading beyond the first post) that it is ridiculous that resolve resets on death, but your CC breaker doesn't.

NoTomorrow's Avatar


NoTomorrow
01.21.2013 , 02:02 PM | #85
Lets define our aim, because we all come and say what *we think* would be better, but not all of us knows what we exactly want from the system. Making judgedments based on: lets make CC less annoying is not the right mindset.

Here is some food for thought:
-CC should be used mainly defensively (e.g. when a melee leaps on you, or when somebody is about to perform very damaging combo: Gored Carnage Marauder about to ravage you)
-CC should be used to successfully win warzone objectives.
-CC is an important factor in balancing DPS uptime of melee classes against ranged classes

Now, how can you enforce CC being used only in this cases while punishing for using CC in just random, offensive situations? Are you sure that resolve changes will not spoil any of the 3 points above?

For example i don't agree what they did to assasins with the plethora of CC it was give to them.
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Scatter Bombs are meant to be a fun bit of extra damage that occurs when you roll into or away from the action. That said, we’re okay with you trapping an unsuspecting enemy for a “wall bang” every now and then.

GNWP's Avatar


GNWP
01.21.2013 , 02:04 PM | #86
Bubble Stun generates 300 Resolve instead of 600 - it is not a bug, but design flaw. And the second one, the most annoying, design flaw is that this stupid stunning bubble can be applied to the whole team. So...
1. Make this gosh darn stun generate RIGHT AMOUNT of Resolve.
2. Make stunning bubble only applied on the Sage/Sorc HIMSELF. Not the whole freaking team.
This stupid thing is in the game since 1.4. Bioware, you probably don't play your own game, if you still don't know about this problem.

NoTomorrow's Avatar


NoTomorrow
01.21.2013 , 02:07 PM | #87
Quote: Originally Posted by GNWP View Post
Bubble Stun generates 300 Resolve instead of 600 - it is not a bug, but design flaw. And the second one, the most annoying, design flaw is that this stupid stunning bubble can be applied to the whole team. So...
1. Make this gosh darn stun generate RIGHT AMOUNT of Resolve.
2. Make stunning on the Sage/Sorc HIMSELF. Not the whole freaking team.
This stupid thing is in the game since 1.4. Bioware, you probably don't play your own game if you still don't know about this problem.
and now they are considering of not doing any balance changes at all because somewhere in may 2013, may be, just may be they will increase level cap, so they will have to rebalance anyway. We got 1.5 and 1.6 that basically brought nothing to the game in terms of balance, and 1.7 seems to go the same way.

But hey, at least i got my Followthrough after Takedowns..
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Scatter Bombs are meant to be a fun bit of extra damage that occurs when you roll into or away from the action. That said, we’re okay with you trapping an unsuspecting enemy for a “wall bang” every now and then.

L-RANDLE's Avatar


L-RANDLE
01.21.2013 , 02:22 PM | #88
Quote: Originally Posted by NoTomorrow View Post
For example i don't agree what they did to assasins with the plethora of CC it was give to them.
Interesting... I could also say the same thing about healers of any spec...

I feel the specs laden with DoT/Kiting talents should be the only CC heavy specs. Having CC as a baseline for all roles was the design flaw...You can't fix that now though, so changing resolve would actually be the second best choice.

With resolve we asked the Devs to take two steps forward, and they took two steps back..

Paula Abdul got it wrong in this case.
PvP Gear Viability? Read this first.
Tired of being broke? Stop being Felica and read this.
I'm not trying to be Rambo..... I'm trying to be Ray Tango

GNWP's Avatar


GNWP
01.21.2013 , 02:27 PM | #89
Quote: Originally Posted by NoTomorrow View Post
and now they are considering of not doing any balance changes at all because somewhere in may 2013, may be, just may be they will increase level cap, so they will have to rebalance anyway. We got 1.5 and 1.6 that basically brought nothing to the game in terms of balance, and 1.7 seems to go the same way.

But hey, at least i got my Followthrough after Takedowns..
Bioware is focused on Cartel Market. They repaint old sets and sell them on Cartel Market like new ones and make new toys for collector maniacs.

NoTomorrow's Avatar


NoTomorrow
01.21.2013 , 04:18 PM | #90
Quote: Originally Posted by GNWP View Post
Bioware is focused on Cartel Market. They repaint old sets and sell them on Cartel Market like new ones and make new toys for collector maniacs.
you know, if they have different teams for making new fluffy stuff and teams for balancing than i would be ok. But even with all this cartel market, it's a wasted potential. Why not give force users an ability to use the darkside/lightside animations based on their alignment? A darkside Sage should be throwing lightnings, yes? And there is room for so much cool stuff, but we get nothing.
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Scatter Bombs are meant to be a fun bit of extra damage that occurs when you roll into or away from the action. That said, we’re okay with you trapping an unsuspecting enemy for a “wall bang” every now and then.