Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Announcing a Rated WZ tournament on the Prophecy of the Five server

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Announcing a Rated WZ tournament on the Prophecy of the Five server

Ishtharo
01.21.2013 , 10:09 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Xerain View Post
7 man teams? Why 7 man teams? Why not 8? And how is this a Rated WZ tournament? There are no places you can garantee people to go and have an objective style pvp.
7 man because the eighth is an observer. RWZ tourney because you cant que an 8 man group in regular WZs. Teams are welcome not to play objectively in the tourney, but they will loose :P
VenusFallen - Sorc Heals
Bilith - Vengeance Jug
Pot5
Nessuno purro...

Xerain
01.21.2013 , 10:20 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Ishtharo View Post
7 man because the eighth is an observer. RWZ tourney because you cant que an 8 man group in regular WZs. Teams are welcome not to play objectively in the tourney, but they will loose :P
What do you need a person to observe for? Why gimp a team?

Asunasan
01.21.2013 , 10:25 AM | #13
strangely I find myself agreeing with xerrin. We're all conditioned for 8man RWZs so why suddenly make them 7? Just require that every team have one person recording / streaming. Most teams on my server already do anyways.

Ishtharo
01.21.2013 , 10:33 AM | #14
What do you need a person to observe for? Why gimp a team?
If the teams are even, the teams arent gimped correct? Having an observer on each team to make sure the match goes well.
VenusFallen - Sorc Heals
Bilith - Vengeance Jug
Pot5
Nessuno purro...

mclammitys
01.21.2013 , 10:40 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by MegaHeals View Post
MARCH MADNESS "THE QUEST FOR MORE CREDITS"

Teams will queue for rated warzones when called and if they do not get the matchup they will leave the queue and requeue.

Sincerely - Anitamedic
If i would be on your server i would make 8 man grp and que all night and just collext my 140 ranked coms every pop as all others would just quit the zone and get lots off -

Love Fluffy

but im not a nice guy so might just be me
Fluffy The Drunk Assas.... Shadow =)
Guild: Harbinger
Role: GM
Raiting: +3,9K My Stream

Xerain
01.21.2013 , 10:48 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Ishtharo View Post
If the teams are even, the teams arent gimped correct? Having an observer on each team to make sure the match goes well.
No the teams are gimped because your'e playing around a 7 man dynamic instead of an 8 man. You ever had a DC in rateds and seen the way your team lacked from it even if you were against a terribad... wait nevermind you'd have to actually be on a good rwz team in order to understand what i'm talking about.

vimm
01.21.2013 , 10:56 AM | #17
No the teams are gimped because your'e playing around a 7 man dynamic instead of an 8 man. You ever had a DC in rateds and seen the way your team lacked from it even if you were against a terribad... wait nevermind you'd have to actually be on a good rwz team in order to understand what i'm talking about.
But it's 7 v 7
geeR
Phantom of the Operative

Xerain
01.21.2013 , 12:03 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by vimm View Post
But it's 7 v 7
I'm sure they can do an 8v8 and have an observer sit in each persons mumble/ts3/vent and listen in just as effectively.

Smashbrother
01.21.2013 , 01:12 PM | #19
Lol nobody is going to mail you 7 million. This tourney is stupid, especially because of these dumb observer rules, especially since someone on the teams can just fraps the game. With the rule that killing the observer = instant loss, I foresee a bunch of collusion amongst different teams too.

rhakoth
01.21.2013 , 06:39 PM | #20
While I agree the idea is terribly thought out I've never understood pvp players need to **** in someone elses cereal just because they don't like an idea.

You don't like it - don't participate. It's no wonder people stay away from rated's in this game when the general opinion is unless you're mad leet and have the backing from the self entitled big leaguers G T F O. Have your own comp and enjoy that instead.

That said, this tournament is still terribly thought out for all the previous stated reasons and you may want to address them if you want to run a successful event.