Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why so much love for Guardians and Juggs?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Why so much love for Guardians and Juggs?

HybridCode
01.21.2013 , 03:15 AM | #1
I have 5 lvl 50 characters and recently I have been playing my Guardian tank a lot. Prior to that I was trying out tanking on my Vanguard. When I finally made the switch to play on my Guardian I came to the simple realization that it is easy mode on my Guardian. So much utility. The biggest differences are the fact that the Guardian has a million stuns, cooldowns, a push, two leaps, three if you include the leap after the push, an aoe slow, etc. None of my other classes have as much utility on top of raw damage/defensive ability. And don't even get me started on the Smash/focus spec. So when are the balance changes coming?
The only Commando left sitting...

Darth-Rammstein
01.21.2013 , 03:21 AM | #2
Are you suggesting they nerf guardian/jugg tanks? Yeah, that will go over well.
Belgoth's Beacon ----> The Fatman ----> Prophecy of the Five

TalkingDinosaur
01.21.2013 , 03:24 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by HybridCode View Post
I have 5 lvl 50 characters and recently I have been playing my Guardian tank a lot. Prior to that I was trying out tanking on my Vanguard. When I finally made the switch to play on my Guardian I came to the simple realization that it is easy mode on my Guardian. So much utility. The biggest differences are the fact that the Guardian has a million stuns, cooldowns, a push, two leaps, three if you include the leap after the push, an aoe slow, etc. None of my other classes have as much utility on top of raw damage/defensive ability. And don't even get me started on the Smash/focus spec. So when are the balance changes coming?
Don't you mean sents/maras? Juggs/Guards wouldn't have gotten a the buff if they didn't share a tree.

There is no love for Juggs/Guards.
TALKINGDINOSAUR
Squadron
11-11-11

HybridCode
01.21.2013 , 04:04 AM | #4
I'm just saying I have played every class in the game and this one seems to be a lil o p. Not saying they need to nerf Guard tanks, but at least bring the others on par. On top of that, yes smash/focus specs need to be nerfed. 6-9k aoe instant ability. The devs are simply in love with this class. As much fun as it is to play, a balancing patch needs to come soon.
The only Commando left sitting...

sponym
01.21.2013 , 04:14 AM | #5
"6-9k aoe instant ability." it is not instant ability you have to use 2 other skills before this one.

glocklB
01.21.2013 , 04:24 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by sponym View Post
"6-9k aoe instant ability." it is not instant ability you have to use 2 other skills before this one.
:d:d:d
<Reckoning> The Red Eclipse - Marine, sorcerer
<Nostrum Dolus> Tomb of Freedon Nadd - Walsix, sage

Belly
01.21.2013 , 05:48 AM | #7
Smash/sweep damage seems to go up every time someone posts about it.
Larcen 50(ish) Scoundrel Scrapper/Sawbones "They see me rollin...they hatin. They whining and sayin that I need some nerfin"
The Progenitor
And loads and loads of alts

LuciferinDNA
01.21.2013 , 06:25 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by sponym View Post
Made my day! : D
Tythonian lvl55 Sage Chlorianhost lvl50 Sage Realpill lvl55 Scoundrel Biologin lvl55 Commando DNA lvl55 Shadow Tardigrade lvl47 Vanguard
Tomb of Freedon Nadd ORBIT Legacy

Savej
01.21.2013 , 07:36 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by HybridCode View Post
Do you have a sage or shadow? Those classes have the most utility. Guardians have nothing on either of them.

You are literaly the first person I've heard complain that guardian tanking is too easy compared to other classes. Based on your in-depth analysis and a few other things (randomly starting a thread to whine about a class, weak grasp of facts, few actual details provided or apparently deemed necessary, random exaggerations, etc) I'm going to say it's just your opinion and as far as I'm concerned it's not worth much.

Raansu
01.21.2013 , 09:26 AM | #10
Guardians have like the worst crowd threat control in the game. They are horrible tanks in comparison to the others.