Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Query: How many SWTOR players have played KOTOR?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Query: How many SWTOR players have played KOTOR?

jedimasterjac
01.21.2013 , 09:15 AM | #61
Quote: Originally Posted by DMOMO View Post
Don't forget
Spoiler
That one left my mind due to the fact I haven't played Consular in ages. Regardless, there's not as many as you would expect.
Quote: Originally Posted by Koozebane View Post
This isn't a couple of goobers out for some kicks. This is organized large team warfare by a single guild in a PVE zone.

jedimasterjac
01.21.2013 , 09:17 AM | #62
Quote: Originally Posted by Surinen View Post
played both, while story was good, combat was horrible and clunky, one does not simply make SW game that is based on turns - if it was an action rpg, or even like force unleashed with tweaks and bigger character development then it would be great, or more like a jedi academy
I liked the combat! First, it seemed to flow. Second, you weren't spamming LEFT LEFT LEFT RIGHT RIGHT LEFT B R LEFT LEFT RIGHT RIGHT, as you see in most Force Unleashed games. The combat added strategy to the game, and gave you a chance to think out your attacks.
Quote: Originally Posted by Koozebane View Post
This isn't a couple of goobers out for some kicks. This is organized large team warfare by a single guild in a PVE zone.

Surinen
01.21.2013 , 09:47 AM | #63
Quote: Originally Posted by jedimasterjac View Post
I liked the combat! First, it seemed to flow. Second, you weren't spamming LEFT LEFT LEFT RIGHT RIGHT LEFT B R LEFT LEFT RIGHT RIGHT, as you see in most Force Unleashed games. The combat added strategy to the game, and gave you a chance to think out your attacks.
unfortunately my intelligence and coolness breaks formula of simple turn based games - I need both, actions and strategy to feel satisfied , and force unleshed was much more fluid and while playing I was feeling actually powerful. Kotor was slow and clunky - I would prefer fast paced lightsaber gore production and multiple force throws
Aperture Science. We do what we must, because we can. For the good of all of us- Except the ones who are dead.

DMOMO
01.21.2013 , 01:55 PM | #64
Quote: Originally Posted by ZirusZero View Post
Yeah, but if you play without the mod, it's worse. KOTOR 2 is an example of how a company does content wrong and leaves the community to fill the void.
Obsidian, who in my opinion are one of the few true RPG devs out there, were rushed to release KOTOR 2. It would have been a much better game if they had more time.*

Here's an article about obsidian where they mention KOTOR 2.

* The restoration mod proves this.
"They always lock the door. You’d think they’d have learned by now. Doesn’t look like there’s a key – that would be too easy. The console to unlock the door is probably hidden in some room twelve floors up or something… how does that make sense?"
―Kyle Katarn

DMOMO
01.21.2013 , 02:01 PM | #65
Quote: Originally Posted by Surinen View Post
unfortunately my intelligence and coolness breaks formula of simple turn based games - I need both, actions and strategy to feel satisfied , and force unleshed was much more fluid and while playing I was feeling actually powerful. Kotor was slow and clunky - I would prefer fast paced lightsaber gore production and multiple force throws
I have to disagree. I found TFU combat boring and repetitive. Besides force push and lightning you were extremely limited in force powers. Majority of the time I found myself using the same three combos and beating the game with little difficulty.

Also what does the bold mean?
"They always lock the door. You’d think they’d have learned by now. Doesn’t look like there’s a key – that would be too easy. The console to unlock the door is probably hidden in some room twelve floors up or something… how does that make sense?"
―Kyle Katarn

Surinen
01.21.2013 , 02:09 PM | #66
Quote: Originally Posted by DMOMO View Post
I have to disagree. I found TFU combat boring and repetitive. Besides force push and lightning you were extremely limited in force powers. Majority of the time I found myself using the same three combos and beating the game with little difficulty.

Also what does the bold mean?
I wasnt beating my games, I was playing with enemies, throwing them, grabing, all sort of fun.
it means that I do not gain intellectual stimulation from strategic aspects of games, thats why I need other funny attractions, also it is rather dull to watch clumsy attacks that are repeated one after another - what is needed: fluid fast paced combat with blocks and force attacks - such SW game would be amazing
Aperture Science. We do what we must, because we can. For the good of all of us- Except the ones who are dead.

Elementlord
01.22.2013 , 12:33 AM | #67
Played both, though I never finished KOTOR 1, got stuck on the final fight with Malgus.

OldVengeance
01.22.2013 , 02:11 AM | #68
Yeah I played them both back in the day. I loved the first one and love/hated the second. Honestly I don't like to think about them much anymore. It just makes me sad to think about them and of how their stories panned out so unsatisfyingly into TOR and it's related media.

AesirUesugi
01.22.2013 , 03:09 AM | #69
Quote: Originally Posted by MilesTeg_cy View Post
Exactly! Kotor2 is much better than the first one. Don't remember how many times I've finished it.
Guess I should try this Restoration Mod thing you guys are talking about coz KOTOR II sucked balls compared to KOTOR I

DMOMO
01.22.2013 , 02:33 PM | #70
Quote: Originally Posted by Elementlord View Post
Played both, though I never finished KOTOR 1, got stuck on the final fight with Malgus.
Malak lol
―Kyle Katarn