Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Good guilds still accused of hacks

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Server Forums > The Harbinger
Good guilds still accused of hacks

Fuzztastical's Avatar


Fuzztastical
01.20.2013 , 10:59 PM | #91
Quote: Originally Posted by Asunasan View Post
Your trolling is getting more and more obvious but here I go. Being a private person is perfectly fine, but it means you can't make arguments from authority on the internet. Since BWs user agreement makes it so you can't furnish proof it comes down to an argument from authority. I can establish some degree of authority on the given topic based on the huge number of games I've played and the higher level of observational skills / understandings of game mechanics implied by my playing with the best. You can do no such thing, because you don't want to disclose anything about yourself. Again that is just fine as a choice, but it means you can't win this argument since BW won't let you post evidence authority arguments are what we are left with.
Asunas this guy isn't going to give up, might as well cut your losses.

I was going to make a joke earlier - you said you healed for the best pub guild on the server and I was going to reply with "When did you start healing for Deadweight?"

But then super troll got started. Just let him spout - the good part about him being private and not identifying himself is that you won't get irritated seeing him in game.

Haystak's Avatar


Haystak
01.20.2013 , 11:06 PM | #92
This thread has run its course, and ended where I thought it would. I don't see anyone else coming in with any real further arguments, and we seem to be at the point where we just try to come up with non related items to discredit the other.

For starters the original purpose of the thread was to bring to light the thread on Darth hater. Then devolved into an argument of two stances. One that Bio ware is taking accusations of hacking by subscribers, and arbitrarily banning them to appease the masses. The other being that hacking is so prevalent that whole guilds are doing it regularly.

I will make another argument, one that I believe is a middle of the road stance. The truth will probably never be known as we really have to start working on assumptions when we get right down to it, and we lack the needed data to really "know" whats going on.

I believe its entirely possible that hacks do exist. However I also believe that they are very hard to come by, or bioware is quick to find them, and fix them, otherwise I would of seen it myself, or known more people to experience it.. As it stands now I have only met one person who has made a credible hacking accusation, and despite my almost addictive consistancy of queing for warzones on many toons, i personally have not seen anything that stands out as an obvious hack. They exist, but I seriously doubt many people with a developed character and a paid subscription are using them, as few have ever been banned. Its based on assumptions though. As far as the whole "whole guilds are doing it", i think this would be very, very, VERY hard to pull off. The only way a hack can remain, is if bioware doesnt know about the loophole in its coding, or bioware is powerless to stop it. The latter would only be true if thousands of players were seen doing it, and they let it slide to retain money, and if that were the case more of us would of seen it. The prior(BW not knowing) could only be true if everyone that knew about it were to keep it under wraps. The average gamer however does not display these traits however. Too many people switch guilds, post there finds on boards, and brag about it through videos or other means. The chances that entire groups are hacking, and no one has screwed up, and posted videos of it, is pretty far fetched.

As far as Sorexoxo is concerned. I have not seen him hack personally. I know of the accusations made of him, and I know that Bioware did an investigation, and found something they didn't like. Banning someone isnt usually a regular practice, unless they have some form of proof that they are violating the terms in some way. Until you know what they found we really cant come to a conclusion. No one can really prove it, or disprove it, except bioware, and I doubt they are going to come forward, as they gain nothing. Arguing about it isnt going to get you anywhere, because we lack needed data to come to a conclusion.

TLR
Hacking most likely exists, but is probably very hard to do, as very few people are actually seen doing it, and this thread is pretty much just beating a dead horse right now.
Airwolf -55-Scoundrel
Mcrose -55-Shadow
Makros -55-Marauder
Mac-Ros -55-Vangaurd

Totaltrash's Avatar


Totaltrash
01.20.2013 , 11:16 PM | #93
Quote: Originally Posted by Asunasan View Post
Your trolling is getting more and more obvious but here I go. Being a private person is perfectly fine, but it means you can't make arguments from authority on the internet. Since BWs user agreement makes it so you can't furnish proof it comes down to an argument from authority. I can establish some degree of authority on the given topic based on the huge number of games I've played and the higher level of observational skills / understandings of game mechanics implied by my playing with the best. You can do no such thing, because you don't want to disclose anything about yourself. Again that is just fine as a choice, but it means you can't win this argument since BW won't let you post evidence authority arguments are what we are left with.
Ok good, you healed in a lot games - again, how does that relate to hacking/exploiting?

So far, your entire argument is based on "I play for a leet guild hence I know everything!"

But since you claim "superior observational skills", tell me this:
Do you know how a lag switch works and what it would look like in game?
Do you know how speedhacks or teleporting works?
Do you know how GCD hacks work and what that would look like?

Please demonstrate your expertise, not just empty bravado. I could - can you?

Haystak's Avatar


Haystak
01.20.2013 , 11:25 PM | #94
Quote: Originally Posted by Totaltrash View Post
Ok good, you healed in a lot games - again, how does that relate to hacking/exploiting?

So far, your entire argument is based on "I play for a leet guild hence I know everything!"

But since you claim "superior observational skills", tell me this:
Do you know how a lag switch works and what it would look like in game?
Do you know how speedhacks or teleporting works?
Do you know how GCD hacks work and what that would look like?

Please demonstrate your expertise, not just empty bravado. I could - can you?
In an effort to find out who you were(bored and curious) I saw that you have a long history of seeing hacking in action. Someone of your experience though should have some form of recording.....pics maybe....You have been experiencing hacking for so long now surely you must have something....anything?

Edit: Added moar nouns, for clarification.
Airwolf -55-Scoundrel
Mcrose -55-Shadow
Makros -55-Marauder
Mac-Ros -55-Vangaurd

VstarD's Avatar


VstarD
01.20.2013 , 11:26 PM | #95
Quote: Originally Posted by Totaltrash View Post
Ok good, you healed in a lot games - again, how does that relate to hacking/exploiting?

So far, your entire argument is based on "I play for a leet guild hence I know everything!"

But since you claim "superior observational skills", tell me this:
Do you know how a lag switch works and what it would look like in game?
Do you know how speedhacks or teleporting works?
Do you know how GCD hacks work and what that would look like?

Please demonstrate your expertise, not just empty bravado. I could - can you?
i dont think u can mate

Asunasan's Avatar


Asunasan
01.20.2013 , 11:32 PM | #96
Quote: Originally Posted by Fuzztastical View Post
Asunas this guy isn't going to give up, might as well cut your losses.

I was going to make a joke earlier - you said you healed for the best pub guild on the server and I was going to reply with "When did you start healing for Deadweight?"

But then super troll got started. Just let him spout - the good part about him being private and not identifying himself is that you won't get irritated seeing him in game.
lol fuzzy, DW knows GT has their number, though I"m sure they have been developing some master plan to change that. Anyway its your guild FR that means I can't irrefutably say I'm healing for the best guild on the server :P. Ah well I figured I'd bash the trolls head in enough times that everyone would be able to see his trolliness and I think I've accomplished that.

VstarD's Avatar


VstarD
01.20.2013 , 11:41 PM | #97
Asuna uses his special troll to troll the troll, i call it "trollception"

Fuzztastical's Avatar


Fuzztastical
01.20.2013 , 11:50 PM | #98
Quote: Originally Posted by Asunasan View Post
lol fuzzy, DW knows GT has their number, though I"m sure they have been developing some master plan to change that. Anyway its your guild FR that means I can't irrefutably say I'm healing for the best guild on the server :P. Ah well I figured I'd bash the trolls head in enough times that everyone would be able to see his trolliness and I think I've accomplished that.
Agreed on all counts Asunas.

Also Airwolf, you did so well wrapping it up - your tl;dr made perfect sense. You don't have to come back and defend against the troll. Just let him do his thing - we'll all read his posts and take them with a grain of salt - and since he doesn't want to identify his in game character (which is definitely ok!), he's not someone whose posts you'll be reminded of when you see him in game.

Totaltrash's Avatar


Totaltrash
01.21.2013 , 12:02 AM | #99
Quote: Originally Posted by Haystak View Post
In an effort to find out who you were(bored and curious) I saw that you have a long history of seeing hacking in action. Someone of your experience though should have some form of recording.....pics maybe....You have been experiencing hacking for so long now surely you must have something....anything?

Edit: Added moar nouns, for clarification.
Oh I do, and plenty of it!
I record many of my wzs on the different servers I play.
When something happens, I review it and then file my tickets. Often, I can tell EAware exactly how it was done.

But I'm not into publicly humiliating people, not even cheaters, so you won't find anything posted here or youtube.
Neither will I call out players in general chat, or name names of individuals or guilds on this forum.

My goal is simply to clean up this game.
Which is not easy, in part due to EAware's lousy code, their hush-hush attitude about cheating, their desire not to lose any subscribers, and last but not least, all those "there are no cheaters" trolls, covering for their buddies, their guilds or their own transgressions.

So I will continue to watch, report, and sometimes explain to players how certain exploits work - an educated player base is the best weapon against cheaters.

Sixthy's Avatar


Sixthy
01.21.2013 , 12:30 AM | #100
Quote: Originally Posted by Asunasan View Post
lol fuzzy, DW knows GT has their number, though I"m sure they have been developing some master plan to change that. Anyway its your guild FR that means I can't irrefutably say I'm healing for the best guild on the server :P. Ah well I figured I'd bash the trolls head in enough times that everyone would be able to see his trolliness and I think I've accomplished that.
The master plan has been convincing my old team to come back.

jk
Rokuthy Sunrise
<Synergy>
We can speak obsession - We can love the endless.