Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Can a Fully Honed Mandalorian beat a Jedi?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Can a Fully Honed Mandalorian beat a Jedi?

BrandonSM
01.20.2013 , 07:36 PM | #111
Which Mando's we talking here?

Some Clans can like DeathWatch which have proven a struggle for Prequel Jedi which is like the Golden Age.
Hapan: "This creature has information that could lead us to a woman who has been kidnapped. We will get that information."
Luke: "This woman is a citizen of the New Republic, and if you do not take your hands off her, I will take your hands off you."

mylegs
01.25.2013 , 12:46 PM | #112
This has a lot of variables to it. First of all Mandalorians are in the same boat as the Jedi because anyone can be one. There's no official race to Mandalorian, it's more a religion (like the Jedi). One example being Jango Fett who was adopted into the group. Second point is that Mandalorians have proven to kill many Jedi; The Mandalorian/Jedi war (Revan's war), The capture of Jango fett (all of the Mandalorians were killed except Jango, but only about 10 Jedi survived and were lead by Dooku), and what people always forget is that Clonetroopers are as much Mandalorian as Jango. Although Vader helped, the clones killed tons of Jedi during order 66. Only reason Jango died was because he fought Mace Windu (the 3rd strongest Jedi of that time). Boba has also proven to hold his own against Vader for a decent amount of time.

Wolfninjajedi
01.25.2013 , 02:03 PM | #113
Quote: Originally Posted by mylegs View Post
This has a lot of variables to it. First of all Mandalorians are in the same boat as the Jedi because anyone can be one. There's no official race to Mandalorian, it's more a religion (like the Jedi). One example being Jango Fett who was adopted into the group. Second point is that Mandalorians have proven to kill many Jedi; The Mandalorian/Jedi war (Revan's war), The capture of Jango fett (all of the Mandalorians were killed except Jango, but only about 10 Jedi survived and were lead by Dooku), and what people always forget is that Clonetroopers are as much Mandalorian as Jango. Although Vader helped, the clones killed tons of Jedi during order 66. Only reason Jango died was because he fought Mace Windu (the 3rd strongest Jedi of that time). Boba has also proven to hold his own against Vader for a decent amount of time.
1. There actually was a race that were Mandolorians known as The Taung and their culture was adopted by humans and other species.

2. If you referring to the comic where Jango killed 10 or so jedi with nothing but his hands, sorry I have got to call complete PIS on that. The jedi just seemed to have forgotten their training in that instance. As for the war, well of course there would be a ton of fighting going around.

3. The clones only killed the jedi via surprise and overwhelming numbers.

4. Boba didn't hold his own against Vader at all, he fled at first, then unloaded on him doing nothing, then got taken down twice by Vader, and then got in a cheap shot which shouldn't have worked. Look back at page 9 of my post there.
=======

If your speaking in numbers that Mandos have killed jedi, then yes they have.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Vinjar
01.26.2013 , 11:42 AM | #114
Watch today's episode of TCW.

narindraad
06.28.2014 , 03:48 PM | #115
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
A standstill? Really? Seems like Jango got his butt whooped to me, and the only reason he got away was due to the whip cord. I am talking about 1 on 1 combat, not having any prep time just a straight up fight.
What does it matter what Jango brought to the table? Tools such as whip chords and flamethrowers, when put into context against a Jedi or Sith, are just physical equivalents of the Force powers Jedi can wield. Jango wasn't even trying to kill Obi-Wan. His primary goal at that point was escaping with Boba. He had no time to deal with a Jedi he clearly felt wasn't worth his time.

Wolfninjajedi
06.28.2014 , 04:03 PM | #116
Quote: Originally Posted by narindraad View Post
What does it matter what Jango brought to the table? Tools such as whip chords and flamethrowers, when put into context against a Jedi or Sith, are just physical equivalents of the Force powers Jedi can wield. Jango wasn't even trying to kill Obi-Wan. His primary goal at that point was escaping with Boba. He had no time to deal with a Jedi he clearly felt wasn't worth his time.
Nice necro there to a 2 year post and I never said that there couldn't be tools used against Jedi/Sith.

errant_knight
06.29.2014 , 09:33 AM | #117
I don't really see why someone shouldn't necro a thread that they wish to discuss. It's really no different than starting a new one, and has the advantage of not having to cover old ground.

I think it depends very much on the bounty hunter, the jedi and the circumstances. We know that non-force users can kill jedi, though. Major Kotor 2 spoiler:
Spoiler

S_W_LeGenD
06.29.2014 , 09:51 AM | #118
Yes! A formidable Mandalorian warrior can take on a Jedi, even a decent Jedi. Mandalorians can rely upon cybernetic implants, excellent equipment and firepower to even the odds. Intelligence factor and circumstances can also come in to play.

Wolfninjajedi
06.29.2014 , 10:02 AM | #119
Never said he couldn't raise a necro'd thread, was just saying, nercoing on a 2 yr old post is nice.

At any rate can't really discuss anything more, yes a Mando can take on a Jedi depending the circumstances, what they have and how powerful the Jedi is.

Simple as that really.

errant_knight
06.29.2014 , 10:27 AM | #120
Oh, my mistake, lol. I think I've come to expect dissension from the forums even when there is none.