Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

PVP OP VS Sniper?

Anosa
01.18.2013 , 02:35 PM | #1
What would you recommend for pvp??
Meow

Quantemoq
01.20.2013 , 04:40 PM | #2
operative is great at healing but sniper is the better dps class (both pve and pvp).

there are some operatives that put up youtube vids, showing off how they kill enemies really fast, but that only works in pug warzones with weaker enemies.

operative dps are only good for guarding nodes and ninja capping.
and for both of those tasks you can take other specs/classes that can do that and more (aka assasin)

dego-harmonium
02.08.2013 , 02:13 PM | #3
I have both, and unless I'm healing operatives are kind of useless for most people, an assassin is a superior node guarder compared to an operative and have much better survivability anyone who says different is wrong. Then again, who knows what the future holds for operatives in 1.7 and beyond. Ultimately just play the class you think is going to be the most fun and you will excel at it.

I play a few specs on my sniper, although its not as bursty as MM spec look at running the 0/21/20 in pvp, its a nice "pressure" spec and i find it puts out the best dps fairly easily

http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/skills/s...68c0le-i2e7cei

I generally (vs multiple targets) Frag grenade/corrosive grenade/frag grenade, then pick out a target explosive probe them, then freecast overload shot for six seconds out of cover, rinse and repeat
Arterial

Tamanous
02.09.2013 , 10:36 PM | #4
As an Op you will face a hell of a lot of pressure to heal in both pvp and especially pve. Concealment works great in pvp but a sniper contributes far more on average as they don't have to waste so much time getting into position and throw out constant dps along with extremely frustrating cc for the enemy.

A concealment Op specifically wanted in a designed team may be a perfect fit as they excel at objective based targets but for pugs a well played sniper will impact the game far more on average. The one good thing going for concealment Ops is that their attack rotation to gank someone is incredibly basic and anyone can master the gank (what they do after is entirely up to the skill of the player). To be a great sniper you have to learn far more tactics and have far greater map awareness at all times. Most suck at it and tunnel vision their attacks. Their battle field is a 360 degree 70+m diameter scope and prioritizing threats is constant and changing. Ops just have to uber-gank something and get away alive before repeating.

As others have said (in the current state of the game), I would rather see a well played assassin in place of a concealment Op on most occasions. This is a sad statement from someone with a 50 Operative