Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

I do not agree with the inclusion of SGRs.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Suggestion Box
I do not agree with the inclusion of SGRs.
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Revanchis
01.19.2013 , 03:55 PM | #551
Quote: Originally Posted by VassagoOmega View Post
I don't think any romance needs to be added to the game. Romance with an NPC is kinda pointless, and rather unfulfilling. Much like kissing your reflection in the mirror.

My disagreement with this particular addition to the game, is more about privacy. The key problem with romantic options with NPCs is the "group factor".

Regardless of how you feel on SGR content, you have no control on these conversation outcomes if someone is grouped with you, and they happen to roll higher on the conversation option.

SGR content, just like ANY romantic option, should be EXCLUSIVE to companion, or single player conversations. Your romantic choices should not be made public, in any way.
Except OGR flirts are already in group conversations. So I guess you'll just have to deal.

Royox
01.19.2013 , 08:01 PM | #552
Quote: Originally Posted by markcymru View Post
In your game they may be straight. In my game, the female companions might all be bi or lesbian ! I'll find out if/when they introduce SGRs for current companions.
In your dreams perhaphs.

Doc as a SGR companion....a guy that tries to bang every female I talk to. Yeah...seems legit.

We are playing the same game with the same Companions. Trisha likes men, Doc likes women, Kira likes men, Mako has a crush with the other mando (guy) in your crew....and etc. etc. etc.

The signals are all there....but yeah....keep dreaming

Kevcompman
01.20.2013 , 08:43 AM | #553
Quote: Originally Posted by Quraswren View Post
On this short and long list of things the game needs in the coming months.

SGR is not one of them. While I truely think it should have been included at the beginning of the game and should be added at some point since it was not in to start. It's doesn't need to be added in any short amount of time.

It needs to be done right, Not some thrown together dialogue to appease SGR couples and those that are just groupies.

Spend your BW/EA development time on current game issues and much needed content in form of long term play. Get the game running better, get the content people actually play and not some 10 secs dialogue option that fades to black and leaves the rest to imagination (which BTW is the way Hetero scenes work) -

It needs to be in game but it should have been a back burner idea slowly worked on to be right and not just thrown together.
So much else needs to be worked on in the game Vs having a 10 secs dialogue option to make SGR couples feel they got there monies worth.
So much this. Should SGRs be an optional conversation dialogue in the game? Sure. Is it a huge priority at the moment? In my opinion, not really.

Royox
01.20.2013 , 10:35 AM | #554
Quote: Originally Posted by Kevcompman View Post
So much this. Should SGRs be an optional conversation dialogue in the game? Sure. Is it a huge priority at the moment? In my opinion, not really.
Some people on this thread said it would make a LOT OF PEOPLE to join SWTOR! More people than Space Battles or Swoop Races!

Quote:
only the protected ones have a voice
Lol'd hard...cause it's true.

Caelrie
01.20.2013 , 11:49 AM | #555
Quote: Originally Posted by Royox View Post
Lol'd hard...cause it's true.
Straight male gamers are just so oppressed and neglected!

Arglaar
01.20.2013 , 01:36 PM | #556
Quote: Originally Posted by Royox View Post
Some people on this thread said it would make a LOT OF PEOPLE to join SWTOR! More people than Space Battles or Swoop Races!
Quote: Originally Posted by Caelrie View Post
Straight male gamers are just so oppressed and neglected!
As a Straight Male Gamer, I'm much more interested in SGR than I am in Swoop Races, Space Battles (Or Royox's other favorite - Pazzak)

When Makeb comes out, there will have been SEVEN major content patches and so far NONE of them have ANY content that Bioware has said would be added to the game since before the game was even released.

Over a year of waiting for promised content is long enough.

Kariella
01.21.2013 , 08:56 AM | #557
Quote: Originally Posted by HKtheindomitable View Post
Statement: Someone quoted one of my posts, but I can't find it. The one that quoted said that BioWare says that a toggle is a form of discrimination against sgr.
I definitely read this as well... and looked extensively for it with no luck... I remember it cuz I was like LOL WOW... so a toggle is discrimination ,.. what next...

Quote: Originally Posted by TimothyJForde View Post
Don't like SGR? Then don't have one. You know... The same way you deal with it in real life?
requoted for truth... it doesnt break down any easier than this...
make me and offer and i'll think about it...

Brimmer
01.21.2013 , 09:06 AM | #558
I don't care if they are or aren't ingame; though I am disappointed that this took priority over other developments. The money/staff used to add this could have been put to much better use.
Check out the spoilers for a good way to earn credits!
Spoiler

Tamaranis
01.21.2013 , 11:45 AM | #559
Quote: Originally Posted by Kazjan View Post
I agree with mostly everyone in this thread.
Pay careful attention and you'll notice that despite how comforting it may be to think the majority is on your side, you don't.

Quote: Originally Posted by Kazjan View Post
BW you need to give reason why you selected this to be over other important things this game needs.
No, demanding the give an explanation for something they haven't done is complete nonsense.

Tamaranis
01.21.2013 , 11:55 AM | #560
Quote: Originally Posted by Brimmer View Post
...I am disappointed that this took priority over other developments. The money/staff used to add this could have been put to much better use.
Pretty foolish to waste emotional energy feeling disappointed about how they didn't spend their money better if you can't actually think of an example of how they could have spent it better.

What they're doing with Makeb is what they should have done with the core game: Including SGR from the ground up instead of trying to staple it on afterward, reducing the cost of implementing it to nearly zero.

The resources spent on this are a couple hours of recording time. What could they have done better using that resource? They could not have used it to add new quests, new flash points, or new war zones. They could not have used it to change space combat. They couldn't even have used it to make cosmetic changes to interfaces.