Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Ahsoka Tano.... What do you think?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Ahsoka Tano.... What do you think?

AhsokaTanorules's Avatar


AhsokaTanorules
01.16.2013 , 11:20 AM | #111
Quote: Originally Posted by Brunnis_G View Post
Not really, when you go around saying stuff like your favorite BH companion is Skadge, makes me think your either playing devils advocate n not really being serious, or you're in love with pointless characters.
I think Skade is well fleshed out as a psycho path and hardened convict. Just like Ahsoka is entertaning as a brash, hot headed young Jedi amazon.

But if Skadge creeps you out so much you can stick with your Jar Jar Binks and Ewok fantasies.

Bird_of_Thunder's Avatar


Bird_of_Thunder
01.17.2013 , 12:32 AM | #112
Quote: Originally Posted by Brunnis_G View Post
no he doesnt, not about Mauls balls anyway, never heard of the sith head in a jar, it sounds cool but its definatly not the same thing as the Maul thing. Cuz thats a total cop out idea n not good or creative at all, a good creative idea would be making a newer better villian, not making up some half assed excuse to bring one back to life thats already gone over with fans, its just weak writing man, n here people are making excuses for it!!! This is why Star Wars has gone so far downhill.

or they coulda brought back a semi unknown sith from the comics or novels n it coulda been really cool, even as a head in a jar, then at least theyre relying on creativity n trying something different not just falling back on a movie face.
Edit: For the record I don't think adding in a whiney, anorexic looking teenage girl to the story is original either.
a) Learn to write correctly.

b) Darth Maul had what i call the "Boba Fett Effect". He was an incredibly awesome and mysterious character that people wanted to know more about. The whole Maul-coming-back thing isn't too far-fetched when you think about it in the long run. I personally love Maul, and he is one of the main reasons I have such a love for Sith characters. They are mysterios and bad***, which gives them a cooler edge. It's a true shame they don't win more.

c) I can't say I'm a fan of Ashoka, although I do get the reasoning for putting her into the show. It was a stunt for Anakin's character development. Skywalker is kinda the star of the show, and a huge deal (he's the Chosen One, for cryin' out loud!). The writers believed Anakin needed an apprentice to give viewers a better understanding of Anakin's growth. It's pretty genius when you think about it.
Lord Ravvok
Annihilation Marauder
<Ebon Hawk, U.S>

Zaxem's Avatar


Zaxem
01.17.2013 , 01:48 AM | #113
Quote: Originally Posted by JediRios View Post
So i have tried to get into watching clone wars but I just can't. Ahsoka just annoys the hell out of me and i hate the attitude she give to jedi masters such as obi wan and even a jedi like anakin. Anakin was bad enough being a whiny padawan but i can stand ahsoka! I don't understand why people like the series so much. I also feel like she is overpowered for a padawan, and sometimes she makes anakin in and obi wan look stupid which is kinda ridiculous. I did like the old clone wars series however as it showed much more action and the fights were way more epic than the ones in the new clone wars imo. So....Whats your opinion? What do you think of Ashoka?
lol i'm probally the only 1 that doesn't think anakin was whinny at all he's my favorite character before he gets the suit
now on the subject of ahsoka i don't hate her but i find episodes with her kinda boring if they don't have anakin or ob1 in it expect for like 1
Peace is a lie, there is only passion.-Through passion, I gain strength.Through strength, I gain power.Through power, I gain victory.Through victory, my chains are broken.The Force shall free me 55 Juggernaut55 Assassin 50 Sniper 55 Mercenary50 Guardian55 Marauder

Wolfninjajedi's Avatar


Wolfninjajedi
01.17.2013 , 09:57 AM | #114
Quote: Originally Posted by Zaxem View Post
lol i'm probally the only 1 that doesn't think anakin was whinny at all he's my favorite character before he gets the suit
now on the subject of ahsoka i don't hate her but i find episodes with her kinda boring if they don't have anakin or ob1 in it expect for like 1
No your not, I don't think he was either.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Beans_of_steel's Avatar


Beans_of_steel
01.20.2013 , 08:18 AM | #115
Quote: Originally Posted by Bird_of_Thunder View Post
a) Learn to write correctly.

b) Darth Maul had what i call the "Boba Fett Effect". He was an incredibly awesome and mysterious character that people wanted to know more about. The whole Maul-coming-back thing isn't too far-fetched when you think about it in the long run. I personally love Maul, and he is one of the main reasons I have such a love for Sith characters. They are mysterios and bad***, which gives them a cooler edge. It's a true shame they don't win more.

c) I can't say I'm a fan of Ashoka, although I do get the reasoning for putting her into the show. It was a stunt for Anakin's character development. Skywalker is kinda the star of the show, and a huge deal (he's the Chosen One, for cryin' out loud!). The writers believed Anakin needed an apprentice to give viewers a better understanding of Anakin's growth. It's pretty genius when you think about it.
Nah, he's got a point man. Your favorite Sith is Darth Maul?!?! So your ideal villian is someone with no personality who hardly ever says anything, he's right, your in love with a movie face, just admit it man.

Edit: and you forgot to capitilize the I in "I call"

Harlequintwo's Avatar


Harlequintwo
01.20.2013 , 12:48 PM | #116
Quote: Originally Posted by Beans_of_steel View Post
Nah, he's got a point man. Your favorite Sith is Darth Maul?!?! So your ideal villian is someone with no personality who hardly ever says anything, he's right, your in love with a movie face, just admit it man.
Darth Maul's my favourite Sith too. In the Phantom Menace, he just looked bad***** and cool. The horns, the tattoos, the lightsaber, the vehicles, his fighting technique. Even the few bits of dialogue he had. He displayed a lot of personality in his silent presence and it appealed to my younger self. I'm glad they're expanding on him.

As for Ahsoka, I'd like it if she turned to the dark side. It would be an obvious indicator that Anakin is himself leaning towards the dark side, would be a good reason why she isn't mentioned later on, and if she is becomes apprentice to Maul then it legitimizes him as a character and a threat.

Scutum's Avatar


Scutum
01.20.2013 , 10:47 PM | #117
I'm not the biggest fan of the new series in general, but the main reason I don't like Ahsoka is the gaping hole she leaves in the reasoning of the characters and events in Episode III and afterwards. Since she doesn't appear in the events after the show, it's only logical to think that she either dies or disappears/leaves. In either of those cases, don't you think a character would find it worth bringing up at some point during Episode III? Especially in a scene like the appointing of Anakin to the council and when he eventually betrayed the Jedi?

In the actual show I feel like they could have presented her in a better way as well. Her character is basically a smaller (and more annoying) Anakin, and I think she is part of the reason that characters like Asajj Ventress are underestimated when she can stand up to them in a fight while being just a padawan. I understand that the writers probably wanted a character for the show's teen viewers to relate to and like because of her "rebellious" attitude, but to create a character that important in Anakin's life doesn't make sense when she is never mentioned in any of the events afterwards.

That's just my opinion, so take it with a grain of salt.
<--------------------------------------------------->
"This is all very interesting, but why should I care?"
―Kyle Katarn

Bird_of_Thunder's Avatar


Bird_of_Thunder
01.20.2013 , 11:18 PM | #118
Quote: Originally Posted by Beans_of_steel View Post
Nah, he's got a point man. Your favorite Sith is Darth Maul?!?! So your ideal villian is someone with no personality who hardly ever says anything, he's right, your in love with a movie face, just admit it man.

Edit: and you forgot to capitilize the I in "I call"
i didnt say Maul was my favorite Sith. Exar Kun is my favorite Sith
Lord Ravvok
Annihilation Marauder
<Ebon Hawk, U.S>

AhsokaTanorules's Avatar


AhsokaTanorules
01.21.2013 , 03:43 PM | #119
Just finished watching the recent Clone Wars chapter today. If only the BH in this game could have BH companions who were even half as decent as the ones Maul and Savage were fighting.