Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

space missions on sorc (might have spoilers)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
space missions on sorc (might have spoilers)

Riddicullus
01.18.2013 , 05:26 AM | #1
well i got my space missions at like lvl 16 or 17 (abouts) but the space missions seem a bit hard. The first mission where u need to protect that other ship from being destroyed, i always either find myself destroyed like 10-15 secs left or the enemy just gets those last hits on the ship i need to protect.

Also on the mission where i need to destroy some ships and such, i usually get a good harrasing from the big ship with their hue turrets some i shoot down with my missles but id like to keep em for emergencies.

Is there a way to to easily do these missions without failing a million times first?

Wolvereen
01.18.2013 , 05:43 AM | #2
buy the epic ship-gear from cartel market^^
(but i dunno if they have any level-restrictions...)

Riddicullus
01.20.2013 , 04:02 AM | #3
there should be easier ways to get them done i guess

DataBeaver
01.20.2013 , 04:31 AM | #4
In that particular mission, it's important to shoot the turrets of the frigates, since they stick around for a long time. Also try to shoot as many fighters as possible. There are no real emergencies where you'd need the missiles, so the frigate turrets are as good a target as any.

To help with your own survival, use your keyboard to fly around while you aim with the mouse. Any movement will reduce the chances of enemies hitting you.

You might have noticed that the mission always plays the same, so you can make not of especially difficult spots and concentrate on improving those.

Buying the grade 1 ship equipment from the vendor on the fleet also makes completing the missions easier while you're still learning. If you're committed to improving your skills, you should eventually be able to easily complete the missions with a vastly underspecced ship (I can complete "grade 5" missions with grade 2 components).

Hope this helps. In the end it comes down to more practice, so don't give up.

Akiviri
01.20.2013 , 07:11 AM | #5
While it is possible with a bare ship - go to the 'ship upgrades' vendor in the spaceport (look around you'll find them) and get the level one stuff. Makes it SO simple. Also - concentrate on the fighters, they do more damage to the shuttle than the rest do.

I used guns + missiles on the frigate turrets, more because it was fun than out of necessity. But saving a couple missiles for those last couple of fighters is a good idea - you really don't need to hoard them - at least not on this mission.
Come to the dark Side ... we have cookies and Shock Collars