Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Blitz-wing
01.20.2013 , 04:31 AM | #2241
Quote: Originally Posted by Ignicity View Post
I chose to move servers because of this situation, so how am I not effected by it. Personally, I feel you're selfish by not giving a $#!? about anyone not still on an APAC server. If I moved from MDN to Dalborra, the server merge would fix my personal issue. I am Australian, and I am part of the Oceanic community. Just because it's not on a local server doesn't mean I'm not, and doesn't mean I haven't been adversely effected by this.
Well seeing your previous posts, you have no interest in the future of the APAC Servers.

For me, I want to move the four 50's I have off Master Dar'Narla and onto the US PVP server where I currently enjoy playing...
So you have not plans to stay on the APAC Servers.

If they only implement a merge, please don't for one second think that PvPers and RPer's that have re-rolled on US servers are going to come flooding back to the Super APAC Server. I certainly won't (not that many of you would care).
And your opinion on those that chose to re-roll in a different region like yourself.

AGAIN, THIS THREAD & IT'S CURRENT FOCUS HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH YOU!
It is about helping to solve the low population levels on all three APAC Servers.

Your are only looking for selfish benefits THAT WILL COME LATER THIS YEAR!
Open Transfers, BW have stated that they will come.

Thanks for supporting the APAC Server Merge
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BioWare:
Please make the New APAC Super Server a Destination Server & All Other Servers Origin Servers.

Allowing any & all that wish to transfer to the APAC Server the opportunity to do so. Like that which was given to the NA/EU players before there Consolidation.

MyPetMonkey
01.20.2013 , 04:40 AM | #2242
Quote: Originally Posted by Blitz-wing View Post
Well seeing your previous posts, you have no interest in the future of the APAC Servers.

So you have not plans to stay on the APAC Servers.

And your opinion on those that chose to re-roll in a different region like yourself.

AGAIN, THIS THREAD & IT'S CURRENT FOCUS HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH YOU!
It is about helping to solve the low population levels on all three APAC Servers.

Your are only looking for selfish benefits THAT WILL COME LATER THIS YEAR!
Open Transfers, BW have stated that they will come.

Thanks for supporting the APAC Server Merge
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BioWare:
Please make the New APAC Super Server a Destination Server & All Other Servers Origin Servers.

Allowing any & all that wish to transfer to the APAC Server the opportunity to do so. Like that which was given to the NA/EU players before there Consolidation.
Well played sir! Well played!

Opinions being what they are.... You are correct in singling this individual out for looking out for their own gain and not the APAC community as a whole.

OGsam
01.20.2013 , 05:59 AM | #2243
Why offer free transfers for RP players to US/EU servers but not PvP players? It makes no sense.
I never said NOT to give PvP players free transfers, maybe you should try and be constructive and add some positive feedback to my post, which has been a relatively well rounded and agreed upon opinion, rather than trying to shoot it down and bring nothing to the table.

To put some context to the situation:
Quote: Originally Posted by OGsam View Post
I'll extend on a previous post I made with what I feel is a solution that caters for everyone;

-Merge all 3 APAC servers into 1 APAC "PVE" super server.
-Offer free transfers to those APAC players who left and started fresh on US/EU servers but only allowing them to transfer to the new APAC super server.
-Offer free transfers for any character (yes, specifically character) that was on the Gav Daragon (APAC RP-PVE server) to a selected mid population US RP-PVE server.
-Finally allow anyone who's not happy with this to pay for a transfer when that service is available.

That may seem a lot of work, but you are asking us for the best solution and I truly believe that's it.
Add PvPers to the optional transfer to a mid population US/EU PvP server.
While this may seem a very extensive solution I do feel it is a solve for the problem almost as an entirety.

Feel free to give me some constructive feedback as to whether or not you guys want this as your solution, rather than bicker amongst ourselves BW/EA is relying on us to all agree upon a solution as adults and move forward together!
Dizzle - GM of <Legit>
Master Dar'Nala
Unsubscribed in protest of APAC dissolution.

Spinikar
01.20.2013 , 06:10 AM | #2244
Not trying to rush you guys (BW) but any idea when we might get a response about whats gonna happen, or how long your gonna let the reponses go on?

Just the waiting is annoying and a timeframe is so much better to have then nothing, even if its a couple of months long.
"Revan was power. It was like staring into the heart of the Force. Even then, you could see the Jedi he would slay etched on his soul."
419 Empire Guild Leader
spinikar@419guild.com

Esno
01.20.2013 , 06:36 AM | #2245
Quote: Originally Posted by Spinikar View Post
Not trying to rush you guys (BW) but any idea when we might get a response about whats gonna happen, or how long your gonna let the reponses go on?

Just the waiting is annoying and a timeframe is so much better to have then nothing, even if its a couple of months long.
Prob wont hear anything till Tuesday onwards as is Sunday morning in the USA atm so our Monday will be a wipe for any info id guess
Beware my BOOM stick The Harbinger
Esno - (Heals) Commando, Ry'gell - Jedi Knight, Darg'go - Jedi Consular, Short'roundup - Smuggler // G'kaarr - Sith Warrior, Esnoimi - Bounty Hunter, Nem'esiss - Sith Inquisitor, Londo'no - Imperial Agent

D_anger
01.20.2013 , 06:43 AM | #2246
it is important to get a response quickly now though, there has been lots of information passed your way BW, its time to start passing it back.

You can see what the community wants, please tell us what you are thinking and when we can expect any action, or non action, if you so choose.
Kaelus the Incidental GM
REFUND EXPECTED

Cheezfriend
01.20.2013 , 06:48 AM | #2247
Quote: Originally Posted by D_anger View Post
it is important to get a response quickly now though, there has been lots of information passed your way BW, its time to start passing it back.

You can see what the community wants, please tell us what you are thinking and when we can expect any action, or non action, if you so choose.
We can only hope we get this soon, Joveth's post has restored some of my faith in an outcome but if they delay it, it's only going to get worse.

I posted earlier how I played on MDN and the ping was amazing, there were large lag spikes but this is the first time I have experienced this.

I just want this issue sorted, it's been soooooooooo long since I created this thread!

RichW
01.20.2013 , 07:28 AM | #2248
1. Merge everyone to Dalborra.
2. When PVP players start on the server, have them accept a waiver that they will be permanently flagged pvp. If they dont accept, they become regular PVE players.
3. Server transfers free TO Dalborra from US.
4. Paid server transfer TO the US for anyone who doesnt like it.

The reason for 4, is their PVP community will still exist. With more people available for warzones.
Added to #2, extend the PVP cooldown for it to turn off by another 5min (obviously for the PVE players, making it a tad more interesting if they choose to flag and attempt a gank). And for gods sake, add a counter so people can see how long til it wears off.

LydMekk
01.20.2013 , 08:10 AM | #2249
Give it up, they won't do this after all this time the thread has been up.

Bennis
01.20.2013 , 08:25 AM | #2250
Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post
Hi everyone,

I know it’s been a while since we’ve updated this thread, and I wanted to let you know that we haven’t forgotten about our Oceanic players. Now that we’re at a more stable point in time (post Free-to-Play transition and post holidays), we wanted to re-examine this issue. We’re going to be completely honest with you: there doesn’t seem to be an easy solution for anyone. We’ve seen many ideas from you folks such as merging all three servers into one, allowing for transfers to North America servers, and even not doing anything at all, but none of them seem to be an ideal solution for all. This is why we are now opening up this dialogue with you.

In this thread, please let us know what you think the best solution will be for your servers. I know there have been many suggestions already, but I would like to collect the most current ideas for us to consider. After that, our team will review and discuss what is feasible and what makes the most sense to do. Please remember to follow all forum rules and be respectful of each other’s ideas, even if you disagree with it.

Thank you all, and we look forward to your ideas.

The only REAL solution i see is the merge of all 3 servers, the only reason i still pay for this game (apart from it being the only SW MMO now...) is because the low latency makes running content amazing.

Low latency makes all the difference for quite a lot of us, it wont be fun going back to having to have 180+ms in PvP, may as well play that other game if you want latency.

SWTOR really stepped up to embrace the Australasian market, provide us servers in a great location.

If we had willing players join from US west its a possibility for population.

One other option is to shard the servers into PvP and PvE instances so if you want to PvP you are in a PvP instance of the same planet and wont run into PvE players while running content that everyone can access. But when you want to join GF or find a WZ you just click the button and EVERYONE is available to run PUGS, this option means the PvPers can PvP without the PvEers complaining about being flagged or getting ganked etc but gives everyone a healthy population to run group content as after all, its mean to be an MMO and so far i havent seen MASSIVE
Quote: Originally Posted by Drakos View Post
If anyone provides a link between Revan and Anakin, I will tear my face off and sever all ties with the Star Wars genre.