Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Crashing upon completing Black Talon FP

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service (Read-Only)
Crashing upon completing Black Talon FP

Avia
01.19.2013 , 07:17 PM | #1
Just picked up the game again after a few month hiatus and started up a new character. Every time I complete the Black Talon instance, my game crashes to desktop on the scene that teleports you either to the planet or to the station. It doesn't matter which is chosen, or who does the choosing, but I've crashed about 5 times at this point today. It makes collecting the daily reward problematic, since if the group disbands you are ejected from the instance and get no daily or quest completion.

Has anyone else encountered this? Has anyone else found a solution?

PS. The game is a fresh install on a PC that was built specifically to play it [at the beginning of the year], and runs the game very smoothly in general. This is the only consistent crash I have found thus far.

OwenBrooks
01.19.2013 , 07:19 PM | #2
Disable Bloom, ingame > preferences > graphics > advanced > untick bloom

If that doesnt work for some reason lower all your graphics down for the hyperspace jump only

Avia
01.19.2013 , 07:20 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by OwenBrooks View Post
Disable Bloom, ingame > preferences > graphics > advanced > untick bloom

If that doesnt work for some reason lower all your graphics down for the hyperspace jump only
I shall give it a try.

Is it something new in this patch that broke it?

OwenBrooks
01.19.2013 , 07:21 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Avia View Post
I shall give it a try.

Is it something new in this patch that broke it?
NO been a round long time, people need to untick bloom

Avia
01.19.2013 , 07:24 PM | #5
NO been a round long time, people need to untick bloom
Strange then, because I ran it for a few months on launch and never had any issues...

OwenBrooks
01.19.2013 , 07:27 PM | #6
Strange then, because I ran it for a few months on launch and never had any issues...
It is a video driver crash actually, why for some and not for others is the question, but if it affects you then for most turning off bloom stops it, if not turn all your gfx down for the hyperspace jump only.

Avia
01.19.2013 , 07:50 PM | #7
Whelp, bloom didnt fix it, next try is turning off windowed mode I guess, then it's turning everything down.. (does that include resolution?).

OwenBrooks
01.19.2013 , 07:55 PM | #8
Whelp, bloom didnt fix it, next try is turning off windowed mode I guess, then it's turning everything down.. (does that include resolution?).
For most this fixes it, but not all like I said, why good question, no 2 computers are identical.

Lower all graphic settings down, if over time you want to track it down , then before the jump make a change each time until it crashes. Some have said Ambient Occlusions have caused them issues. I dont get this issue so makes it hard for me to find it.

Resolution should not matter.

If you minimize the game during the hyperspace jump it will also stop the crash.

Hyfy
01.19.2013 , 08:32 PM | #9
For most this fixes it, but not all like I said, why good question, no 2 computers are identical.

Lower all graphic settings down, if over time you want to track it down , then before the jump make a change each time until it crashes. Some have said Ambient Occlusions have caused them issues. I dont get this issue so makes it hard for me to find it.

Resolution should not matter.

If you minimize the game during the hyperspace jump it will also stop the crash.
This is good to know cause it happened to me the other day and I was wondering why. I did get a new video card for Christmas and with it I got the shiny "very high settings" now so bloom was probably turned on for me too. Like I said good to know, thanks for that.
US. ARMY Military Police Corps

Sarcasm, a body's natural defense against stupid

HiltoftheDragon
01.19.2013 , 10:25 PM | #10
The work around for this is to minimize the game during the hyperjump. Wait until its over and maximize the game back. Its worked for most people having this issue.
The Solari Legacy
"Death is an old friend of mine"
Grievance @ The Shadowlands
Creedess 65 * Serinety 65 * Noliana 65 * Adea 60 * Revenup 60