Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Good guilds still accused of hacks

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Server Forums > The Harbinger
Good guilds still accused of hacks

daveyggg
01.19.2013 , 09:10 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by VstarD View Post
What really bugs me is that covenant is considered a good PvP guild

Cookies play "kickball" weekly and we beat them with our "b" team
i am "b" team and i have never lost to them
>LuBu
(Ceraii-sira'h)
Now now lubu let's keep this peaceful and target the real enemy who are the hackusators(sp? Real word?). I'm sorry but this is my first pc game ever, I bought a pc just to play this game, and even if I wanted to hack I honestly don't think I could figure it out for the life of me yet I get accused daily. The trick is to run carnage and spam predation and 1 in 3 warzones you will see in /say "nice speed hacks". Can't believe people still don't understand this ability.

Also remember a time I was playing against hype and a guy said he hacked his way from mid to snow in 5 seconds. I asked him if he knew what force speed was and he replied something along the lines of "herp derp packit editing derp".

I guess the morale of this post is please shut up with the hacking cries and get better. If I can figure out this game enough to be called a hacker so can you! I believe.

P.s. Hype is a hacker
Akva So'low Wrf Solw So'op Over'powered Worfette Pizzathehtt

Free Character Transfer & 7 days free sub time @ http://www.swtor.com/r/jqdvYL

Eggsbacon
01.19.2013 , 09:14 PM | #22
what nekron said. A lot of the hackusations are coming from people not understandings abilities. ie HTL for vanguard tactics.

People just need to educate themselves on this game better.

And psi: F that korean video.
pew pew pew pew

Nachos!

Sowwy
01.19.2013 , 09:15 PM | #23

>LuBu
(Ceraii-sira'h)
Not sure why the hate because Cov doesn't deserve it. They don't try to be the bestest guild ever because they don't care about that. Many have a families, careers and/or tackling graduate school. Granted, there are some crappy folks with the tag but when Cov does manage to get their keys players together, which is rare, they do very well. It's not like we have a massive pvp population, so lets respect what we have.

daveyggg
01.19.2013 , 09:16 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by penguinhunter View Post
?

I didn't realize Nekron, Vullesh, Dragis, Sheemie, Lainon and Psiebral were all on your "b" team.

Just like you guys, we had some on our A team and some who aren't.
Psirebral is more like D team but he's funny and does a great Cleveland impression so we keep him around.
Akva So'low Wrf Solw So'op Over'powered Worfette Pizzathehtt

Free Character Transfer & 7 days free sub time @ http://www.swtor.com/r/jqdvYL

AltruisticRage
01.19.2013 , 09:40 PM | #25

>LuBu
(Ceraii-sira'h)
The internets validates meeeee
Altruistic <C O V E N A N T> // Sage Healer // The Harbinger
"PvP like you are PvPing for your fake dead girlfriend"

Psirebral
01.19.2013 , 10:33 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by daveyggg View Post
Psirebral is more like D team but he's funny and does a great Cleveland impression so we keep him around.
Haters gonna hate. *In Cleveland's voice*

tpryan
01.19.2013 , 11:25 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by DaTimba View Post
That would be Ops chat, not general bud. Also those are the same 8 people that are in the process of being rolled with you. Still also want to point out that you have the option of downloading a free version of fraps and recording this for the world to see. And after all, according to all the accusers, hacking is so wide spread it should only take a few games to get your video evidence.
It was in general chat and it was in PvP...

tpryan
01.19.2013 , 11:32 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by tpryan View Post
It was in general chat and it was in PvP...
"according to all the accusers, hacking is so wide spread"

just telling you one experience in PvP...hacking does exist and it does exist on Harbinger. BW would not have put up that big announcement if there wasn't hacking...

I am not a great PvPer by any means...I do it enough to understand when someone is playing better than the game mechanics allow. In the PvP I was in a scoundrel was moving very fast...faster than talents/ game mecahnics would allow. I mentioned in chat that he was moving fast....multiple people already knew his name and guild and were not surprised. take that for what you will.

agape_
01.19.2013 , 11:40 PM | #29
A player on hostile takeover thought infiltrate was a hack when 3 powetechs came out of stealth and pwned him
Agapex: Level 55 PT
gods gift to swtor on the bastion

absoluteR
01.20.2013 , 12:03 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by agape_ View Post
A player on hostile takeover thought infiltrate was a hack when 3 powetechs came out of stealth and pwned him
lol wow
The Harbinger: Yvi'tisi | Blueberryy | Bgg | Dzr
The Bastion: Astronomical | Protensityy
Prophecy of the Five: Amazingness | I'need-money
Got Strafe?