Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Good guilds still accused of hacks

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Server Forums > The Harbinger
Good guilds still accused of hacks

IAmViiOLENT
01.19.2013 , 07:20 PM | #11
Eh, I know the exact occasion Vox speaks of. It was way back when when we were in MOTION together on Drooga's right after rated's came out and a lag spike made Shishou lag across the screen and Vox had it on camera. Believed it was a hack etc.

Cookies/Cov/Goof Troop, Etc other good PvP guilds don't hack. Some bad PvP guilds do hack, and they're the ones who get banned a few times over =)

tpryan
01.19.2013 , 07:42 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Spliffy-TreesOG View Post
This whole "these guilds are hacking and I'm going to report them with no evidence because they beat me in a warzone!!11!" is getting old and stale. I just read on Darthhater that someone accused a lot of our good pvp guilds on our server of hacking in warzones, and to top it all off a darthhater mod even agreed with that commenter.

Here's a link to the thread if anyone is interested: http://www.darthhater.com/articles/f...mn-pvp-1-17-13 (scroll down to about the 3rd comment to see what Im talking about)

I'm really starting to get annoyed with all of these wild accusations that have been circulating over the last few weeks. I'll stand up for these guilds when I say that I haven't seen any funny behavior from them and the butt kicking from them was because of their skill, not hacks. And to anyone that tries to say they hack I ask you this one thing; post proof. Until then you're just talking out of your *** and slandering the names of good pvp guilds/players.

To sum up this rant my jimmies have been thoroughly rustled and I was a little shocked seeing a mod of a reputable site agreeing with something that bs.

...and yet when you see that guilds name on a character who is using a hack and you mention it in general...everyone says..."oh yeah they use hacks all the time...and that player was reported a few times this week"
so "good" guilds do hack...the darthhater article just brings that to light.

VstarD
01.19.2013 , 07:43 PM | #13
What really bugs me is that covenant is considered a good PvP guild

Cookies play "kickball" weekly and we beat them with our "b" team
i am "b" team and i have never lost to them
>LuBu
(Ceraii-sira'h)

DaTimba
01.19.2013 , 07:57 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by tpryan View Post
...and yet when you see that guilds name on a character who is using a hack and you mention it in general...everyone says..."oh yeah they use hacks all the time...and that player was reported a few times this week"
so "good" guilds do hack...the darthhater article just brings that to light.
Really? Everyone is quite a lot of people. Generally speaking each fleet has around 200 people on it, give or take, and when you bring up that my guild is hacking you get 200 responses that we hack all the time? Don't exaggerate because one other baddie that got rolled by us happened to agree with you. Simply put if you want to prove that any of these guilds are hacking download fraps and record it. If it's so wide spread and such a hindrance to every warzone you and all the baddies play then it should take about a half dozen games to catch us in the act and win your argument. Yet oddly enough there is TONS of game footage floating around twitch and youtube of our server and none of it has anything that resembles hacking.
Tairisa/Operative/The Harbinger
Ascendancy

tpryan
01.19.2013 , 07:59 PM | #15
It was in PvP so "everyone" was 8+ people...

DaTimba
01.19.2013 , 08:09 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by tpryan View Post
It was in PvP so "everyone" was 8+ people...
That would be Ops chat, not general bud. Also those are the same 8 people that are in the process of being rolled with you. Still also want to point out that you have the option of downloading a free version of fraps and recording this for the world to see. And after all, according to all the accusers, hacking is so wide spread it should only take a few games to get your video evidence.
Tairisa/Operative/The Harbinger
Ascendancy

Dierdrea
01.19.2013 , 08:16 PM | #17
Is being Asian considered hacking?

Psirebral
01.19.2013 , 08:22 PM | #18

penguinhunter
01.19.2013 , 08:47 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by VstarD View Post
What really bugs me is that covenant is considered a good PvP guild

Cookies play "kickball" weekly and we beat them with our "b" team
i am "b" team and i have never lost to them
>LuBu
(Ceraii-sira'h)
?

I didn't realize Nekron, Vullesh, Dragis, Sheemie, Lainon and Psiebral were all on your "b" team.

Just like you guys, we had some on our A team and some who aren't.

Mr_Elotes
01.19.2013 , 08:58 PM | #20
Like I said in another thread. Most of the accusations come from ignorance (like explaining why someone predation faster than theirs or why certain classes dont take dmg for a few seconds, or very little dmg for that matter, or how a certain class can make others invisible for a period of time...see what i did there?) and/or being completely dominated. I am truly getting tired of explainging why things occur. Now I do understand that everything is hackable ( I work for a semiconductor company and we have a "team" dedicated for attacks and what not) but not everything is a hack.

Good luck to those of you guys/girls in the guilds I love playing against on both factions. I truly mean that statement. What I can see happening in the future is the dumbing down of pvp and/or less ppl to play against due to them being banned and their guild mates leaving for the same reason ...pretty sure it will be the latter.

This is just another reason for me NOT to join a guild. Apparently it puts a target on your back for the wrong reasons. Like I tell people at work "there are people who believe this: Make others look bad to make yourself look good". Once again good luck.
<ISWHODUNIT>
Snuck'in, R'senole, Camps, Snuck'out
Unsober PVPer