Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Same gender relationships clarifications?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Same gender relationships clarifications?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

stuffystuffs
01.19.2013 , 02:21 PM | #5441
Quote: Originally Posted by Kioma View Post
They've chosen to make more in-depth changes to the romance arcs in order to make them SGRA-capable so no matter how easy it could be with a few gender flag alterations and a handful of rephrased lines they're not going to do that.
I do wonder why they've chosen to go this route? I mean, they surely go the easy route with new gear as most is retexed from existing stuff. It seems odd.

All I can say is, "I'll believe it when I see it."
Node guarder

chuixupu
01.19.2013 , 02:57 PM | #5442
Quote: Originally Posted by Royox View Post
We have names....

SGR
Random male NPC 1 on Makeb
Random male NPC 2 on Makeb
Random female NPC 1 on Makeb
Random female NPC 2 on Makeb

OGR

None of the current companion will be SGR when Makeb goes out.
8 total romanceable NPCs? I think you're giving them far too much credit.
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

stuffystuffs
01.19.2013 , 04:32 PM | #5443
Quote: Originally Posted by chuixupu View Post
8 total romanceable NPCs? I think you're giving them far too much credit.
Nah, it's 4 as they are shared.
Node guarder

Captain_Zone
01.19.2013 , 06:18 PM | #5444
Quote: Originally Posted by Royox View Post
We have names....

SGR

OGR

None of the current companion will be SGR when Makeb goes out.
No Kira. Yeah, I'm done. Kira, Kaliyo, Vette, Jaesa, Risha, and Mako would have been easy to make SGR compatible. But instead of letting BW do what they do best, EA is all about "Cut costs and expect people to stick around." In the immortal words of Daffy: "Not thith little black duck!"
. OPOD
Shivalka: Darth Baras is quite large, isn't he?
Joran Karn: You, my dear Sith, have just mastered the art of understatement.

wainot-keel
01.19.2013 , 06:23 PM | #5445
Quote: Originally Posted by Captain_Zone View Post
Thanks to EA's decision to make SGRs P2G, and not even giving us names for who will be SGR compatible, I've cancelled my sub. I may finish the Consular storyline eventually.... maybe. Done all the others. Did PvP. Did Flashpoints and Raids. BTDTGTTS (Been There Done That Got The T-Shirt).
I'm sorry to hear this CZ, but I totally get where you are. I'm enjoying the game for other reasons beyond the romances so I keep playing for the time being, but in this particular regard, SWTOR is a fail for me and I'm not expecting my view on this will change much.

Quote: Originally Posted by Kioma View Post
They've chosen to make more in-depth changes to the romance arcs in order to make them SGRA-capable so no matter how easy it could be with a few gender flag alterations and a handful of rephrased lines they're not going to do that.

blegh... more and more all that they said sounds like PR garbage to me, nothing more. What makes SGRs, so so so complicated that it'll take years of writing to make it "right" ? What makes writing SGRs such an uber monumental titanic endeavour as opposed to OGRs ? How is it that neutral lines, like the ones the game currently has for most of the romances, with little references to the PC's gender is ok, but only ok for OGRs ?

/rant over

(not aimed at you Kioma, I guess I'm just frustrated)

chuixupu
01.19.2013 , 06:24 PM | #5446
Personally I think it would be awkward to suddenly make current companions SGR compatible at this point. I'd have to re-roll to take part in it anyway since all my companions on every character are fully maxed out in affection.

Tatile
01.19.2013 , 07:04 PM | #5447
Personally I think it would be awkward to suddenly make current companions SGR compatible at this point. I'd have to re-roll to take part in it anyway since all my companions on every character are fully maxed out in affection.
Yeah, it's very likely they've decided "Oh my glob, too hard" and are only going to have SGRA's with future companions... which you have to purchase from the Cash Shop.

You know.

Like you have to do with OGRA's.

I've sent Mr. Gonzalez a PM asking him why this fair, but he's not going to respond I don't think he likes me. He did come across as rather rude when I asked about the romances. Interesting that he thinks that throw away [Flirt]s are full blown romances, though. Says a lot.

JediMB
01.19.2013 , 07:51 PM | #5448
Quote: Originally Posted by Tatile View Post
Interesting that he thinks that throw away [Flirt]s are full blown romances, though. Says a lot.
To be fair, we don't really know what kind of interaction to expect with these NPCs. If it ends up being on a level similar to (and perhaps surpassing) Thana Vesh, I could very well count it as a full romance. Granted, it still wouldn't be the same thing as a companion character that travels with you on your adventures, but it'd be more than a few throwaway flirts.

It does feel rather unlikely that we'd get something like that, though, since there'd have to be at least two characters (one male and one female), and it'd be hard to give proper focus when it's up to the player to decide what character to pursue.
The Morrowbringer Legacy The Red Eclipse (PvE) [EU]
Deep into that darkness peering, you reach out your hand and grasp what you are searching for.
Now ring the bells that sweep away the darkness; the bells that beckon tomorrow's dawn.

stuffystuffs
01.19.2013 , 10:13 PM | #5449
Unless they have a way to prevent that....which would then take some time.
Node guarder

chuixupu
01.19.2013 , 10:26 PM | #5450
Yeah, honestly I just don't know exactly what kind of work goes into it and what kind of strings they need to pull to rework current companions. I know we've discussed a lot of different ideas before, like a way to "reset" companions. In one sense I think that wouldn't be too bad of an idea since it would allow people to go through it again without leveling from scratch, but then maybe that trivializes your decisions somewhat.