Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

star wrs the clone s5 e14

turnoverla-page
01.19.2013 , 12:25 PM | #1
i liked this episode, it had a good action scene between death watch and the bounty hunters, it was nice to see the brothers and death watch again. The disagreements shed light on the series previews where you death watch working with konobi fighting the other death watch and maul, it was also good to see the black sun, but i didn't think they where all one species. the only thing that did annoy me was the gamoreon guards being such pushovers, when there actually a hard opponent

Zeratho
01.19.2013 , 01:03 PM | #2
It was nice to see Darth Maul again after the first episode of this season. All the other ones have been pretty boring in my opinion.

Did anyone else get the feeling that it could be possible for Darth Maul to turn to the light side after he decided to play it cool when that Death Watch woman pointed a blaster on his brother's head? Somehow I could see Maul redeeming himself for protecting his brother or something.

Lord_Karsk
01.19.2013 , 01:03 PM | #3
Think it was a great episofe, so much character in the faces of those mandalorians.
Also loved that mando girl.Cant wait for the rest of the seasong.

Harlequintwo
01.19.2013 , 03:41 PM | #4
After the incredibly slow paced previous episodes in the season, this one went lightning fast! That's how they should make these episodes!

Loving all the preparation for an attack on Mandalore. Seems like the Vizla's going to stab Maul in the back though. Whilst I like that guy, if it comes down to a duel then I'm not sure he'll see the end of the arc.

Eillack
01.19.2013 , 03:43 PM | #5
It was good to see Season 5 finally start...too bad only a few episodes left.
With unity, comes strength...with strength, comes power...with power...comes obedience.....
CE Owner '09 Account
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post
..I think it's ultimately our fault for not communicating enough.

SNCommand
01.19.2013 , 03:44 PM | #6
Well there was a lot of fighting, that's for sure

love the focus on the underworld, makes the world seem more diverse than having just the Republic and the CIS bumping into each other
Quote: Originally Posted by Ben "Yahtzee" Croshaw
Personally I would slap Georges hands away from the editing desk, give him a colouring book and then remake the entire prequel trilogy so that Darth Vader uses the force to win breakdance competitions and chokes to death anyone who utters the word midichlorians.

CassusVerda
01.19.2013 , 04:56 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Zeratho View Post
Did anyone else get the feeling that it could be possible for Darth Maul to turn to the light side after he decided to play it cool when that Death Watch woman pointed a blaster on his brother's head? Somehow I could see Maul redeeming himself for protecting his brother or something.
Not me, he probably backed off because Savage is his apprentice and apart of his plan and also he probably felt Death Watch could be an asset, so he played nice.

Maul to me seems more calculating and evil than he was in Episode I...which is easy because he hardly did any thing except look cool and intimidating in that film. Sam Witwer is doing a real knock out job with the character. Makes me wish he and Matt Lanter could have played their Respective Characters in the Live Action Films.

Personally I liked this episode. I guess it is the hype from seeing the trailer and having to wait months of lackluster material to see the jewels of the season because personally this Season was really weak IMO. Only a few highlights really and one big payoff at the end. It's kind of sad actually. I feel Revival was aired first as a sort of "We're sorry but we're going to play the small stuff first and make you wait for the good stuff."

While I still think Death Watch shouldn't be portrayed as "The Cool Mandalorians" in this show I guess I have to sit back and enjoy seeing the next best thing to what I wanted ever since I saw the Season 2 Trailer. Mandalorians KICKING ARSE! Honestly I wish they could have simply substituted the Death Watch with Fenn Shya and Spar's Mandalorian Protector because canon wise they did support the CIS. But I digress.

Another thing I was hoping for but didn't see was Boba Fett clad in his iconic Armor among those Bounty Hunters. It would have been a beyond awesome to see the Son of Jango take on either the Son of Tor Viszla or brother...or whatever for a bit. I guess that would be too much of a fantasy to happen.

I also found the Bounty Hunters had a little too much plot armor on. There were times where they could have been killed but where spared the fate their "red shirt compatriots" were given.
EBON HAWK
"THE MANDALORIANS"
http://themandalorians.enjin.com/home
Aliit Kohr: Mains: 55 Snip Ba'slan 55 Op AP-XT (Assassin Droid) 55 PT D'Cassus

SNCommand
01.19.2013 , 07:18 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by CassusVerda View Post
I also found the Bounty Hunters had a little too much plot armor on. There were times where they could have been killed but where spared the fate their "red shirt compatriots" were given.
Well it's no more plot armor than the presence of Luke turning stormtroopers into the worst marksmen in existence

Also I agree with your assessment of Maul, he's keeping Savage alive because he's useful, not because he's attached to him, Savage is the one trying to get a personal bond with Maul
Quote: Originally Posted by Ben "Yahtzee" Croshaw
Personally I would slap Georges hands away from the editing desk, give him a colouring book and then remake the entire prequel trilogy so that Darth Vader uses the force to win breakdance competitions and chokes to death anyone who utters the word midichlorians.

TheHunterC
01.19.2013 , 10:05 PM | #9
I've been waiting for this arc, and so far, I love it! It's awesome to see some of my favorite Sith team up with Mandalorians! I'd actually love to see some armor like this and abilities for BH.
BioWare consider the ideas in THIS thread.

proud Collector's Edition owner

Beniboybling
01.20.2013 , 05:31 AM | #10
I really enjoyed this arc, really exciting and its nice to get more insight into the Underworld syndicates. At first when I saw that Falleen I though Xizor! But it seems everyone in Black Sun is Falleen. Since when was that the case? I thought Xizor was the only one. Unless of course these guys are part of his royal family, but I thought they all died when their home planet was bombarded...

Only thing I didn't like about this episode is Maul's 'new look'. I was kinda upset when they got rid of his old legs and gave him boring new ones, I thought those legs were really cool. And I don't like his robes either. I preferred it when he had the neck thing instead. Does anyone else agree? Don't you guys prefer the old Maul look? But hey, Savage is still looking cool as ever. And I'm starting to warm to these New Mandalorians, although they still seem a bit shady and Maul's tactics are very brutish. He just turns up on everyones doorstep and forces them to join him, I suspect that will soon backfire.

Anyway, really looking forward to the next episodes!