Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

error 9000

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

VVhistIer
01.19.2013 , 02:17 PM | #11
Seriously? This crap again? Bioware, I'm kind of disappointed. I preordered this game before going on deployment, and I have had a blast with it. I never even saw the loading screen error but now I'm also getting this error 9000. I did absolutely every single item on that list to fix this, and no it isn't my internet because my buddy beside me is playing on my connection right as rain.

What will it take to fix this? Y'all were doing well but it seems like the customer now takes second place to the cartel coins...

NottOm
01.24.2013 , 06:42 PM | #12
So i just started having this problem too, i was playing fine then i subscribed, i played for a while fine then all of a sudden my whole pc just shuts down and when i turn it back on all i can get is error 9000.
Spoiler

OwenBrooks
01.24.2013 , 06:59 PM | #13
NottOm

PC shutting down is not a good sign and is normally heat related.

error 9000 means the game lost connection with the server for more then 30 seconds, now when this occurs normal behavior is to return to server select with a popup which once you click ok will close the game.

Annoying it closes the game but that is its normal behavior on 9000 errors.

Error 9000 can be firewall settings , a Internet Issue, if it was server issue it would occur to quite a large number of people in one hit (mind a internet issue will do the same thing)

Why your PC is turning off is worrying.

VashUragan
03.12.2013 , 10:43 AM | #14
Spoiler
and 9000 error?

NighthawkTG
03.16.2013 , 11:55 PM | #15
all customer service is going to do is point the blame somewhere else and not try to do anything to help you. ive asked for help from everyone and got nothing searched everywhere tried everything and nothing but swtor is to busy making money from their cartel points and to busy making those better than to care about our problems or how to fix them all they will say is the same thing. disable this, delete that, but in the end it fixes nothing. it doesnt help that the servers are always heavy or worse putting a big load on everything but they dont want to add some more to release the load. i can play earlier in the morning and not disconnect as much because there isnt much load but anytime after 3 and i cant play because its atleast heavy all night.

Himeji_Endless
03.17.2013 , 02:38 AM | #16
More error 9000 in the last 2 hours - BW this problem has plagued you from launch and you still haven't been able to do a damn thing to help your customers. The frequency and length of this problem all points to you ... get off your asses and do something to help your customers ... i know you have lots of $$$ now from all the obscene items that sell off the cartel market - spend it on hiring staff to fix all the bugs and problems instead of pouring all your resources into the cartel shop - your greed is so transparent!

M÷urnblade - Assassin <Lvl 55>
-------------------------------------------------------------------
The Bastion (from Ajunta Pall)

OwenBrooks
03.17.2013 , 02:43 AM | #17
Himeji_Endless

Can you post up a tracert and pathping -n to the server you play on ?

Edit - Linking the below thread in case it helps some with DC

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=579777

GoldStoner
03.21.2013 , 05:12 PM | #18
I m a subscriber I ve been having this problem little over a week now . This is really getting annoying I ve tryed all the fixes listed by the GMs and others i ve found googleinng the problem.... the D/C are just random, I can be at a load screen or in mid battle. Its really starting to make me mad. I log back in dead and my group wipes because of it . I starting to regret paying for this game now , if its not fixed soon i m gonna quit and go back to WoW

Velmal
08.18.2013 , 03:47 AM | #19
I've done everything on that list and I still get the error 9000, what the hell are you doing bio ware, you've given us a list of things to do which don't work and I'm gonna guess that around 1/2 of players have got this but nothings been done to fix it, you've done a patch just to fix the end of the CZ-198 flashpoint, surely you can do a patch to fix thishttp://cdn-www.swtor.com/community/images/swtor/smilies/mad.png

OwenBrooks
08.18.2013 , 04:00 AM | #20
Error 9000 is a generic disconnect message , google "MMO" and "Disconnect" it is a fact of life for all MMOs for someone.

Finding the cause is the trick, if you have checked everything at your end then it is likely a net issue, you could try a vpn like www.wtfast.com and see if it persists, it may or maynot help depending on where the cause actually is, but if it does help it is definitely a net issue.