Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Cybertech] Cybertech Crew Skill Guide

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
[Cybertech] Cybertech Crew Skill Guide

Craftamancer
07.18.2012 , 02:13 PM | #121
Quote: Originally Posted by The_Duck View Post
armor mod schematics and mod schematics drop off of random trash mobs in EV and KP normal mode.
actually had one drop for me the other day when we decided to goof off with an alt raid in EV.

link to keen mod 24:
http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w...een_mod_24.jpg
Thanks a bunch, I'll toss that into my guide. I haven't seen any drop, but we normally only run nightmare modes if we're doing KP or EV, which isn't that often. Might be worth my while to do some story mode runs now.

Incidentally, I've updated my guide for 1.3. If you see any errors or non-updated info, please let me know!

Craftamancer
07.23.2012 , 12:02 PM | #122
I've updated the guide to reflect that droid components are once more selling at a decent rate. I've sold close to a dozen max level Redoubt pieces this week for 75k+ credits (over 100k for augment crit versions).

This is probably due to several factors.

- Players are getting their gear in advance for HK-51.

- Since they are relatively expensive items with a poor track record for selling, not a lot of crafters have dedicated themselves to learning the necessary schematics.

- The crafters who tend to toss earpieces and space ship components up on the GTN for less than the cost of the materials used to craft them aren't typically the ones who are willing to dedicate the time and resources required to research the good droid schematics. This is especially true since very few classes personally benefit from tank focused droid components, but everyone has an earpiece that they may choose to create for their own use, or for their companions.

*Incidentally, I'll likely start learning the remainder of my droid dps (overkill and critical) components, since we do not know what role(s) HK-51 will be filling.

RicoZaid
07.30.2012 , 11:02 AM | #123
Does anyone have the exact specs for grenades handy?
Range, effects, costs, suggested order of purchase for PvP and PvE ?

Thanks!!

Craftamancer
01.19.2013 , 01:51 PM | #124
I will be updating this guide for Terror From Beyond level content in the near future, most likely after Patch 1.7 so that I can include any new changes to Cybertech at that time.

My update will include the removal of outdated information regarding what sells and doesn't sell on the GTN, as much of what was in this guide no longer sells very well at all.

Liamo
09.08.2013 , 01:55 AM | #125
I'm not new to the game but new to being a serious crafter here (after being a dedicated crafter in SWG for the life of the game.)
I do like the crafting here, although I don't like the fact the stats are all cookie cutter, which doesn't let me differentiate myself, but it's still a fun part of the game and requires time and thought..
..that being said, I appreciate the guide. I was wondering, however, are there schematics that drop that let make better armor/mod/earpieces, then we can learn from the trainer?
If I missed that here, I apologize. The other guides used so much shorthand I didn't understand, I gave up, so it might have been answered there.
I'm maxed out at 450 for Cybertech/Scavenging/Underworld and just would like to know where to go from here.
Currently, I'm working on getting resources to craft the purple armor I have but seem to make consistent sales on the pieces I can make, in addition to augmentation kits.
I'll be reading and rereading this guide as there are terms and concepts I still don't understand, but I figure the best way is craft and craft and hopefully it will make more sense to me lol
Right now, however, just curious on additional schematics that might drop to make more competitive armor/mods because I really thought the stuff I've seen from the PvP vendors are higher. I'm not in game to check, however.
Thanks in advance.

Lecaja
09.09.2013 , 10:12 AM | #126
Removed because I found my answer once I read the faq.

Liamo
09.09.2013 , 11:51 PM | #127
Quote: Originally Posted by Lecaja View Post
Removed because I found my answer once I read the faq.
Where did you see an FAQ as that might answer my questions too?