Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

I do not agree with the inclusion of SGRs.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Suggestion Box
I do not agree with the inclusion of SGRs.
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

markcymru
01.19.2013 , 11:46 AM | #541
Quote: Originally Posted by Royox View Post
So, like in real life, don't force current straight companions to begin a SGR. Make 1-2 new companion to be SGR for every class (I say 1-2 because all my chars only have 1 companion with allows romance -.- ). Don't touch what we have.

/deal.
In your game they may be straight. In my game, the female companions might all be bi or lesbian ! I'll find out if/when they introduce SGRs for current companions.
Elizabeth Warren for President !

Caelrie
01.19.2013 , 12:59 PM | #542
Quote: Originally Posted by Kazjan View Post
I agree with mostly everyone in this thread. BW you need to give reason why you selected this to be over other important things this game needs.
Because what you think is most important isn't what everyone else thinks is most important. Simple as that.

Petnil
01.19.2013 , 12:59 PM | #543
SGR with companions ??? who told you that were coming ?? Only thing coming in the near future is a few same gender flirt options with NPCīs and only on Makeb. Itīs realy no big deal, the time it takes to write a romance reply compared to the time to write a normal reply would be the same i guess.

I wouldnīt mind having SGR with companions available, then again i wouldnīt mind either if companions were somehow deleted from swtor. Companions is not what makes a great MMO, itīs the comunity and the world we "live" in that makes a great MMO. That how i see it anyways.

kirorx
01.19.2013 , 01:06 PM | #544
Most of our level 50 characters are married to their companions.

A couple flirt options with a couple NPCs solely on Makeb is just a half a** attempt to please the people that want SGR.

Either implement SGR for realz, or just worry about something else.

I have no problem with SGR, in fact i wanted my sith twi'lek male to be kinda both ways (i am not that way in RL, just more fitting for him: maybe it was centaurian gear lol).

Point is that SGR with a couple NPCs this far into the storyline is kinda silly.
Watch the Clowder of Cather in this video http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=j7uTcYvoEbU

Altyrell
01.19.2013 , 01:42 PM | #545
Quote: Originally Posted by Petnil View Post
SGR with companions ??? who told you that were coming ??
http://www.swtor.com/info/news/blog/20130102

Topic #4: Same Gender Romance: Any news on this front would be great… Answer: First of all, I want to apologize that this is taking so long to get in the game. I realize that we promised SGR to you guys and that many of you believed that this would be with a companion character. Unfortunately, this will take a lot more work than we realized at the time and it (like some other pieces of content we talked about earlier in the year) has been delayed as we focused on the changes required to take the game Free-to-Play. As we have said in the past, allowing same gender romance is something we are very supportive of.

Secondly, I want to reveal today that we are adding SGR with some NPCs on Makeb and do intend on pursuing more SGR options in the future. More details to come!

Altyrell
01.19.2013 , 01:44 PM | #546
Quote: Originally Posted by kirorx View Post
Most of our level 50 characters are married to their companions.

A couple flirt options with a couple NPCs solely on Makeb is just a half a** attempt to please the people that want SGR.

Either implement SGR for realz, or just worry about something else.

I have no problem with SGR, in fact i wanted my sith twi'lek male to be kinda both ways (i am not that way in RL, just more fitting for him: maybe it was centaurian gear lol).

Point is that SGR with a couple NPCs this far into the storyline is kinda silly.
Uh.... SGR's on Makeb is ONLY the beginning, and SGR's with Companions are STILL in the works and will be coming.

kirorx
01.19.2013 , 02:11 PM | #547
Quote: Originally Posted by Altyrell View Post
Uh.... SGR's on Makeb is ONLY the beginning, and SGR's with Companions are STILL in the works and will be coming.
i am doubtful about that.

There was already an interview in which it was related that expansions on companion conversation are very low on the priorty list.

The "still in the works" answer does nothing for us. We have been hearing that kind of answer since chat bubbles are comming soon
Watch the Clowder of Cather in this video http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=j7uTcYvoEbU

Altyrell
01.19.2013 , 02:27 PM | #548
Quote: Originally Posted by kirorx View Post
i am doubtful about that.

There was already an interview in which it was related that expansions on companion conversation are very low on the priorty list.

The "still in the works" answer does nothing for us. We have been hearing that kind of answer since chat bubbles are comming soon
Ok, first they've stated that there are MORE Options coming in regards to Romances (SGR & otherwise).

Second, Romances and Chat Bubbles have nothing to do with each other. Heck, they aren't even in the same Departments.

Revanchis
01.19.2013 , 02:53 PM | #549
Quote: Originally Posted by Petnil View Post
SGR with companions ??? who told you that were coming ?? Only thing coming in the near future is a few same gender flirt options with NPCīs and only on Makeb. Itīs realy no big deal, the time it takes to write a romance reply compared to the time to write a normal reply would be the same i guess.

I wouldnīt mind having SGR with companions available, then again i wouldnīt mind either if companions were somehow deleted from swtor. Companions is not what makes a great MMO, itīs the comunity and the world we "live" in that makes a great MMO. That how i see it anyways.
Without companions this story wouldn't have nearly the same amount of story or real attachment to our characters. It would have failed to draw any of Bioware's old crowd. In which case what would be the point of having Bioware make an MMO,

VassagoOmega
01.19.2013 , 03:45 PM | #550
I don't think any romance needs to be added to the game. Romance with an NPC is kinda pointless, and rather unfulfilling. Much like kissing your reflection in the mirror.

My disagreement with this particular addition to the game, is more about privacy. The key problem with romantic options with NPCs is the "group factor".

Regardless of how you feel on SGR content, you have no control on these conversation outcomes if someone is grouped with you, and they happen to roll higher on the conversation option.

SGR content, just like ANY romantic option, should be EXCLUSIVE to companion, or single player conversations. Your romantic choices should not be made public, in any way.
TURRIS FORTIS MIHI DEUS
Awakened to Redemption A Christian Gaming Guild