Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Game Update 1.7: Return of the Gree is coming soon!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Game Update 1.7: Return of the Gree is coming soon!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Mevan
01.18.2013 , 06:13 PM | #211
Quote: Originally Posted by AlbusAngelus View Post
Maybe they want an area to reward people who have put time into both PvP and PvE? Is that just too simple of a concept to understand?
If people wanted PvE and PvP content to be blended together they'd ask for it.

PvE server = People who don't want to be forced to PvP
Is that just too simple a concept to understand?

GragorArtis
01.18.2013 , 07:21 PM | #212
I understand about how PvErs don't like being forced to PvP in order to do these events, believe I know, I myself am a PvEr. But guys I mean this whole game is full of people who will gank you on any server. If you guys are still like "oh well this is a PvE server they shouldn't do this," then you should really realize that there are PvPers on all servers. Almost every planet is PvPable, so if you guys have a problem with this, then you have a problem with almost every planet. If you guys dont want to get ganked, play a stealth character if you have one, or get a group together to help you get to locations to do quests. Bioware could have made it more efficient I will agree on that, but they've had so many cuts that they're barely keeping this game up and running. If you get ganked, don't blame Bioware, they have enough trouble dealing with keeping this game alive. And if you guys still have a problem then let me tell you, is the Black Hole PvPable, yes it is. Is Ilum PvPable? Yes it is. Don't blame Bioware for being gankable, blame the people who gank you. There will always be those sorts of people in video games, Bioware has no control over it.

lollie
01.18.2013 , 07:25 PM | #213
Quote: Originally Posted by GragorArtis View Post
I understand about how PvErs don't like being forced to PvP in order to do these events, believe I know, I myself am a PvEr. But guys I mean this whole game is full of people who will gank you on any server. If you guys are still like "oh well this is a PvE server they shouldn't do this," then you should really realize that there are PvPers on all servers. Almost every planet is PvPable, so if you guys have a problem with this, then you have a problem with almost every planet. If you guys dont want to get ganked, play a stealth character if you have one, or get a group together to help you get to locations to do quests.
On a pve server the pve players should not have to change their behaviour to accommodate the pvp players.

The pvp flagging exploits need to be fixed, and there should be no forced pvp AT ALL on a pve server.

CAUTION: DO NOT LOAD SWTOR UNLESS YOU HAVE AFTER-MARKET COOLING INSTALLED!!

Mevan
01.18.2013 , 07:28 PM | #214
Bioware has no control over it.
Um, they could not put events in a Open World PvP area? You seem to misunderstand the problem here.

GragorArtis
01.18.2013 , 07:34 PM | #215
Quote: Originally Posted by Mevan View Post
Um, they could not put events in a Open World PvP area? You seem to misunderstand the problem here.
There aren't a lot of non-Open Wold PvP areas

GragorArtis
01.18.2013 , 07:35 PM | #216
Quote: Originally Posted by lollie View Post
On a pve server the pve players should not have to change their behaviour to accommodate the pvp players.

The pvp flagging exploits need to be fixed, and there should be no forced pvp AT ALL on a pve server.
This isn't forced, you don't have to do it.

Mevan
01.18.2013 , 07:36 PM | #217
There aren't a lot of non-Open Wold PvP areas
Um, have you played the game? Ilum and the Outlaw's Den are the only two places I can think of that are Open World PvP areas.

lollie
01.18.2013 , 07:39 PM | #218
This isn't forced, you don't have to do it.
It's a new system, not just passing content. If the system is important to pve players then setting it in pvp area makes it exclusionary to the majority of players who rolled on a pve server so they don't get open world pvp forced on them.

Speculative feedback at this point is necessary, as the HK-51 forced pvp shows Bioware does not yet understand forced pvp is not wanted - they could easily be doing it again.

GragorArtis
01.18.2013 , 07:39 PM | #219
Quote: Originally Posted by lollie View Post
It's a new system, not just passing content. If the system is important to pve players then setting it in pvp area makes it exclusionary to the majority of players who rolled on a pve server so they don't get open world pvp forced on them.

Speculative feedback at this point is necessary, as the HK-51 forced pvp shows Bioware does not yet understand forced pvp is not wanted - they could easily be doing it again.
Was talking about the event not the reputation system

lollie
01.18.2013 , 07:40 PM | #220
Was talking about the event not the reputation system
We're talking about it all however.