Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Kaggath Tournament - Grievous vs Revan vs G0-T0

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Kaggath Tournament - Grievous vs Revan vs G0-T0

Beniboybling
01.18.2013 , 05:09 PM | #1
“No game of dejarik can be won without pawns...”

Round 1: General Grievous vs Darth Revan vs G0-T0

Welcome to the opening round of the ‘Kaggath Tournament’ Semi-Finals (featuring a new tri-battle set-up!) A competition pitting the power bases of the iconic Star Wars characters seen in the ‘Kaggath vs Series’ against each other in an epic tournament-style extravaganza.

For all those of you aren’t aware, the Kaggath is an ancient rite of the Sith, ‘one part duel, one part large-scale dejarik-match’. All three combatants have full use of their power bases, be it armies, strongholds or fleets, in order to outwit and outmanoeuvre their opponent. The Kaggath is no simple lightsaber duel, although it can come down to one, and the arena can be anywhere: a planet, star system or the entire galaxy.

Before we begin, let’s set out the ground rules for the Semi-Finals.

• The arena: the known galaxy.
  • No outside help of any kind, the combatants cannot call upon assets outside their power base, or other prominent powers apart from those listed below.
  • No outside involvement, other powers will not and cannot interrupt or affect the battle, for the purpose of argument they are non-existent.
  • No surrender, fight to the death!
  • No alliances, combatants cannot ally themselves for any period of time with other powers (excluding non-mutual tactical ceasefires)
  • Combatants can wait their opponents out, but not if only one remains.
  • No superweapons, e.g. the Malevolence, the Star Forge.
  • Technology level is universal (unless considered archaic or advanced at the time): blaster fire, armouring, lightsabers etc. are all the same regardless of period, all that matters is size, quantity and power.
  • Use your imagination: obviously these powers existed in a different time frame but let’s just pretend.

Permitted Allies:

General Grievous: Asajj Ventress

Darth Revan: Darth Malak

G0-T0: Hanharr

So, the combatants: General Grievous was a brilliant, brutal tactician and exemplary lightsaber duellist, as well as a master escapist and infamous Jedi killer. While Darth Revan was one of the most powerful Dark Lords in galactic history. He was exceptionally strong in the Force and a highly skilled swordsman, as well as a brilliant strategist and tactician. And finally G0-T0 was an epitome of cunning, logic and reason, using his cold and calculating persona and alter ego to achieve unnoticed power and influence on a galactic scale.

As a cyborg general, Grievous had command of the Separatist Droid Armies, the largest droid army ever constructed, as well as an armada of commerce ships converted into deadly battlecruisers. As a Sith Lord Revan commanded a powerful empire of Star Forged battlecruisers and fanatically loyal troopers, dark Jedi and Sith assassins. And masquerading as an Exchange boss G0-T0 controlled his own planetary cell, an invisible yacht and a legion of elite HK-50 assassin droids and mercenary clans. All three combatants possess radically different power bases. But whose is better? Who will win?

Let the Kaggath begin!

Beniboybling
01.18.2013 , 05:12 PM | #2
Remember just because this thread contains the word 'Revan' doesn't mean it has to erupt into a flame war.

MasterMe
01.18.2013 , 05:52 PM | #3
Interesting.....

Aurbere
01.18.2013 , 05:53 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
Remember just because this thread contains the word 'Revan' doesn't mean it has to erupt into a flame war.
Like that's gonna stop anyone!

I'm surprised these three were picked for this battle. I was hoping for Exar Kun vs. Grievous vs. Revan. Oh Well!

(Before I begin my analysis, which will be as unbias as possible, how much money does G0-T0 have? I think that should be addressed. This analysis will be posted under the impression that G0-T0 has bottomless pockets, or whatever a droid would keep credits in )

(And one more thing. How many ships did the Star Forge produce? And what kinds of ships were they?)

OK so, analysis time:

Land-

Troops numbers: Grievous commands an army of trillions(more than that, but trillions is a definite number) of battle droids that allowed him to expand the Clone Wars to every corner of the known galaxy. Darth Revan commanded an army of Dark Jedi, Sith Troopers and advanced War Droids. G0-T0 can hire as many people as he can and has a near limitless number HK-50 droids. Obviously Grievous wins, but G0-T0 comes in second here.

Troop Adaptability: Relatively equal here, but Grievous can build droids for any situation.

Vehicles: Simply put, Grievous has this category. The sheer variation and numbers of the vehicles he has can destroy anything Revan can bring. G0-T0 is the only one who could have a chance, as he can just buy vehicles.

Specialty troops(includes Dark Jedi and HK-50's): Grievous has Droideka's and Magnaguards, as well as Commando Droids at his disposal. Revan has the Dark Jedi, and G0-T0 has the HK-50's and the elite Bounty Hunters. Grievous and G0-T0's special troops can vanquish the Dark Jedi with relative ease (Droideka's and Magnaguards can take on Jedi Masters and the HK-50's are Jedi Killers). However, G0-T0's HK-50's can take on the Droideka's and Magnaguards. Tie between Grievous and G0-T0.

Land superiority: Grievous wins with Revan coming in at a close second. G0-T0 could simply buy himself an army (or build a ton of HK's), but he doesn't have the capability of competing in open ground warfare.

Space-

Ship numbers: I think it's pretty obvious who wins this category. Grievous simply has thousands of cruisers.

Space superiority: The Interdictor-class cruisers can put out some major firepower, but Revan doesn't have them in enough numbers to compete with the numbers of heavy cruisers that Grievous can bring to bear. Space goes to Grievous with Revan coming in second and G0-T0's Yacht and whatever he buys coming in third.

Other-

Recruitment: Not exactly a factor here, except for G0-T0. Would he be able to hack Grievous' droid army? They don't operate off of a CCC anymore, so how would he do it?

Allies: Ventress can defeat Malak in a duel (someone's gonna disagree, but they will be wrong), but I think Hanharr would beat her. Dueling-wise of course. Ventress could simply choke the poor wookiee into submission.

One-on-one: I think Darth Revan would prove the victor in a duel with Grievous(need to think more on that...). However, will Grievous allow that to happen? I doubt he would fight Revan one-on-one, not unless he has backup.

The Victor: Grievous will defeat Revan's armies, but I think G0-T0 may be able to outwit the General and gain the victory. Depends on whether or not he can hack Grievous' droid army. Bearing that in mind, the only way Revan can win is by cornering and defeating Grievous in a duel, which Grievous wouldn't be stupid enough to do. Grievous will beat Revan, leaving the General to deal with G0-T0.

Not sure who would win that, but I'm sticking with Grievous.

(Going to get called hater, but I tried to be as unbiased as possible)
Added Chapter 29 to The Shadows Fall
"My ultimate goal is the secret of life-that life that gives us consciousness, for without consciousness each of us is nothing. Through science, i will create new life and sustain my own. There is no reason Darth Plagueis could not live forever."

Wolfninjajedi
01.18.2013 , 05:58 PM | #5
Problem here with G0-T0 is that....his army, there are no numbers whatsoever. Though comparing his army to Grievous or Revan's, its more then likely gonna be small and being that the army would be just a conglmorant of mercs and droids they wouldn't really have a good command structure to start.

So right off the bat, G0-T0 and his army won't last compared to Grievous or Revan's armies. Now as for the other two, am not well versed with Revan's army like I am with Grievous's so I won't go into that but in combat I am going with Grievous here, being that Obi-Wan only lasted as long as he did thanks to him being THE master of Form 3 and even then Obi-Wan still almost lost.

Aurbere, to the question of how deep G0-T0's pockets are...I don't see them being very deep. He only operates on a single planet and I don't see him having a bottomless bank account from that alone.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

MasterMe
01.18.2013 , 06:03 PM | #6
I imagine Greivous will come across as the seemingly the most powerful, so I imagine this Kaggath will begin with Revan and G0-T0 (not teaming up) focusing on bringing down Greivous.

Revan will quickly learn that fighting the droid army head on isn't tactically the best course of action. But there are several ways to beat Greivous.

1. Scorched-earth tactics. Revan can send an enemy force around the enemy and attack their infrastructer like Sherman of the American Civil War. He could accomplish this by goading Greivous into a fight. Greivous will avert his attention and resources to a point that Revan has purposefully weakened. As this happens, Revan will send an army around to, like I said, wreck Greivous's infrastructure.

2. Assassins. They will be extremely decisive in this Kaggath. A group of assassins (with or without Revan) could beat Greivous.
NOTE: some might argue that these assassins won't be very effective. I disagree. Look at what Asajj Ventress and 2 Nightsisters almost did to Count Dooku in TCW.

MasterMe
01.18.2013 , 06:10 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
Like that's gonna stop anyone!

I'm surprised these three were picked for this battle. I was hoping for Exar Kun vs. Grievous vs. Revan. Oh Well!

(Before I begin my analysis, which will be as unbias as possible, how much money does G0-T0 have? I think that should be addressed. This analysis will be posted under the impression that G0-T0 has bottomless pockets, or whatever a droid would keep credits in )

(And one more thing. How many ships did the Star Forge produce? And what kinds of ships were they?)

OK so, analysis time:

Land-

Troops numbers: Grievous commands an army of trillions(more than that, but trillions is a definite number) of battle droids that allowed him to expand the Clone Wars to every corner of the known galaxy. Darth Revan commanded an army of Dark Jedi, Sith Troopers and advanced War Droids. G0-T0 can hire as many people as he can and has a near limitless number HK-50 droids. Obviously Grievous wins, but G0-T0 comes in second here.

Troop Adaptability: Relatively equal here, but Grievous can build droids for any situation.

Vehicles: Simply put, Grievous has this category. The sheer variation and numbers of the vehicles he has can destroy anything Revan can bring. G0-T0 is the only one who could have a chance, as he can just buy vehicles.

Specialty troops(includes Dark Jedi and HK-50's): Grievous has Droideka's and Magnaguards, as well as Commando Droids at his disposal. Revan has the Dark Jedi, and G0-T0 has the HK-50's and the elite Bounty Hunters. Grievous and G0-T0's special troops can vanquish the Dark Jedi with relative ease (Droideka's and Magnaguards can take on Jedi Masters and the HK-50's are Jedi Killers). However, G0-T0's HK-50's can take on the Droideka's and Magnaguards. Tie between Grievous and G0-T0.

Land superiority: Grievous wins with Revan coming in at a close second. G0-T0 could simply buy himself an army (or build a ton of HK's), but he doesn't have the capability of competing in open ground warfare.

Space-

Ship numbers: I think it's pretty obvious who wins this category. Grievous simply has thousands of cruisers.

Space superiority: The Interdictor-class cruisers can put out some major firepower, but Revan doesn't have them in enough numbers to compete with the numbers of heavy cruisers that Grievous can bring to bear. Space goes to Grievous with Revan coming in second and G0-T0's Yacht and whatever he buys coming in third.

Other-

Recruitment: Not exactly a factor here, except for G0-T0. Would he be able to hack Grievous' droid army? They don't operate off of a CCC anymore, so how would he do it?

Allies: Ventress can defeat Malak in a duel (someone's gonna disagree, but they will be wrong), but I think Hanharr would beat her. Dueling-wise of course. Ventress could simply choke the poor wookiee into submission.

One-on-one: I think Darth Revan would prove the victor in a duel with Grievous(need to think more on that...). However, will Grievous allow that to happen? I doubt he would fight Revan one-on-one, not unless he has backup.

The Victor: Grievous will defeat Revan's armies, but I think G0-T0 may be able to outwit the General and gain the victory. Depends on whether or not he can hack Grievous' droid army. Bearing that in mind, the only way Revan can win is by cornering and defeating Grievous in a duel, which Grievous wouldn't be stupid enough to do. Grievous will beat Revan, leaving the General to deal with G0-T0.

Not sure who would win that, but I'm sticking with Grievous.

(Going to get called hater, but I tried to be as unbiased as possible)
Good points, but I disagree concerning speciality in troops.

I think Revan can easily encounter Greivous in a duel. Look at how many times Greivous was forced to engage Anakin and Obi-wan. He barely survived most of those encounters. Just imagine Greivous vs Revan + tons of Sith assassins + Malak (perhaps?).

And I'd like to make the point that Revan's armies are large ENOUGH to hold Greivous at bay for a while. Long enough for Revan to try several assassination attempts and tactics.

Aurbere
01.18.2013 , 06:22 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by MasterMe View Post
I imagine Greivous will come across as the seemingly the most powerful, so I imagine this Kaggath will begin with Revan and G0-T0 (not teaming up) focusing on bringing down Greivous.

Revan will quickly learn that fighting the droid army head on isn't tactically the best course of action. But there are several ways to beat Greivous.

1. Scorched-earth tactics. Revan can send an enemy force around the enemy and attack their infrastructer like Sherman of the American Civil War. He could accomplish this by goading Greivous into a fight. Greivous will avert his attention and resources to a point that Revan has purposefully weakened. As this happens, Revan will send an army around to, like I said, wreck Greivous's infrastructure.

2. Assassins. They will be extremely decisive in this Kaggath. A group of assassins (with or without Revan) could beat Greivous.
NOTE: some might argue that these assassins won't be very effective. I disagree. Look at what Asajj Ventress and 2 Nightsisters almost did to Count Dooku in TCW.
1. Like that is going to work. The problem with that strategy is that Grievous' infrastructure is galaxy-wide. And any attempt to attack that infrastructure will be met with stiff resistance. Grievous can simply move his superior numbers around Revan's forces and hit him from all sides. Revan's only option is to spread his forces out to prevent that, but that means that his fringe forces will be targetted and eliminated.

2. Grievous has a company of Magnaguards with him, not to mention cruisers filled with Battle droids. And don't bring the assassins into this. They are just normal men (the non-Force user ones) compared to Grievous. They can't use their 'drain' ability on him as he has no strength in The Force.

Ventress is an incredibly skilled warrior and the Nightsisters are completely different from Revan's assassins. Not to mention that Grievous is incredibly difficult to kill (either straight up or from him running away).
"My ultimate goal is the secret of life-that life that gives us consciousness, for without consciousness each of us is nothing. Through science, i will create new life and sustain my own. There is no reason Darth Plagueis could not live forever."

Aurbere
01.18.2013 , 06:24 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by MasterMe View Post
Good points, but I disagree concerning speciality in troops.

I think Revan can easily encounter Greivous in a duel. Look at how many times Greivous was forced to engage Anakin and Obi-wan. He barely survived most of those encounters. Just imagine Greivous vs Revan + tons of Sith assassins + Malak (perhaps?).

And I'd like to make the point that Revan's armies are large ENOUGH to hold Greivous at bay for a while. Long enough for Revan to try several assassination attempts and tactics.
He barely survived against THE Soresu Master and The Chosen One. That's pretty good if you ask me.

How exactly is Revan going to get assassins to Grievous. Revan doesn't possess stealth. Not to mention that guard droids may be able to see stealthed assassins.

MasterMe
01.18.2013 , 06:27 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
1. Like that is going to work. The problem with that strategy is that Grievous' infrastructure is galaxy-wide. And any attempt to attack that infrastructure will be met with stiff resistance. Grievous can simply move his superior numbers around Revan's forces and hit him from all sides. Revan's only option is to spread his forces out to prevent that, but that means that his fringe forces will be targetted and eliminated.

2. Grievous has a company of Magnaguards with him, not to mention cruisers filled with Battle droids. And don't bring the assassins into this. They are just normal men (the non-Force user ones) compared to Grievous. They can't use their 'drain' ability on him as he has no strength in The Force.

Ventress is an incredibly skilled warrior and the Nightsisters are completely different from Revan's assassins. Not to mention that Grievous is incredibly difficult to kill (either straight up or from him running away).
What? The assassins can't infiltrate a ship and do their work? That's not what you said in the Revan vs Traya Kaggath...

Seriously, the assassins (and Revan) should be able to infiltrate Greivous's ship with ease. Obi-wan and Anakin did it (and things similar to it) several times.