Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

TOR Sith characters got better characterization than Jedi?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
TOR Sith characters got better characterization than Jedi?

Alandross
01.18.2013 , 02:09 PM | #31
I think this is a shame as well.

I wish they treated the Jedi on the republic much like the republic soldiers are, especially on Ord Mantell. Where 90% of them are corrupt or look the other way.

I think that a dark and gritty version of the Jedi would show that every one looks perfect and serine on the surface, but dig a little deeper and you find layers and layers of secrets and repressed emotion that build up much more character.

mastirkal
01.18.2013 , 02:51 PM | #32
The way I see it.

Jedi is about control and the lack of emotion. That is rather boring when they follow the code to a point.

Sith is about passion and emotions. They are more interesting because they can be far more diverse in temperament.

Alandross
01.18.2013 , 04:26 PM | #33
Another point on this topic, to me:

* The sith are too chaotic and selfish. They are far too predictable, the apprentice will always betray the master, the master will always try to kill the apprentice before that point, the sith wil nearly always do the selfish and most evil thing etc...

* The jedi are too good. They are just as predictable. Too many of the jedi are portrayed as following the jedi path too effectively and hiding emotion, always saving others, etc...

Honestly I think both sides need to be a bit more gray and less predictable to be more interesting. I want to run across some Jedi that are nearly as ruthless as the Sith and I want to run across some Sith that have soft spots and find sneaky ways to show it.

Far too much far Light and far Dark... I want the grays.