Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

EC : 16M-NiM (world ranking)

Nibbon
01.18.2013 , 12:36 PM | #321
Quote: Originally Posted by lmey View Post
Actually... I thing you just wanted that hug
Jeesh I kinda do. Sucks to be ragged on when you think you are doing something good. It wouldn't bother me if I didn't actually respect Ace

Donalj
01.18.2013 , 12:46 PM | #322
Ace are the best, this is my opinion and the opinion of the majority of FriendlyFire and we all massively respect Ace for their amazing achievement. Rankings don't matter and in the end it comes down to your own opinion on who is the best. Stop the complaining about the ranking system, it was made by people who wanted to get an organised progression system for recording kill times and dates, the points are just an extra. Sure we might be ranked 1st on points but like I said before, it doesn't really matter.
Donal - Xarea - Pasta - Wotsit - Vebbeg - Potential - Greengiant
Dólan - Hurrimarobot

Donalj
01.18.2013 , 12:48 PM | #323
Quote: Originally Posted by Ansalem View Post
Some of the responses in this thread make me wish my guild could field a 16m team again. I thought the competition in this game was dead, but obviously I was wrong. It may be greatly diminished but there are obviously still some competitive guilds worth racing here. Good job on your kills guys and lets see if bioware will implement their own system to rank guilds on progression.
Make the effort, it's definitely worth it! The 16 man community in this game is the friendliest i've seen and we would love to have more people join us
Dólan - Hurrimarobot

arkitip
01.18.2013 , 02:23 PM | #324
PTS has been brought up a few times, and for clarity I think it should be noted that the fights went untested on the PTS for 16m. No guild did it. That's how a fight like pre-nerf Kephess made it into the game in the 1st place as I seriously doubt it was an intentional mechanic to essentially pause the game for CDs to come back up.

Donalj
01.18.2013 , 02:41 PM | #325
Quote: Originally Posted by arkitip View Post
PTS has been brought up a few times, and for clarity I think it should be noted that the fights went untested on the PTS for 16m. No guild did it. That's how a fight like pre-nerf Kephess made it into the game in the 1st place as I seriously doubt it was an intentional mechanic to essentially pause the game for CDs to come back up.
Yeap, no one got on the pts to test it as far as I know
Dólan - Hurrimarobot

lmey
01.18.2013 , 04:27 PM | #326
Quote: Originally Posted by arkitip View Post
Some guilds played on PTS 8m... don't know aboud the 16. But it could help.
And, maybe the mechanic wasn't intentional... but it wasn't possible without.
We did it because, with perfect normal strat, we couldn't pass kill Kephess before god mod... we put him to 8%. We made this pause for CD to come back up, in order to win this 8%.
Maybe it wasn't an intentional mechanic, we're trying to talk with developpers to know it, actually... but we did many tries, perfect tries, some tries were so much betters than our first kill, without put Kephess Under this 8% life's points... but, what's wrong. We did it and did it well. No cheats, just brains.
We analysed our fights and the fact is that was clearly impossible, to gain 8% on Kephess without these CDs. We thought... again and again. "how can we gain 8% on Kephess"...
We changed the way that Kephess was tanked... in order to not have the raid to move and gave a constant dps.
We put a healer out of our raid to had one dps class. Only 3 healers!
We chosen when the huge dps was essential (trandoshans? Bomber? Walker? Kephess?)
Then, we found. Too much DPS kills the DPS. It was smarter to stop dps in order to do more dps in the right time.

I don't know what's wrong in it. We prefered to do a smart dps than a huge insane damage just to going to waste and say "I do so much DPS". Again, nothing's wrong, no cheats, just an anlayse of the fight, a comprehension of the mechanics of the game.
And, seriously, Kephess wasn't killable without that before his nerf I think. With only 3 healers and all of our tips, we put it at 8%. This pauses for the CDs to come back up were the keys... I don't know if this mechanic was intentionally placed by developpers... but that's a fact : This strategy works, and... it seems that it was the only one that worked!
We own kephess... we beat him as much with our brains as with our stuffs. And maybe that... that was the purpose of the developers
I honestly believe that Kephess was unbeatable without that strategy. I can't see how to gain 8% dps in an other way.
-= Metos - SNIPER FOR ACE - PVE HL GUILDE on Darth Nihilus =-

Shandellon
01.18.2013 , 05:45 PM | #327
Oh my, so much whining, so much "we tried so hard", just because you are not number one in ranking, to which all other 3 guilds pay very little or no attention. I feel for you

IAmViiOLENT
01.18.2013 , 05:55 PM | #328
Far as I'm concerned, ACE is #1 in the world atm. Same follows with the 8m stuff though, sometimes the guilds that are #1 due to the linear rankings aren't really the best. It happens, ah well.

Rupert
01.18.2013 , 06:03 PM | #329
It's disheartening to see such skilled players act like children.
Peace is a lie; there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me.
Neverhett - GM of <Chosen> - Prophecy of the Five

Ansalem
01.18.2013 , 06:07 PM | #330
Quote: Originally Posted by Donalj View Post
Make the effort, it's definitely worth it! The 16 man community in this game is the friendliest i've seen and we would love to have more people join us
Yeah I did some hardcore recruiting for last few months but unfortunately it seems the quality of the players has gone way downhill and have been unable to find folks that are a good fit with the guild and who are skilled enough. Might get a couple back for the expac but we'll see. A lot of the raiders already burned out on this game though because they don't consider a new mode of an old operation as progression content. I can't exactly fault them for it because I myself get bored running the same operation since april even if it is in a different mode.