Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Anger and fear.


SithKoriandr's Avatar


SithKoriandr
01.18.2013 , 09:34 AM | #81
Quote: Originally Posted by Surinen View Post
he issued collective responsibility - also, it says bad about officers to be alive when captain is dead, they were obliged to resist and fight but they prioritized their own survival. I would say that he was merciful on them, he should torture them for failure.
And this is why everyone kills themselves on the Black Talon, when you kill the Captain.

Thrawn at least knew better. The Sith and much of the Empirial Officers, are dumb.

Surinen's Avatar


Surinen
01.18.2013 , 09:54 AM | #82
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
Golden Hearts? Not really. Most Sith would probably disagree. Troubled beings yes, but stages of trouble, Raw, Focused and Uber Focused. To be dark side is to be in constant struggle with the Force, these categories represent what stages in that struggle Sith reach. Few Sith fully overcome the Force. The problem is that sometimes you have to be prepared to let go of power, and most Sith simply aren't prepared to do that.
no stages, dont make your fanfic a canon terminology.

and to SithKorisomething, dont remember name: most probably that Driod killed them all by Moff's order
Aperture Science. We do what we must, because we can. For the good of all of us- Except the ones who are dead.

Beniboybling's Avatar


Beniboybling
01.18.2013 , 10:03 AM | #83
Quote: Originally Posted by Surinen View Post
no stages, dont make your fanfic a canon terminology.

and to SithKorisomething, dont remember name: most probably that Driod killed them all by Moff's order
Nice to see you've read it

But yes its just a theory. But I do think that there are different types of Sith, and I do believe that to be a Sith you have to be strong willed. Because your effectively doing battle with the Force.

And yes I agree, that Droid so killed them all. He mentions his skills include 'man-slaughter' *hint* *hint* that droid had a part in it. But I also agree that Sith often make rash and wasteful decisions as they often lack control of their emotions - killing enemies or in-subordinates, when they would have been more useful to them alive. Anger is useful, but only when focused and controlled.

Surinen's Avatar


Surinen
01.18.2013 , 10:17 AM | #84
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
Nice to see you've read it

But yes its just a theory. But I do think that there are different types of Sith, and I do believe that to be a Sith you have to be strong willed. Because your effectively doing battle with the Force.

And yes I agree, that Droid so killed them all. He mentions his skills include 'man-slaughter' *hint* *hint* that droid had a part in it. But I also agree that Sith often make rash and wasteful decisions as they often lack control of their emotions - killing enemies or in-subordinates, when they would have been more useful to them alive. Anger is useful, but only when focused and controlled.
<.< <.> >.>, ye

I prefer simple approach, depending on personality, some are focused because thats their personality trait, other enjoy to loose and lose themselves in emotions.

I dont know, after all, some private Bob is not much of a waste, well, some waste for sure
Aperture Science. We do what we must, because we can. For the good of all of us- Except the ones who are dead.

Beniboybling's Avatar


Beniboybling
01.18.2013 , 10:21 AM | #85
Quote: Originally Posted by Surinen View Post
<.< <.> >.>, ye

I prefer simple approach, depending on personality, some are focused because thats their personality trait, other enjoy to loose and lose themselves in emotions.

I dont know, after all, some private Bob is not much of a waste, well, some waste for sure
Your right, not all Sith can be put into boxes. But I rarely have respect for Sith who just kill and destroy, I prefer those cold and calculating ones who have a clear plan, and a way of achieving it, who don't get angry and rage, who control their emotions but still wield considerable power.

This is why I like Darth Traya, I also like Jadus, Marr, Malgus and Sidious. For similar reasons.

A little of topic, but who is your favourite Sith Lord? And what makes you respect them?

Surinen's Avatar


Surinen
01.18.2013 , 10:39 AM | #86
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
Your right, not all Sith can be put into boxes. But I rarely have respect for Sith who just kill and destroy, I prefer those cold and calculating ones who have a clear plan, and a way of achieving it, who don't get angry and rage, who control their emotions but still wield considerable power.

This is why I like Darth Traya, I also like Jadus, Marr, Malgus and Sidious. For similar reasons.

A little of topic, but who is your favourite Sith Lord? And what makes you respect them?
I like cold and calculating too, but without a purpose, just nihilistic ones.

that is a tough questions, as I exclusively keep my respect for myself, but, I think that there might be a Sith
Lord/Lords that I may like for few details they performed

Nihilus- for primal focus on hunger
Scourge - for sophistication and rich vocabulary, the way he speaks, calm and noble
Malgus - for executing his biggest lekku weakness ( althou he fell to depression afterwards, so no that great after all )
Vitiate - for his carelessness, he is not bothered by almost anything ( althou, I dont like his rise to power, gaining it throu rituals - I prefer force users who are naturally born with a enormous force power like Sith Warrior )
Chratis - for his approach to teachings
Ruin - for his teachings
Qui-Gon Jinn - hes not a Sith but Neeson portrayed him so I like him :F

there might be few more, but I mainly focus just on a certain traits
Aperture Science. We do what we must, because we can. For the good of all of us- Except the ones who are dead.

Stinghen's Avatar


Stinghen
09.20.2013 , 07:10 PM | #87
That's the thing about the Sith. I don't think they're just all about 'unleash your emotions' like that. They use emotions as a primer for fueling their power. But anyone who is controlled by any emotion has a serious disadvantage. This is true of pride, anger, fear, hatred, love. Take Vader, the mad dog of the Emperor. Anakin's fear of loss was so overwhelming that he just had to drag his rear and save Sidious from Windu's wrath. But for Sidious' control of him to be rock solid, the Sith Lord needed Vader to lose all connections to the world at large, or else Vader would ever be in danger of redemption. Proof of this is Luke's ability to redeem him, twenty-two years after turning to the Dark Side.

So, the Sith preach not fearing any and all emotion, fear and anger included. In fact, a Sith should embrace them. But a true Sith Master would not give away the tricks of the trade, would he? A Sith given to too much passion was as likely to wind up dead as not. Like Darth Maul. A Sith who knows to channel his passion can come on top. Like Dooku, who flew about the galaxy aggravating the Jedi Order unstopped for three long years. Or like Sidious, who waited some forty years until he could have his revenge against the Jedi Order. But no Sith Lord, succesful or not, shielded themselves from their fear. The fear was always there, always lurking - Sidious feared any being who could grow more powerful than himself (such as Luke). But it wasn't crippling fear, that clouds the judgement. It prompted the SIth to take appropriate measures to prevent the dreaded situation from presenting itself (such as purging not only the Jedi Order, but Force-users in general).

MCaliban's Avatar


MCaliban
09.27.2013 , 02:55 AM | #88
Quote: Originally Posted by Path-x View Post
I disagree with you guys. In game that may be true but in real life it just doesn't work that way.
In real life, I can't cause electricity to spring from my fingertips and fry the person who dared to cut in front of me in line.

If your argument is that Star Wars doesn't depict reality, I'd say it's a true but meaningless observation.
Better to be the tail of a dragon than the head of a lizard.

Kaedusz's Avatar


Kaedusz
09.30.2013 , 01:19 AM | #89
Quote: Originally Posted by Path-x View Post
I disagree with you guys. In game that may be true but in real life it just doesn't work that way. If one is performing some task (physical or mental) and something upset him and makes him angry he will lose focus and things will only get worse (I am sure everyone can confirm that from experience).
You are confusing anger with something else.Maybe raging out due to helplessness or something like that.Like breaking your keyboard because you died in a warzone.
When i am training being in a meditative state will not help me with the last few push ups.Getting angry and motivated will.
Also sith rely on their passion for their strength .Anger,hate,etc is just an ingredient needed to cast dark side spells and to use the dark side in general.
Most importantly what works in real life doesn't apply,the Dark Side of the Force in this sci-fi/fantasy universe works in specific ways,which doesn't have to mimic real life.Anger doesn't unbalance an experienced and successful sith.

Beniboybling's Avatar


Beniboybling
09.30.2013 , 04:03 AM | #90
Quote: Originally Posted by Kaedusz View Post
You are confusing anger with something else.Maybe raging out due to helplessness or something like that.Like breaking your keyboard because you died in a warzone.
When i am training being in a meditative state will not help me with the last few push ups.Getting angry and motivated will.
Also sith rely on their passion for their strength .Anger,hate,etc is just an ingredient needed to cast dark side spells and to use the dark side in general.
Most importantly what works in real life doesn't apply,the Dark Side of the Force in this sci-fi/fantasy universe works in specific ways,which doesn't have to mimic real life.Anger doesn't unbalance an experienced and successful sith.
Lol, let me guess you listen to this while training?

Or perhaps you prefer to recite the Sith Code?

But no I agree, there is a difference between anger and frustration. Frustration does exactly what the quoted poster says, it breaks concentration and focus. But anger can do the opposite, and remember in the Star Wars universe anger is a far more tangible thing that can be funneled and directed - essentially it can be controlled.