Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Rise of the Hutt Cartel: the Smuggler and the Sith?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Rise of the Hutt Cartel: the Smuggler and the Sith?

Surinen's Avatar


Surinen
01.18.2013 , 08:17 AM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
Only the OP has the 'authority' to dictate what can and can't be said in this thread. You are not the OP. SGRs are perfectly valid, seeing as BioWare announced that SGRs would be introduced in Makeb, in the form of certain NPCs, and these are NPCs. So its perfectly plausible to assume that these NPCs and the SGR NPCs.

And remember, your the one bringining up the debate about whether SGRs are right are not. So please refrain from doing so or take your complaints to the SGR page. This is a conservation about who these characters are, the SGR debate has no place here. Thankyou.

But back on topic, I'm not really sure. No offence but I don't think SGRs are going to be the focal advertising point of the new update, given the controversy surrounding it. These characters are probably some sort of quest-givers or characters central to the story line for Republic and Empire sides. Smuggler being Republic, and Sith being Empire. But maybe they just happen to have a SGR option. After all main characters/quest givers are normally the ones you can have SGRs with.
no, author has no power over this topic, rules and moderators have. question asked about these characters by author strongly suggests that this is not another romance "if" topic.my comments never ever were about whenether sgr is right or wrong.
Aperture Science. We do what we must, because we can. For the good of all of us- Except the ones who are dead.

Beniboybling's Avatar


Beniboybling
01.18.2013 , 08:33 AM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by Surinen View Post
no, author has no power over this topic, rules and moderators have. question asked about these characters by author strongly suggests that this is not another romance "if" topic.my comments never ever were about whenether sgr is right or wrong.
Well I'm afraid it is partly about whether these characters will have SGR options available or not. Seeing as that is a major feature of the expansion, which these NPCs will feature in. May I add that BioWare announced the SGRs would be avaliable for certain NPCs - these characters qualify as being 'certain NPCs' do they not?

And I'm afraid you kind of were:

Quote:
I can only hope they will not, no poster character of SW:ToR deserves such cruel fate; definately not a Sith Pureblood ( whos probably genetically made to be purely healthy and breed beings that gonna breed further crimson warriors ). Let heroes be heroes ( and sgr stay in the sgr topic )
You seem to be strongly implying here that SGRs are wrong, and should not be in the game. This comment is not relevant to the topic whatsoever. Ganondorq just speculated whether it would be an option or not, she never brought up whether they were right or wrong. That would kind of be impossible since she had nobody to argue with... Ironically it is this comment, not hers, that belongs on the SGR page. I advise you don't put it there though, they would probably perceive it as trolling.

But anyway, as long as we don't discuss whether SGRs are right or wrong or not, I really don't see the problem. Her comment wasn't doing anyone any harm, or detracting from the topic.

Surinen's Avatar


Surinen
01.18.2013 , 09:00 AM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
Well I'm afraid it is partly about whether these characters will have SGR options available or not. Seeing as that is a major feature of the expansion, which these NPCs will feature in. May I add that BioWare announced the SGRs would be avaliable for certain NPCs - these characters qualify as being 'certain NPCs' do they not?

And I'm afraid you kind of were:

You seem to be strongly implying here that SGRs are wrong, and should not be in the game. This comment is not relevant to the topic whatsoever. Ganondorq just speculated whether it would be an option or not, she never brought up whether they were right or wrong. That would kind of be impossible since she had nobody to argue with... Ironically it is this comment, not hers, that belongs on the SGR page. I advise you don't put it there though, they would probably perceive it as trolling.

But anyway, as long as we don't discuss whether SGRs are right or wrong or not, I really don't see the problem. Her comment wasn't doing anyone any harm, or detracting from the topic.
definately it is not a major thing for the most of community, I bet that they dont even know about it or forget already; it is only major for those in that sgr topic. I dont know if they qualify as certain, they are on the box picture so I supposed they are on the same level as Malgus and Satele and those probably will only play a major story factor and sgr are probably their team members. of course they may be sgr, but as I said author, who mentioned loregeeks definately didnt mean this kind of stuff.

no, I'm not implying that this is wrong, if anything then I would take pity on those characters, Sith Pureblood afflicted with such disorder would be rather a sad view for me. Did you read previous comments? She/He said that this may be sgr, then someone said something about being all over ekhem Pureblood and then she again mentioned sgr out of nowhere and started smuggler cute talk ( definately with intention of getting reactions, inviting those from sgr topic to comment ont hat ).

and, no, I dont plan to write there, it is completely pointless
Aperture Science. We do what we must, because we can. For the good of all of us- Except the ones who are dead.

Beniboybling's Avatar


Beniboybling
01.18.2013 , 09:05 AM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by Surinen View Post
definately it is not a major thing for the most of community, I bet that they dont even know about it or forget already; it is only major for those in that sgr topic. I dont know if they qualify as certain, they are on the box picture so I supposed they are on the same level as Malgus and Satele and those probably will only play a major story factor and sgr are probably their team members. of course they may be sgr, but as I said author, who mentioned loregeeks definately didnt mean this kind of stuff.

no, I'm not implying that this is wrong, if anything then I would take pity on those characters, Sith Pureblood afflicted with such disorder would be rather a sad view for me. Did you read previous comments? She/He said that this may be sgr, then someone said something about being all over ekhem Pureblood and then she again mentioned sgr out of nowhere and started smuggler cute talk ( definately with intention of getting reactions, inviting those from sgr topic to comment ont hat ).

and, no, I dont plan to write there, it is completely pointless
No no and no. It doesn't really matter. The fact is the topic is relevant, and talking about it isn't harming anyone. Who cares if she was trying to provoke a response, the conversation only went off topic when you turned up.

Surinen's Avatar


Surinen
01.18.2013 , 09:11 AM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
No no and no. It doesn't really matter. The fact is the topic is relevant, and talking about it isn't harming anyone. Who cares if she was trying to provoke a response, the conversation only went off topic when you turned up.
of course that it is not harming anyone, but what I observe on many topics is that followrs of the SGR topics show up, everywhere and start those discussions and refocus discussion on this subject, it looks like looking acceptance and gathering more followers. It wouldnt go off topic if she would hesitate with calling names, I dislike "phobias" of any kind. I was obliged to respond and oppose such way of calling me.

but on topic, I would like to see this Sith Pureblood as a member of Dark Council
Aperture Science. We do what we must, because we can. For the good of all of us- Except the ones who are dead.

Artanisia's Avatar


Artanisia
01.19.2013 , 06:53 AM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by Surinen View Post
d
no, I'm not implying that this is wrong, if anything then I would take pity on those characters, Sith Pureblood afflicted with such disorder would be rather a sad view for me.
Grats, you just outed yourself. Homosexuality is NOT a disorder.

And now for something completely different...

For some reason I really like that image. Coupled with the mystery of what new story-twists the new expansion will bring it is pretty inspirational for an old veteran fanficcer like me. I think I came up with two or three ideas for stories just by looking at that picture. Yeah, I know... fanfic... booo hssss!

Surinen's Avatar


Surinen
01.19.2013 , 07:59 AM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by Artanisia View Post
Grats, you just outed yourself. Homosexuality is NOT a disorder.

And now for something completely different...

For some reason I really like that image. Coupled with the mystery of what new story-twists the new expansion will bring it is pretty inspirational for an old veteran fanficcer like me. I think I came up with two or three ideas for stories just by looking at that picture. Yeah, I know... fanfic... booo hssss!
did I mention what kind of disorder I mean? maybe his Poppa Sith and Momma Sith would be furious at him causing a disorder in his life, especially when traits of Sith species are less and less visible - Momma and Poppa dream about little full tendril babies,; but to answer your "NOT": and by a certain regulations, due taxation etc. snails are considered fish- to manipulate a public opinion is easy as cake: wheres profit theres change
Aperture Science. We do what we must, because we can. For the good of all of us- Except the ones who are dead.

Beniboybling's Avatar


Beniboybling
01.19.2013 , 08:00 AM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by Artanisia View Post
Grats, you just outed yourself. Homosexuality is NOT a disorder.

And now for something completely different...

For some reason I really like that image. Coupled with the mystery of what new story-twists the new expansion will bring it is pretty inspirational for an old veteran fanficcer like me. I think I came up with two or three ideas for stories just by looking at that picture. Yeah, I know... fanfic... booo hssss!
Lol, very true. That guy is kinda crazy though, so don't pay him too much attention.

And yes they do look very cool. I especially like the Sith Pureblood, he's got a real epic look about him that not even Serevin can match. Speaking of Serevin, they look quite similar don't they? A son perhaps? Oh and for the record, fanfics rule!

Artanisia's Avatar


Artanisia
01.19.2013 , 08:14 AM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
Lol, very true. That guy is kinda crazy though, so don't pay him too much attention.

And yes they do look very cool. I especially like the Sith Pureblood, he's got a real epic look about him that not even Serevin can match. Speaking of Serevin, they look quite similar don't they? A son perhaps? Oh and for the record, fanfics rule!
Ooooh, Serevin! I once spent almost a whole evening to create a lookalike character. Wasn't very succesful, though.

Surinen's Avatar


Surinen
01.19.2013 , 08:24 AM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
Lol, very true. That guy is kinda crazy though, so don't pay him too much attention.

And yes they do look very cool. I especially like the Sith Pureblood, he's got a real epic look about him that not even Serevin can match. Speaking of Serevin, they look quite similar don't they? A son perhaps? Oh and for the record, fanfics rule!
if by crazy you mean infinitely intelligent and wise with a morality of ubermensch then I'm more than obliged to agree, althou calling people crazy and suggesting to ignore them is rather a derogatory form, tsk tsk, my friend, tsk tsk but I'm no offended so no need to trouble your conscious ( never knew how to spell it )

nothing special about his looks, it is obtainable thro character creation, in fact my Sith Warrior is very much similar, just with a bigger body - this one on cover seems to bend to back too much, his poor spine.
Aperture Science. We do what we must, because we can. For the good of all of us- Except the ones who are dead.