Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content > Fan Fiction
The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Isoviel
01.17.2013 , 11:59 AM | #2561
That was great Bright! I love anything with Vierce in it and I loved hearing Kirsk's point of view.

Tatile
01.17.2013 , 01:02 PM | #2562
Bright, you should really write more Kirsk, he's awesome. It would a terrible, dramatic, meddling soap opera, but Kirsk should crash on the good-ship "Let's Kill All Imps ('cept this one)" more often.

bright_ephemera
01.17.2013 , 02:34 PM | #2563
Quote: Originally Posted by Tatile View Post
Kirsk should crash on the good-ship "Let's Kill All Imps ('cept this one)" more often.
Just so you know, that is now the name of Vierce's ship in my headcanon.

If Kirsk were around...I can only imagine how he would react if he were talking to Vierce when news of the war broke. Suddenly turning to the holo: "GUYS. I've spent FIVE YEARS trying to convince this idiot the war's over and you just decided YOU NEEDED ANOTHER ROUND? He's going to be insufferable now that he's right..."
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 70+ authors to date. 2000+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!
Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.

iamthehoyden
01.17.2013 , 02:59 PM | #2564
Isoviel - I liked the interior commentary during the Corso conversations. The squees at the end were especially cute

Bright - Yay Vierce and Kirsk!!
Quote:
He made a decent attempt at setting me on fire with his glare.
This was especially funny And I agree, Kirsk is such a nice foil to Vierce. Ack I loves them!
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box

bright_ephemera
01.17.2013 , 08:20 PM | #2565
Isoviel - d'awww, Corso squee. That's adorable.

Just for fun I'm going to file this nonsense under Loyalty and Betrayal. Vierce after his Act I break, no spoilers. 600 words.

Spoiler

Spoiler
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 70+ authors to date. 2000+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!

Striges
01.17.2013 , 08:27 PM | #2566
@ Isoviel: agreed, hearing Ennaly's thoughts was fun. Especially "Ouch, that stung" on the heels of Corso's "I don't want to be friends."

@ Bright: This was fun, reading little brother's take on the whole thing. The difference between them couldn't be more stark. Kirsk having no real trouble accepting Elara, while Vierce can't forget she's former Imperial. Again, they read like real brothers.

iamthehoyden
01.17.2013 , 08:30 PM | #2567
Quote:
"You also appear downright despondent at times, sir!" announced M1-4X from the other room.

"Forex!" I yelped. "You stay out of this!"
bwahahahaha!
And yay for harassing your CO! (In a we're-all-in-the-trenches-together kind of way, of course )
Edited to add: I've re-read this three times now and each time I giggle through the entire thing. <3
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box

Striges
01.17.2013 , 09:20 PM | #2568
Quote: Originally Posted by bright_ephemera View Post
Elara seems to have failed her discretion check because she showed up feeling relaxed and agreeable when Jorgan got started.
I liked the whole exchange. Elara had one of those moments: that hilarious-but-rude thought didn't stay safely in your head, you said it out loud. The brain-editor, the guy who's supposed to intercept those things before they get to the mouth? On break.

Tatile
01.18.2013 , 05:45 AM | #2569
Quote: Originally Posted by Striges View Post
I liked the whole exchange. Elara had one of those moments: that hilarious-but-rude thought didn't stay safely in your head, you said it out loud. The brain-editor, the guy who's supposed to intercept those things before they get to the mouth? On break.
Mr. Editor redesigned his schedule without alerting Ms. Dorne, resulting in quite the problematic schedule conflict.

Bright, that was adorable and Forex was adorable and now I want a Trooper as well >.<

bright_ephemera
01.18.2013 , 08:00 AM | #2570
Vierce is going to be grumbling annoyedly in the back of my mind all day.

Now, where were we?
Week of 1/18/2013
A little change of pace: The Story So Far! We're nearing 2600 posts and 750 stories; let's step back for a moment to consider our universes. Write a summary for your characters, storyline, or entire universe as you would introduce them to a beginner.
Night of the Living Prompt: Keep on using any prompt you like! Check out the list at http://www.swtor.com/community/showp...postcount=1675.

(Edit: For help in linking relevant stories in your summary, here is part one and part two of kabeone's excellent chronological story index for characters, and here is the character index that links the prompts and companions/guest stars for each character's appearances.)
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!