Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

sabbey
01.18.2013 , 01:16 AM | #2171
Quote: Originally Posted by Amlici View Post
The game is only still fairly new. Keeping the servers here in the region is an investment. If they close all the asia-pacific servers down then most of the community would quit for sure. Unless they are actually losing alot of money because of servers here then i don't even see closing them down and merging us with the US or EU as an option.
Agreed! I just want to see not only the region succeed but the game itself... I have characters on The Harbinger as well being local for me, but enjoy the community here too much to leave even if given the option to do so. Hopefully, we will see progress sooner than later though.

Deviouzzz
01.18.2013 , 01:20 AM | #2172
I would like to see the PVP and PVE servers merged at a minimum - ultimately the RP server too for the populations to hit a dynamic level.

There should be NO xfers offered to US from APAC for some time after a merge, this will hurt the pop, and some of the loudest QQers are really just after a free ride to bastion etc, they don't fully represent the APAC community that wants a server based locally for lower ping times
Deviouz
Nightmare Council - Master Dar'Nala
"Scientists are saying the future is going to be far more futuristic than they originally predicted."

Ignicity
01.18.2013 , 01:20 AM | #2173
Quote: Originally Posted by Tom_the_Narwhal View Post
No. That's not opinion. People that have re-rolled to the US servers have mostly said that they want to move their MDN characters to their new home server.
Actually, it is an opinion. He seems to be predicting the future. My opinion is that his opinion is wrong.

*EDIT* Also, I guess I was one of the targets of the poster above me.
Quote: Originally Posted by Deviouzzz View Post
and some of the loudest QQers are really just after a free ride to bastion etc, they don't fully represent the APAC community that wants a server based locally for lower ping times
I am part of the APAC community, 'cause I've been fighting for this as well as many other things for the APAC community since before the game launched.

I want the APAC community to keep at least one local server.

If they merge all three servers into Dalborra, I want free server transfers for any RP/PvP characters to a US server of their choice if they want to take advantage of it.

These loud QQers are part of the reason this issue may eventually be rectified.

You're welcome.

Jumpchan
01.18.2013 , 01:27 AM | #2174
Quote: Originally Posted by Ignicity View Post
Actually, it is an opinion. He seems to be predicting the future. My opinion is that his opinion is wrong.
his opinion is not wrong he is simply exaggerating. it will take time for his opinion to come true but it will without any doubt eventually be true. for you to deny this means you either cant understand the meaning or you are unable to interprete the intention behind it. ie the more players that bleed away the faster the server will die

or on some weird world you live in believe that more new players will start playing this game when there was little to absolutely NO advertisment over the year to anyone but gamesite viewers

tldr: if you allow a dedicated portion of the population to leave this server will fail alot faster then it should
Jump
/avoid

Ignicity
01.18.2013 , 01:34 AM | #2175
Quote: Originally Posted by Jumpchan View Post
his opinion is not wrong he is simply exaggerating. it will take time for his opinion to come true but it will without any doubt eventually be true. for you to deny this means you either cant understand the meaning or you are unable to interprete the intention behind it. ie the more players that bleed away the faster the server will die

or on some weird world you live in believe that more new players will start playing this game when there was little to absolutely NO advertisment over the year to anyone but gamesite viewers

tldr: if you allow a dedicated portion of the population to leave this server will fail alot faster then it should
Let me put it this way: Merge or not, server transfers off APAC to my new home or not. I will not be coming back to play on a new Super PvE Oceanic server.

Also, by saying that you agree with his prediction, means you are logically against the future implementation of paid server transfers....
*sigh*

xChippx
01.18.2013 , 01:47 AM | #2176
I am one of those people that have re-rolled on US server and now desire x-fers for my toons. I didnt re-roll because I want to, rather because the state of the population on master darn'ala, and Bioware's inability to fix or even propose a solution to this problem. I am not interested in opinion or speculation, only official correspondence. I never wanted to play on a US server, Bioware's inaction on this issue drove me to it, and i have absolutely no desire to play on a PVE server. None at all. Now that i am on a US server I think I deserve to have access to all my 50's, creds, legacy n all the rest of the stuff I spend countless hours accrewing. Please respond Bioware.

Thornsbane
01.18.2013 , 02:09 AM | #2177
Simply put, if we are merging the APAC servers to increase population allowing transfers off them would seem to be going against the entire point of this move.

It seems to me that there are only 1 or 2 people here posting over and over again simply looking for a way to get to a north american server where they play now. I dont know but I'm not sure if that is Biowares, APAC's, or this threads problem, no matter how victimised they are pretending to feel by Bioware's slow response to this thread. BW had bigger fish to fry at the time such as going f2p. Here we are talking about increasing APAC'S population, not decreasing it. I want everyone to be happy so I believe a thread trying to speed up paid transfers would be the correct thread for those who want to leave Oceanic for northern american servers.

In any case, my vote goes for merging all 3 into one. Unleash Big Gav!

Ignicity
01.18.2013 , 02:23 AM | #2178
Quote: Originally Posted by Thornsbane View Post
It seems to me that there are only 1 or 2 people here posting over and over again simply looking for a way to get to a north american server where they play now. I dont know but I'm not sure if that is Biowares, APAC's, or this threads problem, no matter how victimised they are pretending to feel by Bioware's slow response to this thread.
Only 1 or 2?

Pretending to feel victimized?

Let me guess this straight..
1. I rolled on Swiftsure, 'cause at launch there were no oceanic servers.
2. I left my guild on Swiftsure and moved to Master Dar'Narla when it launched because of the ping
3. I left my guild on Master Dar'Narla and moved to a US PvP server because of the total lack of players on the APAC pvp server, and the total lack of information from EAware.
4. You now expect me to leave my guild where I am now and move back to a PvE Oceanic server, 'cause you don't think I deserve free character transfers after all this?

go **** ______!

Obirayy
01.18.2013 , 02:48 AM | #2179
Quote: Originally Posted by Thornsbane View Post
Simply put, if we are merging the APAC servers to increase population allowing transfers off them would seem to be going against the entire point of this move.

It seems to me that there are only 1 or 2 people here posting over and over again simply looking for a way to get to a north american server where they play now. I dont know but I'm not sure if that is Biowares, APAC's, or this threads problem, no matter how victimised they are pretending to feel by Bioware's slow response to this thread. BW had bigger fish to fry at the time such as going f2p. Here we are talking about increasing APAC'S population, not decreasing it. I want everyone to be happy so I believe a thread trying to speed up paid transfers would be the correct thread for those who want to leave Oceanic for northern american servers.

In any case, my vote goes for merging all 3 into one. Unleash Big Gav!
Agreed! We are trying to improve the APAC population, if you don't have any suggestions that will add to this then don't speak.

Quote: Originally Posted by Ignicity View Post
Only 1 or 2?

Pretending to feel victimized?

Let me guess this straight..
1. I rolled on Swiftsure, 'cause at launch there were no oceanic servers.
2. I left my guild on Swiftsure and moved to Master Dar'Narla when it launched because of the ping
3. I left my guild on Master Dar'Narla and moved to a US PvP server because of the total lack of players on the APAC pvp server, and the total lack of information from EAware.
4. You now expect me to leave my guild where I am now and move back to a PvE Oceanic server, 'cause you don't think I deserve free character transfers after all this?

go **** ______!
Are you still here?

Ignicity
01.18.2013 , 02:56 AM | #2180
Quote: Originally Posted by Obirayy View Post
Agreed! We are trying to improve the APAC population, if you don't have any suggestions that will add to this then don't speak.

Are you still here?
Yes, what do you want?

Also, good luck trying to shut me up on this subject.