Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Amlici
01.17.2013 , 10:12 PM | #2161
The game is only still fairly new. Keeping the servers here in the region is an investment. If they close all the asia-pacific servers down then most of the community would quit for sure. Unless they are actually losing alot of money because of servers here then i don't even see closing them down and merging us with the US or EU as an option.
Amlici 50 Operative Onti 50 Scoundrel
Dalborra APAC

Paelo
01.17.2013 , 11:52 PM | #2162
Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post
Hi everyone,

I know it’s been a while since we’ve updated this thread, and I wanted to let you know that we haven’t forgotten about our Oceanic players. Now that we’re at a more stable point in time (post Free-to-Play transition and post holidays), we wanted to re-examine this issue. We’re going to be completely honest with you: there doesn’t seem to be an easy solution for anyone. We’ve seen many ideas from you folks such as merging all three servers into one, allowing for transfers to North America servers, and even not doing anything at all, but none of them seem to be an ideal solution for all. This is why we are now opening up this dialogue with you.

In this thread, please let us know what you think the best solution will be for your servers. I know there have been many suggestions already, but I would like to collect the most current ideas for us to consider. After that, our team will review and discuss what is feasible and what makes the most sense to do. Please remember to follow all forum rules and be respectful of each other’s ideas, even if you disagree with it.

Thank you all, and we look forward to your ideas.
Create an Oceanic super server and merge us together. At the same time offer a transfer option, so those who may not want to go into the Oceanic super server can instead move to a US server.
I'm not racist, I hate everyone equally

Twizitd
01.18.2013 , 12:17 AM | #2163
I play on the PVP (Master Dal'Nala server) and the most plausable option in my opinion is to merge both the PVP and PVE servers into one PVE server. PVPers can still que for warzones and flag themselves for open world PVP if they desire. The RP server should be given the chance to stay by itself (as it seems people like the experience).I think there should be free transfers to this new superserver, as I know plenty have moved to US servers but would love to play in the APAC timezone within the APAC latency.

I am THRILLED that BW is taking action - I know there will be plenty of people who come back to the game knowing they can get the MMO experience with 30ms latency!!

Penang
01.18.2013 , 12:24 AM | #2164
Agreed. A merger with an option for a transfer to the US servers would be the ideal solution
Rhalkirr - Dalborra - Vanguard
Ar'kael - Dalborra - Scoundrel Healer
A Little Bit Gimp

orpheus
01.18.2013 , 12:27 AM | #2165
Quote: Originally Posted by Paelo View Post
Create an Oceanic super server and merge us together. At the same time offer a transfer option, so those who may not want to go into the Oceanic super server can instead move to a US server.
seems like this is the winning option (and a good one too) so far

Ignicity
01.18.2013 , 12:38 AM | #2166
Quote: Originally Posted by orpheus View Post
Don't jinx it!!!

Esno
01.18.2013 , 12:38 AM | #2167
Quote: Originally Posted by orpheus View Post
This along with the possibility for anyone with their accounts registered in APAC region to transfer their toons from US/EU servers to APAC consolidated server (for those that either missed the initial transfer or re-rolled due to dead APAC server) for any characters created prior to a set date.
Beware my BOOM stick Dalborra - (Vindication)
Esno - (Heals)Commando, Rygel - Jedi Knight, Dar'go - Jedi Consular,
Short'round - Smuggler // Nemesiss - Sith Warrior, Esnoimi - Bounty Hunter, Gkarr - Sith Inquisitor, Londo - Imperial Agent

ZIMMOZMAN
01.18.2013 , 01:09 AM | #2168
A server merge will never work if people are allowed to go to the US servers, most people will just leave and we would end up with a dead server AGAIN.
I FEEL A DISTURBANCE IN THE FORCE

Ignicity
01.18.2013 , 01:09 AM | #2169
Quote: Originally Posted by ZIMMOZMAN View Post
A server merge will never work if people are allowed to go to the US, most people will just leave and we would end up with a dead server AGAIN.
...in your opinion.

Tom_the_Narwhal
01.18.2013 , 01:14 AM | #2170
Quote: Originally Posted by Ignicity View Post
...in your opinion.
No. That's not opinion. People that have re-rolled to the US servers have mostly said that they want to move their MDN characters to their new home server.
Tomthenarwhal
Ihaveabiggun Issues Cicolluis Tomthenarwhal
Fioria Fanta-Pants
Gm of <Legit>