Official launch in Australia/New Zealand

StephenReid

We can confirm that Star Wars: The Old Republic will be launching in Australia and New Zealand in the spring of 2012.

Right now we are targeting March 1st, but that could change as our number one priority is making sure that customers have a great service to play on.

For those of you who may have already imported the game, we will be investigating solutions to allow you to continue to play on a local server once they come online in March.

EDIT: As pointed out, southern hemisphere seasons are reversed! When we say 'Spring' you can substitute 'Q1/Q2 2012'. Apologies for that.

Edited by StephenReid

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A little late 90% of Australians have imported the game and are playing now. My main is 25 now

I have to agree, as well they have some of the west coast servers as their own and would be hard up to play on a diff server unless you offer free transfers for characters/guilds.

It'd be great to be able to play on an official Oceanic server - hope there will be some free transfers made available. I'm stuck in the Harbinger at the moment but don't want to move away from the Oceanic crowd as I'd be the loneliest New Zealander ever on a server populated entirely by North Americans.

Also, most of us Aussies are more then happy playing on US servers, we have to for most games so kind of used to it.

Besides by March, 2012 I dont think I'll want to be moved from my current server, already making out of guild contacts for flashpoints and pvp.

Collectors Edition for Australians?

Edit:

For those of you who may have already imported the game, we will be investigating solutions to allow you to continue to play on a local server once they come online in March.

Designated oceanic servers? I doubt they'll be in Oceania but is that to come... Right?

Edited by Chasted

I have to agree, as well they have some of the west coast servers as their own and would be hard up to play on a diff server unless you offer free transfers for characters/guilds.

Well, if you read his post it does state they are looking at ways to let players continue playing on local servers.

I see one down side...as a player on a West Coast Server, right now we have queues, but by spring I would like to think it will have smoothed out. But with a major Aussie presence on my server I sure hope we don't lose half of community and make our server a ghosttown, especially with free transfers.

Looking at how many Light pop servers there are atm, I really don't see why we had to wait in the first place.

Oh and by the way bioware, if you'd done what we'd asked and designated some oceanic servers from the start, Harbinger and Swiftsure wouldn't be so overfull.

Good to hear, was wondering if those of us that imported the game would be allowed to transfer to 'oceanic' servers once they come online and it seems we will be able to.

Being in the 'red zone' has not been a bad experience so far, got early access from the first day and even got my game delivered on launchday, I gotta admit that's pretty good for someone who lives in a country where the game's not even released