Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Official launch in Australia/New Zealand

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Official launch in Australia/New Zealand

StephenReid
12.20.2011 , 04:13 PM | #1
We can confirm that Star Wars: The Old Republic will be launching in Australia and New Zealand in the spring of 2012.

Right now we are targeting March 1st, but that could change as our number one priority is making sure that customers have a great service to play on.

For those of you who may have already imported the game, we will be investigating solutions to allow you to continue to play on a local server once they come online in March.

EDIT: As pointed out, southern hemisphere seasons are reversed! When we say 'Spring' you can substitute 'Q1/Q2 2012'. Apologies for that.

Jarij
12.20.2011 , 04:17 PM | #2
hurray for Aussis and Kiwis
CO-GM and Founder of Redrum Inc.

Dark_Stormy
12.20.2011 , 04:18 PM | #3
A little late 90% of Australians have imported the game and are playing now. My main is 25 now

muhnlaven
12.20.2011 , 04:20 PM | #4
Northern or southern hemisphere spring?
The Red Zone a home for those not so green!
I used to be a part of the community, now I'm just an Australian.

Fizbanic
12.20.2011 , 04:20 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Dark_Stormy View Post
A little late 90% of Australians have imported the game and are playing now. My main is 25 now
I have to agree, as well they have some of the west coast servers as their own and would be hard up to play on a diff server unless you offer free transfers for characters/guilds.
ThyBountyHunter Mercenary Bounty Hunter
Conclave Atrum Empire Guild | Conclave Lumen Republic Guild

Reluctance
12.20.2011 , 04:20 PM | #6
It'd be great to be able to play on an official Oceanic server - hope there will be some free transfers made available. I'm stuck in the Harbinger at the moment but don't want to move away from the Oceanic crowd as I'd be the loneliest New Zealander ever on a server populated entirely by North Americans.

Sauzer
12.20.2011 , 04:21 PM | #7
hm.. how many Aussies will NOT be playing untill then?

but some points have to go for announcing it so fast at least.

E_X_O
12.20.2011 , 04:21 PM | #8
Seems they are thinking on giving you some free transfers... imported or not doesnt matter, you can play on which server you want, whereever it is located regardless where you have bought your game

clockworkstars
12.20.2011 , 04:21 PM | #9
It might be best to rephrase spring of 2012 to Q1 or Q2 2012, as March will not be spring in Australia or New Zealand.

Great news for the Aussies!

Tuckertron
12.20.2011 , 04:22 PM | #10
Also, most of us Aussies are more then happy playing on US servers, we have to for most games so kind of used to it.

Besides by March, 2012 I dont think I'll want to be moved from my current server, already making out of guild contacts for flashpoints and pvp.