Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Is Min/maxed WH/EWH enough for TFB HM.

shadowflit
01.17.2013 , 03:26 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Aerilas View Post
lovely how you keep saying carried and reliant on. and partner.
lol.

The stats arent THAT awful, its not that far behind from campaign really.
I still throw out crits of 7.4k when lucky
If that wasn't the case, it wouldn't be possible.

My post was all from personal experience healing Asation HM with an excellent WH geared scoundrel.
Fleur
Night's Radiance
Ajunta Pall Refugee

Powerrmongerr
01.17.2013 , 03:35 PM | #12
The entire point of this post was to bring attention to the fact that you were able to heal end-game content wearing pvp gear, with little experience in operations. Your reaction to suggestions that you were "carried" pretty much reveal your true motivations.

Congratulations. It is impressive.

NotRonin
01.17.2013 , 03:37 PM | #13
I see the issue is the lack of HP, more than anything else. You want around 20k hp so you don't get one-shot by a Disinfect from Operator IX, or the slam from TFB at the tandrum phase.

As your raid group gains experience, they will take less damage. Basically you need about 1600 hps throughputt. You should be fine if your partner is a sorc, otherwise you may have issues when you need raid-wide healing. (e.g. after lightning storm in Dread Guard). It's still doable with 2 merc/operatives, however it is SO MUCH EASIER with at least one sorc.

Xiij
01.17.2013 , 03:40 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Aerilas View Post
lovely how you keep saying carried and reliant on. and partner.
lol.

The stats arent THAT awful, its not that far behind from campaign really.
I still throw out crits of 7.4k when lucky
You did ask for raiders opinions on the matter...

I'd have to agree though, the stats you lose on the armoring piece is a large amount (not to mention the endurance lost as well). That being said, I'm a strong believer of skill is more important than gear, but there has to be a line somewhere. As someone mentioned earlier, it would be possible to carry an optimized WH/EWH geared char through most of the content (assuming they aren't a tank).

I tanked TFB SM in full recruit gear...
Was it as easy as it should have been? No.
Would a pug group have taken me? No, it was my guild so I got a pass on my gear.
Would I do it again with that much of a gear discrepancy? Probably not, it was too stressful for a "just for fun" run.
Is it possible? Yes.

The point being that yes, you could do it in the gear you have assuming you're as good of a healer as you say you are. Odds are though pugs won't want you in PVP gear, you know, kind of like PVP players don't want PVE geared players in WZs.

Just my two cents.

Grats on the down.
Quote: Originally Posted by Xiij View Post
[W]e really shouldn't feed trolls. They are like stray cats. Once you feed them once they come back. When you continue to feed them, they grow in numbers.

mikebevo
01.17.2013 , 03:57 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by shadowflit View Post
Operator IX has very low healing requirements for almost all of the fight, so that should be simple as well once you get the mechanics down.
In either of our raid groups, we have the tanks and healers for the most part take out the adds with the dps stuck in the middle. Donít have to worry about enrage, but do have to worry about more adds if dps has to take time to clear the adds the healers and tanks should have killed. Also have to worry about the big guys interrupting the channel. So killing them as fast as possible is important there, so gear and dps is an important factor even for a healer at least the way our group does it.

Quote: Originally Posted by NotRonin View Post
I see the issue is the lack of HP, more than anything else. You want around 20k hp so you don't get one-shot by a Disinfect from Operator IX, or the slam from TFB at the tandrum phase.
Healer shouldn't have to worry about slam at all if positioned correctly.

Khevar
01.17.2013 , 05:44 PM | #16
I fiddled around with some AMR profiles. Mind you, I didn't really take the time to properly min-max these. I just plopped the gear on, replaced any lettered mods and corrected a few egregious problems with stock gear. I'm sure someone could tweak these much better than I did.

That said, here's what I got:
Elite War Hero (with PvE stim)
http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/characte...1-a8ef99c2790f
1901 cunning
673 bonus healing
35% crit
77% surge
19k hp

Full Campaign (stimmed)
http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/characte...9-62a61bf7421b
2308 Cunning
751 Bonus Healing
35% crit
78% surge
20k hp

I'm not trying to say that you shouldn't go into HM TfB or NM EC with that gear, but honestly, look how much better the Campaign stuff is. Why not run HM EC and get some PvE gear first?

toyfanatic
01.17.2013 , 06:33 PM | #17
This is a gray area, meaning show some theorycrafting..
I will argue that a Elite War Hero equiped tank is easier to say nay to than a Elite War Hero DPS/Healer. The people who say they are being carried by the group- I beg to differ. Most tanks /DPS use some pvp gear in pve. As awesome as the Dread Guard Relics are I still use a Elite War Hero Relic and the Elite War Hero MH. Now I know that this thread wasn't about using PVP relics, but with out the OP linking their gear in a reply we don't know for certain their standing. I would have to see comparison parser numbers to reserve judgement. It is really easy to say nay with out looking at the numbers.

NotRonin
01.17.2013 , 07:06 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by mikebevo View Post
Healer shouldn't have to worry about slam at all if positioned correctly.
Slightly off topic : is there a way to avoid the tandrum hit? The two tanks are taunting when it's up, however we'll still get 1-2 hits on random players. Is there a spot to stand so the healer don't get slammed?

mikebevo
01.17.2013 , 07:15 PM | #19
I have never been hit, but I stand about 90 degrees from the tank right behind mdps. I asked the other healer and it seems he has been hit a couple times. I usually get the left and I have noticed my group takes less damage, not sure why that is. However, I guess I was wrong you can be hit. I just have been lucky for once.

Raekor
01.17.2013 , 07:21 PM | #20
It fully depends on the group. We often had WH healers heal for us, no problems at all unless they were paired with a weak healer. They can hold their own, but they couldn't carry somebody else. This was when TFB first came out, now it would be even easier. Just last week we took a fresh 50 mercenary alt in a mixture of recruit mk-2, Tionese, a 61 PvE barrel, and a WH off hand. He had about 16.5K hps. Didn't wipe once until Terror (would have had him too if the correct person battle res'd).

We have taken WH DPS through it, and the numbers they put out are more than good enough to beat enrage timers. Their DPS output was better than some of our weaker PvE players in better gear (albeit, it was a PT and Marauder in the WH).

Haven't tried a WH tank yet, don't think we had any before some of the PvP'ers left to form a dedicated guild.

NiEC, we refuse to take people who aren't in PvE gear.