Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Meet the Developers: Rob Hinkle

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Meet the Developers: Rob Hinkle
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Warshades
01.17.2013 , 05:49 PM | #11
Could you elaborate on the lack of rewards for killing players in Opvp? Could I suggest it as a way to open up Opvp? Or have you given up all hope of ever having a rewarding Opvp experience?
“Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it.”

MitchPB
01.17.2013 , 05:58 PM | #12
So i'm guessing no one at BW plays a Merc or Commando or they would've been fixed months ago

T-Assassin
01.17.2013 , 06:01 PM | #13
Rob mentioned lack of combat logs.

Does the team not take information, like TORPARSE for example, as solid evidence for classes underperforming? (in actual playing environments)

i have done extensive testing and provided substantial evidence on how specific classes, Mercenary specifically, is underperforming in both PvE and PvP realms.

while i understand the difficulties involved in class balance, and the tight rope walk needed to maintain proper balance, the proof is there.

as an early beta Mercenary Firebug, the utter lack of usefulness and playability of the Mercenary class in PvP, and it's underperformance in PvE (in direct comparison to its tank mirror) has finally made me stop playing a game i once loved.

now that i've got that outta the way...

Hi, Rob!
"Ib'tuur jatne tuur ash'ad kyr'amur."
"Today is a good day for someone else to die." -

wargonglok
01.17.2013 , 06:17 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Lord_Karsk View Post
Empire player.........
Yeah he would never have said commando/mercenary. Because then we would know he would be aware of
the giant issue with those two AC beeing the worst AC classes in the game for almost a year.

maybe he would never say commadno merc becuase he doesnt play one?

honestly what are you trying to say here, that he should lie about what class he plays to make you feel better? He is saying his favorite class, no politics behind it
Sniper, 'nough said

Lord_Karsk
01.17.2013 , 06:21 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by wargonglok View Post
maybe he would never say commadno merc becuase he doesnt play one?

honestly what are you trying to say here, that he should lie about what class he plays to make you feel better? He is saying his favorite class, no politics behind it
Talk about missing the point of my post . Guess you just dont get it

Alec_Fortescue
01.17.2013 , 06:32 PM | #16
Classes he plays... Sniper and Pyrotech Powertech - see where I'm going?

My question is: why hoods?!
*Best Dressed Jedi of 2014* http://mmo-fashion.com/tor-fashion-contest-results/

Atris' robes are great. But how about letting players wear the robes that are already in the game but not accessible to them?

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=720547 - Cool compilation of Jedi outfits worn by NPCs.

Don't let your artists' work go to waste, Bioware

DaftVaduhhh
01.17.2013 , 06:53 PM | #17
I for one am shocked and appalled at the amount of time that is being devoted to the Polish community. I see it as a small market sector unworthy of an entire design team's efforts.

:P

Good interview!
Daftvaduhh - 55 Shadow - GM of <Beyond Redemption> (The Harbinger)
La-femme - 55 Sage, Woklobster - 55 Guardian, Opfreely - 55 Sentinel
Drworm - 55 Commando, Rollface - 55 Vanguard, Leeloo'd - 55 Scoundrel, Rolling-deep - 55 Gunslinger

Sowwy
01.17.2013 , 06:56 PM | #18
]

You're an intelligent person, so how could speak so positively about pvp ? You may have hit your arbitrary metrics, but have your metrics hit the mark ? Can I run a ranked team without bubble abuse or smash, can my friends bring their gunnery commandos or vigilance ? No, but at least you're happy with class balance, right? Too bad a great number of your customers disagree.

nartiuslightlord
01.17.2013 , 08:12 PM | #19
Great to meet you rob, Welcome to the community!

My best advice is to create/borrow a PVP system that has no need for balance, since balance is only required working on tall buildings and tightropes, you will save allot of headaches if you revamp it now.

Bottom line is...welcome to the scene from the matrix two were we are all dancing and sweating waiting for the machines to come get us

Be our morpheus.

Peace
CE VIP

SWTOR Episode I - A New Meme
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNDaG7YqaV4

dejavy
01.17.2013 , 09:07 PM | #20
Thanks for awesome commando/merc Design, Rob.
/sarcasm off