I'm terribly disapointed by cartel packs.

Angedechu

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But tell me your magic trick to put the said f... mounts on the GTN.

I go to the GTN.

I go to the "Sell" tab.

I put the mount in the little box.

I put in my price.

I click the "create sale" to list it.

BOOM it is on the GTN.

Edited by jgoldsack

I've been using the cartel market since I returned to Tor a couple of weeks ago. I have 3 50's etc, so the expectation of getting something nice was very alluring.

Tonight I purchased the 5500 PAC of coins. I felt my previous purchases from the cartel were just a glitch as to how common and mundane they were.

So with high expectations I decided to buy the 360 coin pacs till I got something really valuable and useable.

When the dust settled I had bought at least 6 packs and got nothing, nothing of any worth. I am so disappointed, I actually feel ripped off. A terrible example of a money grab.

A run of the mill speeder, a couple of minor experience boosts, a box with two items, chest and gloves. They were terribly designed and look no better than Lv. 5 gear, so bad. Some crafting material. The rest were even worse.

This isn't rocket science guys. To put at the very least one "WOW" item in a pack would go a long way to me buying more cartel coins.

As it is now, this is the last time I'm buying coins. And I'm a subscriber as well. What a slap in the face.

How many times are you guys going to keep shooting your selves in the foot?

Am i the only one who thinks that cartel packs is just another example how low Bioware ended?

It shouldnt ever be in game!

If you want give players Revan mask or really cool crystal just do it, make it a drop in some resonable hard operation, so there will be a point to run it and here we go.

I dont get this modern habbit to cut a games into pieces and then sell it separetly.

Its probably smart move from "product living cycle" perspective, but sucks when comes to making awesome games.

Cartel packs are no different than chance packs in other games. It's gambling is all it is and it's about making money.

I've been using the cartel market since I returned to Tor a couple of weeks ago. I have 3 50's etc, so the expectation of getting something nice was very alluring.

Tonight I purchased the 5500 PAC of coins. I felt my previous purchases from the cartel were just a glitch as to how common and mundane they were.

So with high expectations I decided to buy the 360 coin pacs till I got something really valuable and useable.

When the dust settled I had bought at least 6 packs and got nothing, nothing of any worth. I am so disappointed, I actually feel ripped off. A terrible example of a money grab.

A run of the mill speeder, a couple of minor experience boosts, a box with two items, chest and gloves. They were terribly designed and look no better than Lv. 5 gear, so bad. Some crafting material. The rest were even worse.

This isn't rocket science guys. To put at the very least one "WOW" item in a pack would go a long way to me buying more cartel coins.

As it is now, this is the last time I'm buying coins. And I'm a subscriber as well. What a slap in the face.

How many times are you guys going to keep shooting your selves in the foot?

You can spend $300 and not get an ultra rare while the next person can get a nifty throne in their first pack. You're going to get more packs that suck than worth anything but that's the point. Out of 5500 coins, scored 3 hawkeye crystals, full phantom set and 2 indestructible crystals while the next several packs got crap.

If the person used all the mounts first, or isn't waiting for the timer that clearly says bound for XXX, then it's a ID 10 T error.

There is no way to use a mount and still have it in your inventory, the item disappears.

OP, you may be bugged, I would put in a ticket, as far as not being able to list vehicle on the GTN. However, that does not excuse you from ranting about not being able to sell Revan's Mask, when it clearly is an easy sell for even 200k. I have never had an issue selling anything from the packs via trade chat. And it doesn't take very long either.

• Dev Post

There are a few questions raised in this thread.

Do items put in the Galactic Trade Network sell?

Yes. We have metrics, as well, on what sells, and for what price, which we compare to their drop rates. This gives us a great idea on adjustments we should make for future packs (the drop rates and the pack contents themselves) - which means that our next round of packs will be better, and the ones after that will be better again.

Here are some fun stats

* The White indestructible crystal Median Buyout price = 1.4 million credits

* The Overlord’s Command Throne Median Buyout Price = 1.75 million credits

* The Dominator’s Command Throne Median buyout price = 1.50 million credits

* The imperial banner Median buyout price = 250 credits

* Ruddyscale Kowakian Monkey-Lizard median buyout price = 500,000 credits

* Elegant Loungewear Top median buyout price = 22,000 credits

This is interesting, in that the thrones are much less rare than the crystal. The metrics we have on what sells and what doesn't are excellent, which means that we should get better and better at pushing our resources towards things that players actually want.

Are there any truly absurd prices out there?

Absolutely. I can tell you one person bought an Imperial Banner off the GTN for 310000 credits.

Are we aware that some items can't be sold on the GTN (i.e. the game won't let you)?

Yeah, those are bugs, and in the case of the lightsaber crystals, ones that we should have caught easily, since it's happened multiple times. In every case I can think of off the top of my head, these are unintentional bugs, and should get fixed. It's not our intention that people should be standing around spamming the fleet about these.

Are you guys aware that there's a ton of dupe items clogging our inventory?

We totally are. This is particularly true of the more common bonus items that are repeated through multiple packs. We are constructing our next round of packs (i.e. the round that will start when Rise of the Hutt Cartel ships) with a definite eye on reducing this level of suck.

Why can't I sell some of this junk that is worthless on the GTN?

We are examining that possibility, and even if we did so, we would likely make the sale price negligible, to avoid having too harsh an effect on the economy (I don't want buying Cartel Packs to be a particularly effective and reliable way to get credits). That being said, there's a very good chance that some of these items may be retired in the future - an Imperial Banner or Dominator Throne that enjoys a certain value now might find that value greatly increased once the packs that sell these disappear - so you might want to selectively choose some of these to bank, rather than junk. This retirement may be permanent, or a temporary removal from service (like the McRib or the Disney DvD releases) That being said, we are still developing our strategy for how these items are retired and/or cycled into service. Once we have a plan, I will be sure we communicate it to the community at large.

It sucks that the Cartel Market/Cartel Packs takes away resources that could be spent on (my pet feature)!

It's quite the opposite, actually. The success of the market (and it has been quite successful) has given us the time and resources to do some ambitious things on Makeb, and plan some very ambitious things beyond. The success of the Cartel Market means that there will be more good stuff for ALL players, paying, subscribers, and free.

Edited by JovethGonzalez

We totally are. This is particularly true of the more common bonus items that are repeated through multiple packs. We are constructing our next round of packs (i.e. the round that will start when Rise of the Hutt Cartel ships) with a definite eye on reducing this level of suck.

This raises a good question. Do you have a pre-set number of packs and items set up ahead of time for a certain period of time, and if so, are there going to be any more "new" packs released before RotHC?

It sucks that the Cartel Market/Cartel Packs takes away resources that could be spent on (my pet feature)!

It's quite the opposite, actually. The success of the market (and it has been quite successful) has given us the time and resources to do some ambitious things on Makeb, and plan some very ambitious things beyond. The success of the Cartel Market means that there will be more good stuff for ALL players, paying, subscribers, and free.

Don't let greed corrupt the game Damion, I've seen it happen to other games.

These packs are a dangerous path you're taking.

Edited by Sutaka

This raises a good question. Do you have a pre-set number of packs and items set up ahead of time for a certain period of time, and if so, are there going to be any more "new" packs released before RotHC?

I had the same question. The way I read the yellow post was that he meant that there are packs between now and RotHC but they're pretty much pre-set waiting to show up in the store. It doesn't make sense that they've been doing regular packs but now they will suddenly wait till Spring.