Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Know your class and have appropriate gear.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Server Forums > Jedi Covenant
Know your class and have appropriate gear.

PlaceAdHere
01.17.2013 , 12:39 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by JacksonMo View Post
Depends. If you're still leveling, it's probably ok. If you're talking hard modes in dps gear, you'd better pray for an over-geared healer. Why not just be a tank, instead of dps pretending to tank?
It is hard to be a tank when my mount doesn't work inside FPs.
Space Available
<Goon Squad>
Placeadhere - Chemist - Marie'curie
<That's No Goon>
Call for more information.

PifferPuff
01.17.2013 , 01:25 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by PlaceAdHere View Post
It is hard to be a tank when my mount doesn't work inside FPs.
LOL Nice.

I usually play a geared shadow tank in full DG/BH. I queue for HM FPs as a tank, 'cuz that's my spec and that's what I'm geared for. When I see some greens in the group, I don't panic or kick. I just try to go with it, do my best to carry the group, and help them out as best I can. This is a game afterall. It's about having fun and trying out new things (even with fresh 50s biting off more than they can chew -we all gotta learn sometime). After we are done, I will tell them about the free Recuit MK2 gear that they should get, and other hints to get geared up. Win or wipe, they thank me cuz they will get better: everyone wins

However, most of the time I queue, I get a group in at least Tionese/Recruit MK2 or better, so kicking or rage quitting is never an issue.

HM LI, on the other hand... There's no rage: you either know if you and your group can do it (on the first or second boss), or not.