Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

BW, do you ever plan on addressing DPS Mercs/Commandos PvP-wise?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
BW, do you ever plan on addressing DPS Mercs/Commandos PvP-wise?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Bluntron
01.17.2013 , 11:33 AM | #771
Quote: Originally Posted by Technohic View Post
You guys better get on their Twitter daily tor crap. They are asking which AC you like better for trooper. Commando or Vanguard. Might want to make a comment that isn't a "duh... I like da big gun! derp"
Im kind of upset they would even ask that question

Thats like asking what looks cooler a lambo or a mini van?

Giving them a hard time over that tweet.

Technohic
01.17.2013 , 12:36 PM | #772
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
Hell no. I'm a subscriber. There's no reason Bioware should value every twits feedback over mine. Gathering feedback on social sites drives me crazy - I feel like they give feedback from people who don't even play the game the same weight as mine.
Yeah; like it or not, I wouldn't doubt they don't get their "feedback" from that. And when I looked earlier, it seemed like commando is just awesome.

Just sayin.

T-Assassin
01.17.2013 , 01:04 PM | #773
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
Hell no. I'm a subscriber. There's no reason Bioware should value every twits feedback over mine. Gathering feedback on social sites drives me crazy - I feel like they give feedback from people who don't even play the game the same weight as mine.
dude...

that's the way people communicate nowadays it's crazy.

i'm such an outcast because i don't tweet, use facebook, or carry my cell phone when i go out.

sadly, that's where they get their opinions and numbers.

my wife asks me all the time, even tho she knows the answer, "did you see the SWTOR stuff on facebook?" i get more info from her, from facebook, than i get reading the forums or gaming websites.

that's just another reason why i'm fed up...

*EDIT* what the f**k happened? is this how our parents and grandparents felt about "technology'? i find all this social media and reality bs to be lazy, unintelligent, and insulting. it's garbage!!!

oh, and get off my lawn!
"Ib'tuur jatne tuur ash'ad kyr'amur."
"Today is a good day for someone else to die." -

cashogy
01.17.2013 , 01:06 PM | #774
honestly, no point in debating something we have no control over. we will get what we get.

those of us that are still playing Merc/Mando are likely doing it cuz we have found a way to excel at it. regardless of whatever bioware gives us, chances are we're still gonna find a way to excel.

Bluntron
01.17.2013 , 01:15 PM | #775
Quote: Originally Posted by cashogy View Post
honestly, no point in debating something we have no control over. we will get what we get.

those of us that are still playing Merc/Mando are likely doing it cuz we have found a way to excel at it. regardless of whatever bioware gives us, chances are we're still gonna find a way to excel.
Oh dont say that, I look forward to reading these post after a 12 hour work shift. lol this and getting rick rolled on my merc is the only thing I look forward to at the end of the day.

cashogy
01.17.2013 , 01:24 PM | #776
Quote: Originally Posted by Bluntron View Post
Oh dont say that, I look forward to reading these post after a 12 hour work shift. lol this and getting rick rolled on my merc is the only thing I look forward to at the end of the day.
pfft why you getting rickrolled?

make friends w/ a good mara. i played w/ one the other night, and he was peeling for me while i peeled for our healer. in like 6 warzones, the two of us put up >400k damage 4 times, and one of those was >500k. i outdamaged him in all but one hypergates where i got stuck guarding the first round and no enemies came to our pylon (still ended up w/ >400k tho)

T-Assassin
01.17.2013 , 01:25 PM | #777

true. skill > fotm kiddies. but, it's still mind-bottling.

i haven't played in a week (playing TSW w/ wife), and i don't really miss it.

i do miss the SW universe, my characters, PvP, and the fluid/intuitive gameplay. but, the more i've played lately, the more frustrated i have become.

and, tbh, it's refreshing. no more dailies, running the same FP for the 300th time, making hot laps on the fleet, complaining about the good ol' days (pre 1.2), and utter disappointment at the futility of the Merc class, my personal favorite...by far.

my passion for gaming, and MMO's in general, has been worn down. and this twitter poll, or w/e it is, is a prime example, as well as the continued lack of communication, bug fixes, added content, and west coast server issues.

the bottom line is $$$. not to create a highly entertaining game. i would love to be proved otherwise. but, all the facts, evidence, and history of this game just don't convince me.

once the fully-voiced MMO, kotor 3-10, fell on its face, and people ate thru the content, and 1.2 "ruined" PvP, what was left?

1 WZ, 2 FPs, and an OP in almost a year? server stability on the decline, MORE bugs, less content...i'm not a fluff guy. CC/FTP is nothing to me!! (i get it. i play w/ my wife, she cares more about how she looks, than how klunky a game is.) $$$

i guess my mind's made up. and i don't think Makeb, based on this game's history, is gonna win my heart back.

so much potential, pissed away. just like 98% of all MMO's the past decade. swallowed up by greed.

*EDIT* for spelling and content.

cashogy
01.17.2013 , 01:28 PM | #778
Quote: Originally Posted by T-Assassin View Post
true. skill > fotm kiddies. but, it's still mind-bottling.

i haven't played in a week (playing TSW w/ wife), and i don't really miss it.

i do miss the SW universe, my characters, PvP, and the fluid/intuitive gameplay. but, the more i've played lately, the more frustrated i have become.

and, tbh, it's refreshing. no more dailies, running the same FP for the 300th time, making hot laps on the fleet, complaining about the good ol' days (pre 1.2), and utter disappointment at the futility of the Merc class, my personal favorite...by far.

my passion for gaming, and MMO's in general, has been worn down. and this twitter poll, or w/e it is, is a prime example, as well as the continued lack of communication, bug fixes, added content, and west coast server issues.

the bottom line is $$$. not to create a highly entertaining game. i would love to be proved otherwise. but, all the facts, evidence, and history of this game just don't convince me.

once the fully-voiced MMO, kotor 3-10, fell on its face, and people ate thru the content, and 1.2 "ruined" PvP, what was left?

1 WZ, 2 FPs, and an OP in almost a year? server stability on the decline, MORE bugs, less content...

i guess my mind's made up. and i don't think Makeb, based on this game's history, is gonna win my heart back.

so much potential, pissed away. just like 98% of all MMO's the past decade.
100% agree.

the fact this game is the only star wars mmo is really the only reason i am still playing

Technohic
01.17.2013 , 01:32 PM | #779
pfft why you getting rickrolled?

make friends w/ a good mara. i played w/ one the other night, and he was peeling for me while i peeled for our healer. in like 6 warzones, the two of us put up >400k damage 4 times, and one of those was >500k. i outdamaged him in all but one hypergates where i got stuck guarding the first round and no enemies came to our pylon (still ended up w/ >400k tho)
I need to dust my merc off. I can remember having some good matches if there was someone else to grab all the attention. If I could make myself annoying as hell to pursue and not worry about damage for a little bit, they see bigger threats and would move on, but that would leave me some opportunity to do my thing.

T-Assassin
01.17.2013 , 01:34 PM | #780
100% agree.

the fact this game is the only star wars mmo is really the only reason i am still playing

really not much out there...i'm not a fantasy guy.

but, i've been playing the secret world. it's a weird mix of left for dead meets magic the gathering...quite unique, but again, i'm not a D&D-type guy. (altho i did kill a hot, breasts out, dressed in leather demon npc...ok i killed a bunch...they were hot :P )

see what swtor has done to me!!!

AARRRGGGHHHH!!!