Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Dealing with Snipers.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Dealing with Snipers.

NoTomorrow's Avatar


NoTomorrow
01.17.2013 , 02:42 AM | #121
Quote: Originally Posted by PoliteAssasin View Post
Still on that eh? I'm flattered. <3 I still think its funny you're making a big deal over something that's considered normal by many. But oh wells.
It's the way how you deal with things, somebody makes a logical argument, backs up all his statements, yet you come up with complete denial and try to dismiss everything without any logical statements. Read your own posts, this is your typical answer:

"this is all false, I don't care about all that logical reasoning, i am the best sentinel out there and i will beat the best sniper, healer, you name it, simply because i have "situational awarenes" that can allow me win even against impossible mathematical odds".

Most of the times you claim smth like
Quote:
We have more ways to deal with snipers than they have for us. If you're a sentinel and losing to a sniper,...
but you don't provide those ways. You know why? Because the instant you will try to list those tools, you will get your arguments countered. And you know that very well, you tried providing some arguments before and it did not work for you as people immediately pointed to the faults in your reasoning, so you just try to instigate flamebaiting on the forums becuase there is nothing else you are left to do.

And all this is I am assuming you are not actually trolling and you honestly think what you type. But many of your posts qualify pretty well to be labeled as trolling attempts.
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Scatter Bombs are meant to be a fun bit of extra damage that occurs when you roll into or away from the action. That said, we’re okay with you trapping an unsuspecting enemy for a “wall bang” every now and then.

PoliteAssasin's Avatar


PoliteAssasin
01.17.2013 , 03:02 AM | #122
Quote: Originally Posted by NoTomorrow View Post
It's the way how you deal with things, somebody makes a logical argument, backs up all his statements, yet you come up with complete denial and try to dismiss everything without any logical statements. Read your own posts, this is your typical answer:

"this is all false, I don't care about all that logical reasoning, i am the best sentinel out there and i will beat the best sniper, healer, you name it, simply because i have "situational awarenes" that can allow me win even against impossible mathematical odds".

Most of the times you claim smth like
but you don't provide those ways. You know why? Because the instant you will try to list those tools, you will get your arguments countered. And you know that very well, you tried providing some arguments before and it did not work for you as people immediately pointed to the faults in your reasoning, so you just try to instigate flamebaiting on the forums becuase there is nothing else you are left to do.

And all this is I am assuming you are not actually trolling and you honestly think what you type. But many of your posts qualify pretty well to be labeled as trolling attempts.
You should know what I'm speaking of. You claim to be my counter. And the next stage of your denial, trolling accusations. You're progressing nicely. I'm not going to detail how I would kill you or counter what you may throw at me. I told you if you wanted to see it come to my server. Find the best sniper there, or roll one yourself and I'll cover your costs. Otherwise tone down the Internet tough guy act.
D E M A V E N D O B E R Y N

NoTomorrow's Avatar


NoTomorrow
01.17.2013 , 03:14 AM | #123
Quote: Originally Posted by PoliteAssasin View Post
You should know what I'm speaking of. You claim to be my counter. And the next stage of your denial, trolling accusations. You're progressing nicely. I'm not going to detail how I would kill you or counter what you may throw at me. I told you if you wanted to see it come to my server. Find the best sniper there, or roll one yourself and I'll cover your costs. Otherwise tone down the Internet tough guy act.
"I am not going to detail how i would kill you" Yes yes yes, you have said that 1000 times already, the fact is, you are afraid to go into details because you know i can provide you with some very good answers to whatever you plan to throw at me. I have an aswer for your CDs. I repeatedly tried to provoke you come with an aswer, but you are desperately trying to avoid that. If you are so good, wha's stops you from explaining your point of view and prove me that i am wrong? Or you actually don't believe what you are saying and resort to flame biating and reporting any post that calls your lies.

Compared to you, i have provided countless of times logical arguments, sometimes even denfending marauders from the claims of newbie snipers. Yet you are afraid to get into a serious discussion. All you could come up against Larry_Dallas detailed post about Annihilation vs Healer Ops, is just complete utter denial without any logical answer. This is what you are Polite:

Quote: Originally Posted by PoliteAssasin View Post
You have no idea what you're talking about do you? Keep deluding yourself bud. Better hope you don't run across an anni or watchman dual weilder who's not fotm on your awesome operative healer.
Quote: Originally Posted by PoliteAssasin View Post
I've soloed the best operative and scoundrel healers on my server as a watchman. It's really no trouble at all, just requires awareness
Quote: Originally Posted by PoliteAssasin View Post
That's what I was told before I dueled the best sniper on my server. I was told I wouldn't be able to even touch him. As I said, sounds good on paper, but in reality not so much. He tried all 3 specs on me, only one of them was a somewhat close fight, marksman if i recall correctly, the other two were fairly easy for me.
So you want to say that you have no clue about what spec you were actually fighting against and you actually won? I mean not knowing what he can actually throw at you. Nice

this thread is basically a carbon copy of this one. Notice how you tried again to dodge any sort of reply to my post about how you will react with your sentinel. Just they same old:

Quote: Originally Posted by PoliteAssasin View Post
Sorry to say you haven't come across any real sentinels/marauders yet.
So what will it be Polite? Give me a logical answer after months of flaming and avoiding any serious talk or will you just try to report this post simply because you feel uncomfortable?

I promise I will take all my words back, if you for example, wrote a counter guide to my Sniper vs Marauder guide (check my signature, it's the third post in that thread). If you provided clear, logical counter arguments about how would you react in different situations i would take you seriously, perhaps i would even respect you.

And I would understand if you would have a compehensive atittude towards the specs in thsi game, but you are flip floping depending on how it is convenient for you, almost always contradicting yourself. In one thread you are derailing Carnage about how useless it is and how it can be locked out of burst for 27 seconds and crap like that. In other posts you claim how snipers have no chance against carnage. You don't even have a stable opinion on a particular matter.

I would rather have an interesting discussion with you, like i have with many other marauder players, but you just keep on bragging without providing an actual debate. If you don't want to talk in clear argumentative way, then i will just have to stop reading anything you post.
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Scatter Bombs are meant to be a fun bit of extra damage that occurs when you roll into or away from the action. That said, we’re okay with you trapping an unsuspecting enemy for a “wall bang” every now and then.

AdmiralParmesan's Avatar


AdmiralParmesan
01.17.2013 , 04:06 AM | #124
I'm sorry polite assassin but if you can beat the "best" sniper on your sever as a marauder then he doesn't know how to play the sniper class. Plain and simple

Actually I retract my previous statement I'm not sorry, all you do is spread misinformation and go around trolling in every thread I see you post in.
Depreva (Sith Sorcerer) - Prophecy of the Five-

mattycutts's Avatar


mattycutts
01.17.2013 , 06:43 AM | #125
Quote: Originally Posted by PoliteAssasin View Post
Stop posting misinformation. This is a misconception that is far too common on these forums. We have more ways to deal with snipers than they have for us. If you're a sentinel and losing to a sniper, you're simply not playing your class right.
If your killing all the snipers u come across then ya not facing good snipers.

The only way i really struggle against sentinals, maruaders etc is if the get drop on me out of a res point.

Normally most sentianals, maurauders are zero problem unless i make a mistaken then thats my bad and i deserved to die.

really good sentinals and maurauders yeah can kill ya average sniper. but i bet u pit a top sentinal against a top sniper and the sniper will come out on top same as if u pit a top opperative against a top sniper more often than not the opperative will leave us dead.

If you get the drop on ya sniper then ya fine but watch for ya MM snipers like me that play dumb and u think we havnt spotted you when we have. Number of times in a huttball i spot a sentinal, maurauder etc making there way to me and ill stay focussed on what im attacking but only using quick hits saving all my big stuff for the sucker about to think he got drop on me.... HES TOAST and that will happen 99% of the time and im not even the best sniper but i aint stupid either where as alot playing snetiansl adn maurauders are coz of the fotm. this is not aimed at you guys that are damn good at ya sentinals and maurauders im sure u kill many a sniper. BACK TO OP - really want to counter ya sniper just send a opperative, gunslinger etc for them or assit you but let them attack first
RED ECLIPSE - Eternal Dawn (Rep) / The Deathbringers (emp)
(Ground & Space PVP only)
Empire - Quickblast / Quickstrike / Quickblow / Quickcast / Toretto
Republic - Quickblasts / Quickslam / Quickvolley
Former Baccas Blade / Nightmare Lands

ArchangelLBC's Avatar


ArchangelLBC
01.17.2013 , 08:23 AM | #126
Quote: Originally Posted by PoliteAssasin View Post
Lol the inflated ego is strong with this one.
Pot meet kettle. Or is that the point. That is SO meta.


ITT: A SNIPER (NoTomorrow) gives some actual good advice on how a Mara can deal with a Sniper with some helpful tips. His guide is also quite helpful and you'll note that he makes a point of noting that vs a carnage mara it's going to be a very close fight and whoever makes a mistake first is probably going to lose. So he's very aware of the full power of the class and has obviously been talking to some maras that are very knowledgeable and actually listened to them (they're cited in that section of the guide).

ALSO ITT: A Mara (PoliteAssassin) makes wild claims about how snipers are no problem without actually providing any help whatsoever to those maras/sents who have trouble with them being singularly unhelpful for the people who do have trouble.

The irony is pretty delicious.
In update 2.9 the game will simply uninstall itself for you.

-Wnd

Smashbrother's Avatar


Smashbrother
01.17.2013 , 12:21 PM | #127
Quote: Originally Posted by NoTomorrow View Post
Smashbrother what would you expect from a sentinel that claims stuff like in this thread. It's the same story all over again. No counter-arguments, just false statements and wrong assumptions.
OMG did he claim he can solo a scoundrel healer as anni spec? HAHAHAHA. Biggest lie of the *********** year. I can live forever against an anni spec mara on my commando healer (because their dots are cleansable), and a scoundrel healer is far better than a commando healer.

Ya the dude is a fritatta. He probably has 800 rating too.