Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why is my Outfits colors different ?.......

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Why is my Outfits colors different ?.......
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

NathanEmmott
01.17.2013 , 10:38 AM | #11 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Howdy!

I'm curious if the coloring for the outfit looks as expected when you are in a conversation. We are looking into this issue and any information can help us track down what is occurring. The details already provided have already given us some excellent leads and we hope to get this all sorted out quickly.

Thanks!
SWTOR Systems Designer

Quraswren
01.17.2013 , 10:39 AM | #12
I got a similar problem.

I wear the red jedi knight chest piece from teh cartel market. The armored outfit looking one and if I remember correctly I put on the despot armored leggings and they color match was fine. They were a little mor ebulky than I wanted so I was looking for something else.

When I put on the pathfinders leggings and color matched. They turned pink'ish. A type of red sure but not what I was looking for.

KarathAnno
01.17.2013 , 10:53 AM | #13
I have this exact same issue on several of my characters... and bug reported it nearly a year ago...

It happens to my dark skinned human characters. I don't have enough alien characters to test if it occurs on some of them as well.

In the cut scenes and in the preview screen the outfits appear normal. But on my character the color is washed out. The effect is most noticeable on red gear.

CosmicKat
01.17.2013 , 10:58 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by NathanEmmott View Post
Howdy!

I'm curious if the coloring for the outfit looks as expected when you are in a conversation. We are looking into this issue and any information can help us track down what is occurring. The details already provided have already given us some excellent leads and we hope to get this all sorted out quickly.

Thanks!
Colors in cutscenes have higher saturation than they do ingame. It's easiest to spot when wearing something with a muted color like the slave girl outfit. It looks like a very pale pink ingame, almost white, yet looks more pink in cutscenes.

A way to spot the difference in pallets is to equip two characters of different species with the same outfit and compare them in the select screen. Equip a Chiss and Human in the elegant loungewear top and switch back and forth in select screen. The color difference is subtle and I thought it was an optical illusion due to the contrast between the blue of the outfit and the character's skintones but look at the shading and you will see actual differences in color saturation and/or contrast. The pallet of the characters is affecting the pallet of the armor.

Another way this difference is obvious is to equip the slave girl top with the formal skirt, on some races (human) the pink of the top and white of the skirt are almost identical before matching, while on other races (Rattataki), the top is clearly pink and the bottom clearly white and they won't look 'matching' till you select the matching option.

SKYSHADOWTHREE
01.17.2013 , 11:07 AM | #15
Perhaps a different issue, but this has also been a problem on my sith pureblood, but with the Rakata Force Mystic Chest piece. The color is bright red on the character select screen and in cut scenes, but a very dark red (almost grey) color outside.

Primarch_PWnD
01.17.2013 , 11:09 AM | #16
I have found this issue with the Aspiring Knight's chest. It is a blue colored top, that when i equip it on my darker-blue skin-tone Chiss appears to wash out the colors. I have compared with human skin tones, and the colors are more vibrant. The preview window shows the top with the vibrancy, but when it's put on, the colors wash out.
Profiteers of War and Destruction

Prophecy of the Five

Alavastre
01.17.2013 , 11:11 AM | #17
Howdy!

Thanks!
I'm having that very problem as well, but it's only one piece of my outfit, just the torso. The rest are the normal colors. In cutscenes, in the preview window, it's all darker, and when I'm out running around it's light. Kind of weird running around as a pink Sith. I'm not sure if other people see me as pink though.
Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty. Thomas Jefferson

SithKoriandr
01.17.2013 , 11:12 AM | #18
Howdy!

Thanks!
I use the Aspiring Jedi vest on my JK and Smuggler, on my JK the outfit is grey (blonde hair, blue eyes, 18-23 skin color range) and on my Smuggler the same outfit is black (red hair, green eyes, and 1-5 skin color range) both of them cyborgs.

If it's based on skin color, I would really like the option to change ones skin tone (basically cosmetic shop) as an option I hate the grey.

Glzmo
01.17.2013 , 11:38 AM | #19
Howdy!

Thanks!
On my female Twi'lek (as well as her companion Vette) that's wearing the Fancy Reveler's Outfit from the Cartel packs, the outfit looks properly red with a little white in the preview window, character selection screen and conversations while in-game it looks almost completely white with a slight rose tint. I got the outfit because I liked the appearance from the preview as the red matched the red of her Skin nicely, but now it's rubbish as the whole white deal doesn't fit her Sithness and I wasted money on it.
Please fix the color appearance so it looks in the game just as it looks in the character creation, cutscenes and preview window!

SithKoriandr
01.17.2013 , 11:47 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Glzmo View Post
On my female Twi'lek (as well as her companion Vette) that's wearing the Fancy Reveler's Outfit from the Cartel packs, the outfit looks properly red with a little white in the preview window, character selection screen and conversations while in-game it looks almost completely white with a slight rose tint. I got the outfit because I liked the appearance from the preview as the red matched the red of her Skin nicely, but now it's rubbish as the whole white deal doesn't fit her Sithness and I wasted money on it.
Please fix the color appearance so it looks in the game just as it looks in the character creation, cutscenes and preview window!
While I agree on fixing it to match what one sees in the preview window. How does white outfit not make one Sith? o.O I thought my Sith's all white outfit, fit very well for her. I'd say the same for my other Sith, except the other pieces ith color matching always came out as grey :/ Ruined the look I was going for, so replaced it with my second pick, a hood down long robe