Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Take the level requirement off HK-51's orange gear shells

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Take the level requirement off HK-51's orange gear shells
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Heezdedjim
01.14.2013 , 08:28 AM | #1
There is no possible need for this, given that it's locked to him anyway. You don't even have to do the hard part of making the mods match the level of an alt when he is claimed through legacy; just at least take off the level 50 lock on the shells so that we can strip the gear and put our own mods in, and actually get him on our level.

Heezdedjim
01.17.2013 , 04:37 AM | #2
Bump.

Merras
01.17.2013 , 04:48 AM | #3
I agree.

nbayer
01.17.2013 , 08:04 AM | #4
Yes, it is annoying. I suggested the same thing a while back. At the end of the day you can come across a custom version of most parts between planetary commendations and a cybertech by about level 20. In the meantime the droid tanking parts suffice.

Xenith
01.17.2013 , 08:10 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by nbayer View Post
At the end of the day you can come across a custom version of most parts between planetary commendations and a cybertech by about level 20.
This.
Peace is a lie... and so is your Order.
CE_VIP

Hambunctious
01.17.2013 , 09:25 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by nbayer View Post
Yes, it is annoying. I suggested the same thing a while back. At the end of the day you can come across a custom version of most parts between planetary commendations and a cybertech by about level 20. In the meantime the droid tanking parts suffice.
Yeah, except you'll be requied to use valuable slots to store his level 50 gear.

DamionSchubert
01.17.2013 , 10:25 AM | #7 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
It's a tech issue.

I have confirmed, that if we remove the level gating on the shell item, the mods will still affect HK (Even though they are level gated), making him a super companion for low levels. We would likely need new tech to fix this issue so the mods level takes precedence over the items level. While I'd like to get to this tech someday, it's pretty low priority compared to the other things that I (and most of you guys) want.
SWTOR Lead Designer

Foambreaker
01.17.2013 , 10:48 AM | #8
I dont think it would be as good in practice as people think.

First off they would want to store the 27 50+ mods for future use.

So now we add all that storage to the system.

Plus as someone mentioned you can replace the stuff by level 20 anyway.

Finally leveling with HK would mean other pets, that do gain affection from conversations, would not gain, leaving and end game grind. HK doesn't gain from conversations.

In the end it would be a mess.

Tommot
01.17.2013 , 10:48 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by DamionSchubert View Post
It's a tech issue.

I have confirmed, that if we remove the level gating on the shell item, the mods will still affect HK (Even though they are level gated), making him a super companion for low levels. We would likely need new tech to fix this issue so the mods level takes precedence over the items level. While I'd like to get to this tech someday, it's pretty low priority compared to the other things that I (and most of you guys) want.
Understandable. What if you created a separate set with no stats that people receive when they do the legacy unlock?
Roswin - 50 Jedi Sentinel | Vaelin - 50 Sith Juggernaut | Kordis - 50 Sith Marauder | Vaelis - 50 Sith Assassin | Tylus - 50 Sniper
| Vint - 43 Mercenary | Kiden - 35 Vangaurd | Skavic - 22 Jedi Sage |

Arlon_Nabarlly
01.17.2013 , 11:42 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by DamionSchubert View Post
It's a tech issue.

I'd love it if the fixed tech was mods or gear that auto-leveled with the player. This is something a lot of people want for other items as well so making the tech for HK it could also have other uses too. Just a thought