Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Malavai Quinn

CloudCastle
01.16.2013 , 02:51 PM | #91
Quote:
Speaking about Taris, there is a moment when you are typing a code to open a door, and you really need to choose the right option in the conversation... won't tell you more not to spoil it for you .
Oh, that reminds me. I was going to ask about this one. I chose that option in this scene and wouldn't you know, I don't recall now exactly what Quinn said in return. Can someone put it in a spoiler for me? I did watch one video, but the person didn't choose the "right" option and I was grumbling at the screen the whole time, heh.

bright_ephemera
01.16.2013 , 03:07 PM | #92
Quote: Originally Posted by CloudCastle View Post
Oh, that reminds me. I was going to ask about this one. I chose that option in this scene and wouldn't you know, I don't recall now exactly what Quinn said in return. Can someone put it in a spoiler for me? I did watch one video, but the person didn't choose the "right" option and I was grumbling at the screen the whole time, heh.
I have it here: http://youtu.be/5IYY2_uS6e4#t=16

It's just the one line of interest; the whole rest of the video is blah blah regular quest blah.

Transcript of the relevant bits:
Spoiler
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 70+ authors to date. 1900+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!
Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.

CloudCastle
01.16.2013 , 03:27 PM | #93
Thank you! No wonder I couldn't remember what he had said. He gave a non-answer.

Ithilwen
01.16.2013 , 05:19 PM | #94
Quote: Originally Posted by kalistea View Post
Hmm, how can I answer without spoiling too much... let's say you won't miss that scene no matter what you do. Just like the one on Balmorra, it's totally part of your story and will happen anyway (just like the "incident" )

The examples I listed from Hoth and Corellia are exceptions, for all other interesting scenes you need to have Quinn with you all the time .

Other than that, it's more about choosing the right option in the conversation to get the most interesting answer, and I can only advise press the ESC key a lot and try out every option if you can.

Speaking about Taris, there is a moment when you are typing a code to open a door, and you really need to choose the right option in the conversation... won't tell you more not to spoil it for you .

On Tatooine, there is a conversation with one of your main quest NPCs where you can get -41 affection with Quinn but get a glimpse on his true feelings for you. (at 21:11 in the video if you missed it).

Just tell me where your character is and what she's doing right now and I'll tell you if there is something interesting to look for
Awsome ^^ I always hit ESC and try just about every conversation option. On my male SW (which I only level with my brother) we are about to head to Tattoine, on my female SW I rushed through Balmorra to get him now I'm trying to get the commendations to gear her up before heading to Nar Shadaa (o.o funny how you know how to spell something in this game only to completely forget)

On my male SW my brother gets kind of annoyed when I constantly hit ESC... so I try not to... too much.
hence my female SW with the added bonus of romancing Quinn!

Also... I have a habit of feeding my companions gifts, and 'farming' affection >_< then I go through all the dialogs at once... I guess I should try and space things out once I get through Act 1, right?
Valkarah - Valania - Santiel
Dramorion - Onai - Ostana

kalistea
01.16.2013 , 06:40 PM | #95
Hehe, I also rushed both my marauder and juggernaut through Balmorra class quest to get him, then completed the side quests. I thought since Quinn was so eager to send me to the Balmorran arms factory, he should see what kind of hellish place it was !

About the affection raising too fast, there is little you can do. I found that Quinn was possibly the easiest companion to gain affection with, no matter if you play LS or DS. As long as you choose pro empire options, you can often get +60 or +80 just from one conversation.

So, since you already know about Naar Shaddaa, remember those republic soldiers you meet ?

If you spared them, Quinn will offer you strategic advice when you get back at Halidrell's office and find Rathari's message.
If you killed them, you will get a small flirting option instead, your choice

You'll have a similar situation on Alderaan later on, as a light side choice will unlock more conversations that you wouldn't get if you made the dark side choice.

Then, you'll have the comment Quinn will make when leaving Naar Shaddaa, you can annoy him a bit if you want.

About Tatooine, I'll tell you more once your male SW has finished the main quest there.
You can just PM me if you want and I'll tell you about the conversation choices

Anyone else remembers anything about Naar Shaddaa ?

@Bright_ephemera : I know you are quite an expert on the subject, you'll know if I forgot anything

Ithilwen
01.17.2013 , 01:07 AM | #96
On my male SW I spared the republic troopers, but I didn't get to see what would happen for the different options, LS and DS after they fulfill their debt, I clicked the neutral one and didn't his esc fast enough at the end of the convo...

I thought it was funny when I asked him if he was in a hurry to get back to the ship because of Vette.
"I'm not going to dignify that by replying" or something xD
I have decided that once i'm done leveling my male SW with my brother, i'm going to start over... Its the one char that I actually want to try and RP (after exploring dialog xD), but I miss out on that chance because of the group convos...

Does the flirt option come imediately after killing them, or later in a different conversation as a result?
I'm guessing when he say's he wants to get back to the ship quickly you get the option to 'suggest something perhaps related to your quaters'?

Back at Halidrell's Office the option that gave affection was the one where my char said he'd use the pub troopers, although, if you ask him, he tells you how smart/insightfull you are... in a way

bright_ephemera
01.17.2013 , 08:33 AM | #97
I had some thoughts here related to both the 'getting extra dialogue from Quinn' thing and the 'gee, I'd like to murder him' thing that was the original topic.

First up, as for the line a few posts back, when I first encountered it I played a short game of guessing what I was supposed to know he felt about me. Irritation, anger, frustration, and profound, bitter 'you're a terrible manager and I've added you to my hit list' hatred were on the potential list. Also 'nigh-crippling fear.' There really wasn't enough evidence to support 'affection,' not if you miss the easily-missed Tatooine thing.

All the "extras" I'm aware of (along with some of the limits related to the original point of this thread):

Nar Shaddaa spoilers:
Spoiler

Tatooine spoilers:
Spoiler

I've never seen any interesting Alderaan interaction. Then again, note that I've only actually played the Warrior line through once; I am a master rumormonger, not necessarily a game expert.

Taris spoilers:
Spoiler

Transponder station spoilers:
Spoiler

Spoilers for the Act 3 situation over Hoth:
Spoiler

Spoilers for Corellia:
Spoiler

Spoilers for endgame:
Spoiler

To reiterate, here's the link to the awesome romance compilation that someone linked earlier:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYEzFOVJtl4&feature=plcp

Reviewing this just makes me want to murder him all over again. (Or rather, murder for the first time. You know, because I haven't been allowed to yet.) You need to bend over backwards to get these scraps of affection before he shoots you in the face anyway.
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 70+ authors to date. 1900+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!
Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.

kalistea
01.17.2013 , 01:04 PM | #98
Quote: Originally Posted by Ithilwen View Post
Does the flirt option come imediately after killing them, or later in a different conversation as a result?
I'm guessing when he say's he wants to get back to the ship quickly you get the option to 'suggest something perhaps related to your quaters'?

Back at Halidrell's Office the option that gave affection was the one where my char said he'd use the pub troopers, although, if you ask him, he tells you how smart/insightfull you are... in a way
That's later in a different conversation, when you find Rathari's message on Halidrell's corpse.
Rather than a long explanation I just uploaded 2 of my vids:

If you spared the Republic troopers you get this version (with my juggernaut).
I think it's different than what you did because I asked Quinn to thwart Rathari's ambush himself.
I found that asking his opinion, or pretend that you are clueless and need to rely on his expertise often brings out the best conversations.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=VvK1KTMvq5U

if you killed the Republic troopers you get this one (featuring my marauder)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=MtEsdAb5cNM

I made vids from the whole storyline, but been lazy about uploading/editing them

About luring him in your quarters... I can only advise being patient... very patient

Ithilwen
01.18.2013 , 01:07 AM | #99
Quote: Originally Posted by bright_ephemera View Post
Reviewing this just makes me want to murder him all over again. (Or rather, murder for the first time. You know, because I haven't been allowed to yet.) You need to bend over backwards to get these scraps of affection before he shoots you in the face anyway.
I hope they bring the option to kill companions back when they expand on the class stories... I'd also expect some kind of resolution to this whole situation, even if it was a 'lengthy' process, not just "I forgive you, lets get going"

Quote: Originally Posted by kalistea
That's later in a different conversation, when you find Rathari's message on Halidrell's corpse.
Rather than a long explanation I just uploaded 2 of my vids:

If you spared the Republic troopers you get this version (with my juggernaut).
I think it's different than what you did because I asked Quinn to thwart Rathari's ambush himself.
I found that asking his opinion, or pretend that you are clueless and need to rely on his expertise often brings out the best conversations.
I miss out on so much when playing with my brother, he's not quite as into the cut scenes and dialogue as me, so I just go for the +affection.
I remember selecting that option thinking that it might give +affection since you're acknowledging his skills and abilities, hehe, maybe he doesn't like to work as much as he implies.

On a side note... I find Quinn funny, sometimes he states the obvious, and other times his responses are just so far... detached... I can't help but laugh...

Maylen
01.18.2013 , 06:23 PM | #100
Reply to bright:
Spoiler

Spoiler