Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Random crew skill mission coming up?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Random crew skill mission coming up?

overkillss
01.15.2013 , 09:05 PM | #1
Hi,

I was wondering sometimes, i can create artifacts and sometimes it wont come up but when i go back to it later it's there? Is there anyway to get artifacts to come up so i can do the mission all the time or is it random? Anyway around this?
The Bastion <PVP> Guild Leader
-Overkills PVP 55 Maurader
-Spellbound PVP 55 Scororer
-Muscless 52 Juggernaut

Pedrasek
01.16.2013 , 06:47 AM | #2
I think mission list is refreshed everytime you enter your ship.

overkillss
01.17.2013 , 05:45 AM | #3
is there a time such as every 10 mins it's refreshes?
The Bastion <PVP> Guild Leader
-Overkills PVP 55 Maurader
-Spellbound PVP 55 Scororer
-Muscless 52 Juggernaut

Wizard_Thoarin
01.17.2013 , 10:30 AM | #4
nope, no set time. However missions update when you zone and you get the screen load, so going to and from your ship or if you have quick travel to another planet like the Black Hole quick travel legacy perk that will refresh your mission list. Also, whenever a mission is successfully completed and you get the results, that seems to refresh the mission list for that tier. You have to remember though that any mission currently being run by a companion won't show up in the list again until that mission has been completed.

A lot of people looking for a specific type of resource will head to their ship and once outside their ship send their companions out on all the missions they don't want for a given tier and then board their ship. Once on the ship they will look at the refresh list then cancel all those missions they don't want and pick up the missions they do want. They then do the same thing before leaving the ship so they can get missions they want when they get off the ship.
Wizards First Rule: People are Stupid

AlixMV
01.17.2013 , 11:26 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by overkillss View Post
is there a time such as every 10 mins it's refreshes?
There may be a set time, actually, but I don't know what it is.

I have characters who at this point never leave their ships. I might log in, check my UT, and see there is no UWM missions available at the level I want. I do my thing, do some crafting, check again 5-10 minutes later--boom, there's a mission there.

I do not leave my ship, as the other commenter said is necessary, or go through any kind of loading screen.

It's not universal. Sometimes I check back and there is still no mission there, but it happens often enough that I can advise "wait a bit, and try again".
~ Jedi Covenant ~ (formerly Kass City & Canderous Ordo)
Sollyni ~ Brixyl ~ Jynnifyr / Serateh ~ Ydris