Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

PurpleCliff
01.17.2013 , 01:11 AM | #2081
Quote: Originally Posted by XEEVA View Post
It is really really simple.

Allow free character transfers between oceanic servers. Guilds and players can then choose what to do, you will quickly see a re-balance in population shift as people chose the best server for themselves. After a few months you might find that 1 server out of the 3 has almost 0 population and you can then look at decomissioning it. This will save you money in operational expenses in the long term and will give us the chance to choose where to go for ourselves.

It is a no brainer seriously
That could get messy, with people jumping all over the place and getting confused. Personally I'd prefer a simple merge.
The Bastion
Agent Cislunar Lord Seismometer Hunter Telescope Sith Escarpment Master Propellant Trooper Fluorocarbon

Shinigami_Josh
01.17.2013 , 01:17 AM | #2082
Merge All Australian Servers.

Possible solution to pvp vs pve would to have two instances of the worlds one following each rule set with each having either joint or distinct rp channels.

Ash-Wan
01.17.2013 , 01:18 AM | #2083
Quote: Originally Posted by ztee View Post
2 Things, one solution is not enough.

1. Merge all 3 servers - Make it PVE. Then offer free xfers (one off) to APAC players to go back
2. Offer 1 off xfers to servers of choice
I agree with this.

I've literally levelled on planets where i was the only player on the planet from my own faction let alone had much chance of seeing players from the opposite faction on MDN. So open world pvp is by far a secondary concern for me now.

PVE super server with added rp channel (as others have suggested) sounds like the best option to me.

Draloch
01.17.2013 , 01:33 AM | #2084
I think merging all 3 servers is the obvious first step.

I like the idea of modifying the game so that pvp and rp players can "flag" themselves as such at character creation so the pvp ruleset can still exist even on Dalbora for players who want that.

US players should have the option of transfering to the new 'super-APAC' server for free.

After all than and a cooling off period, players should have the option of transferring to a US pvp/rp destination if they are unwilling to play on a pve server.

aarty
01.17.2013 , 01:34 AM | #2085
Thanks for the post!

The small group of players I play with on Master D are all for a server merge into a PvE server.

It also seems reasonable to allow APAC players on US servers to get a free transfer back to APAC. After about a month you should open transfers to those who wish to leave the APAC servers. I will not leave, but having the option would be fair to those who would.

I would suggest that you do not sit on this for ANY great length of time as lots of player have their patience tested by this situation and we may just lose more to other games. I would quantify a great length of time at this point as anything longer than a week to tell us what you will do and then three weeks after this to action the plan.

I would like to add that I agree that names should go to those who have held the name the longest. This does not impact on me so much though.

Lastly, I have never used the smileys, so
Thank you.
No Homers Club Australia

Scorpiooooo
01.17.2013 , 01:35 AM | #2086
1. Merge all 3 APAC servers into 1 Super Server
2. Limited Time transfers

---

You MUST offer transfers as well as the merger. Many of the population got sick of waiting for you to do something so have re-rolled on Harbinger and Bastion. If you had given us an indication of what your intentions were, this could have been avoided, but your lack of communication forced people into making a decision based on what they had. Transfers are essential.
Quote: Originally Posted by Clarian View Post
Luke's motivation to confront Vader wasn't to get a new belt.

Obirayy
01.17.2013 , 01:59 AM | #2087
Woot! Merging all servers wins!
Mum: you need to get a life.
Me: but I've already got 10!

<Two Girls One Cup>

ikioi
01.17.2013 , 02:07 AM | #2088
One of the biggest issues on all Oceanic realms is lack of players for end game content. It can take hours to form a group for Heroic Flash Points, quarter of an hour or longer at night to get into Warzones (don't even try PVPing during the day as you'll be waiting hours), and raiding is limited to all but a few larger guilds.

It honestly mystifies me why Bioware have gone for a model were F2P players can do next to nothing end game wise, mean while your subscribes wait for tens of minutes or even hours for Heroic Hard Modes and Warzones, and PUG ops groups simply don't exist on Master D.

Why don't Bioware look at allowing F2P players participate more in end game content. Allow them to run LFG story and hard mode ops, but prevent them from participating in Nightmare, and limit them to 3 loot rolls per week. Allow them unlimited LFG HM Flash Points, but again limit them to 3 item rolls a week for loot. Allow them to participate at least 3 Warzones per day, but barred from Rank Warzones, can't obtain ranked warzone comms, and can't wear ilevel 150 pvp gear. I believe an approach like this would bring more players in, and entice them to subscribe.

The F2P restrictions are doing more harm then good imho. There's a difference between a F2P model which is enticing people to try the game and then subscribe if they like it. VS a F2P model which lures the potential customer in (promise of no cost to play) and then holds them ransom. IMHO SWTOR's F2P model is the latter. It's a joke and I can't see Bioware achieving success with it. Perhaps financial success, but not success in the form of a strong and happy community.

On one side you have subscribers who are crying out for more end game players, and on the other you have F2P players whom you won't allow to participate in end game content without significant hurdles and financial barriers. So you're screwing your own subscribers, and you're screwing your F2P players.

I honestly believe that a reduction in the F2P restrictions would do a lot to revive the servers, also bring in more subscribers, and make your current subscribers happy.

Given the unlikelihood of the above happening my thoughts:

Merge all 3 Oceanic servers, but also give players the option to transfer to any American server of their choosing.

Thanks,

Hsh

oakamp
01.17.2013 , 02:09 AM | #2089
Quote: Originally Posted by aarty View Post
Thanks for the post!

The small group of players I play with on Master D are all for a server merge into a PvE server.

It also seems reasonable to allow APAC players on US servers to get a free transfer back to APAC. After about a month you should open transfers to those who wish to leave the APAC servers. I will not leave, but having the option would be fair to those who would.

I would suggest that you do not sit on this for ANY great length of time as lots of player have their patience tested by this situation and we may just lose more to other games. I would quantify a great length of time at this point as anything longer than a week to tell us what you will do and then three weeks after this to action the plan.

I would like to add that I agree that names should go to those who have held the name the longest. This does not impact on me so much though.

Lastly, I have never used the smileys, so
Thank you.
bw, just go to learn about gw2,
everything solved.
English is not my first language, still working on it.

Amlici
01.17.2013 , 02:18 AM | #2090
Dalborra has a fairly healthy population but i'm sure most of them here would welcome a merge of the other asia-pacific servers. Would help with finding groups faster in group finder and endgame operations. At the moment things are working but the extra numbers would make things work alot better. Just have to make sure the super server could handle the extra population.
Amlici 50 Operative Onti 50 Scoundrel
Dalborra APAC