Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Leweegibo
01.17.2013 , 12:37 AM | #2071
ok not an argument, but jeez
The Harbinger--->Master Dar'nala--->The Harbinger
Lew'do Lewthorn HaìteJägernaut

Silvers
01.17.2013 , 12:39 AM | #2072
I'm a PVEer. I want a server merge but realise there is more than just PVE. No one should be ignored. Merge the servers into one super server and allow for a one time free transfer for anyone that would prefer to move to a US RP or PVP server.

Do that and then see what happens, see if the oceanic super server survives. The player base will ultimately decide whether it will work or not by where they log in. Further changes can then be made in the future. Taking this first step to try and resolve population issues doesn't need to be the last one.
The Older Gamers
TOG Website TOROZ website

Hazards
01.17.2013 , 12:40 AM | #2073
Merge the servers already bioware, we want decent population.
Raken - Master Dar'Nala

Ignicity
01.17.2013 , 12:42 AM | #2074
Quote: Originally Posted by Silvers View Post
I'm a PVEer. I want a server merge but realise there is more than just PVE. No one should be ignored. Merge the servers into one super server and allow for a one time free transfer for anyone that would prefer to move to a US RP or PVP server.

Do that and then see what happens, see if the oceanic super server survives. The player base will ultimately decide whether it will work or not by where they log in. Further changes can then be made in the future. Taking this first step to try and resolve population issues doesn't need to be the last one.
^^^ THIS

If they only implement a merge, please don't for one second think that PvPers and RPer's that have re-rolled on US servers are going to come flooding back to the Super APAC Server. I certainly won't (not that many of you would care).

rhakoth
01.17.2013 , 12:43 AM | #2075
Quote: Originally Posted by Leweegibo View Post
They have mentioned server transfers are in the works so transfer off then. Why cause an argument on here when something finally might be happening.
Because BioWare actively ASKED for his opinion and he is rightly stating it. I don't feel like he is starting an argument with anyone - he is simply passionate about a topic that has largely been ignored up until now.

Sure you may not like his suggestion, however telling him to wait while you get exactly what you want is hypocracy to say the least.

Personally, I see all arguments as valid and while a merge would be exactly what the US/EU players got, I think their ignoring the issue for so long has given us some rights to expect a little more than what was offered them.

Merging servers AND oferring free transfers would be a great decision imo. People claiming their server is perfectly fine get what they want, people who want to merge with an oceanic server get what they want, and those of us who have made new homes get what we want.

ZIMMOZMAN
01.17.2013 , 12:47 AM | #2076
Quote: Originally Posted by Ignicity View Post
So I c most of the people ONLY asking for a merge are PvE'ers.
Since bioware responded I see the people that have replied have been mainly from Master Da'Nala which is the pvp server we don't speak for all of the APAC community, bioware wants every ones opinion not just one person's opinion been told across what like 6 pages now like you said your piece just leave it bioware will take it in consideration like all of our posts im sure.
They said they want whats best for the APAC community not just so you can get YOUR toons over to the US server since you don't even wanna play with the APAC community
I FEEL A DISTURBANCE IN THE FORCE

Ignicity
01.17.2013 , 12:49 AM | #2077
Quote: Originally Posted by ZIMMOZMAN View Post
Since bioware responded I see the people that have replied have been mainly from Master Da'Nala which is the pvp server we don't speak for all of the APAC community, bioware wants every ones opinion not just one person's opinion been told across what like 6 pages now like you said your piece just leave it bioware will take it in consideration like all of our posts im sure.
They said they want whats best for the APAC community not just so you can get YOUR toons over to the US server since you don't even wanna play with the APAC community
If you're going to quote me, at least do it accurately. You don't work for Fox News, do you?

*EDIT* ..and if you looked closely through this thread, you'd see way more of my posts. Unlike others, I haven't only now decided to be active in this thread.

Darknalas
01.17.2013 , 12:50 AM | #2078
a full AP sever merge is the best and should be the only option

if not cross server Queues

SpannersSF
01.17.2013 , 12:53 AM | #2079
Quote: Originally Posted by Nerfington View Post
I just want to provide a voice making it clear that I'd much prefer low pop servers with good ping rather than being merged onto the US west coast, if that's a consideration.

Merging all 3 APAC servers seems best though, there's no world pvp anyway. However, last night I was able to run the 2 HK-51 instances out of the blue just by using the group finder, without waiting for more than a few minutes, so the situation isn't entirely dire. I've also been getting the daily 2 warzones on multiple alts each day without a wait most of the time. A decent guild has also randomly recruited my character and are asking me to run with them regularly, so access to content isn't entirely abysmal right now. (seems to have improved since how it was just before f2p was released). Fleets seems to average about 60 to 80 people in busier times.
I agree with this, lower ping is the main reason I decided to try this game in the first place.

XEEVA
01.17.2013 , 12:59 AM | #2080
Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post

In this thread, please let us know what you think the best solution will be for your servers. I
Thank you all, and we look forward to your ideas.
It is really really simple.

Allow free character transfers between oceanic servers. Guilds and players can then choose what to do, you will quickly see a re-balance in population shift as people chose the best server for themselves. After a few months you might find that 1 server out of the 3 has almost 0 population and you can then look at decomissioning it. This will save you money in operational expenses in the long term and will give us the chance to choose where to go for ourselves.

It is a no brainer seriously