Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Ailie
01.16.2013 , 07:08 PM | #2011
In order of my preferences

1. Cross server queuing for warzones and FPs
2. Do nothing - there has been an increase in pop since F2P regardless of how some refuse to see it
3. Open transfers to US
The Azure Wings of Dawn - Against All Odds
azurewingsofdawn.enjin.com

Obirayy
01.16.2013 , 07:11 PM | #2012
Lol server merge

/closethread

Ailie
01.16.2013 , 07:16 PM | #2013
Quote: Originally Posted by IdrianDave View Post
That said I would not want to force anyone to play on a server type they are not comfortable with (however my feelings are that these ppl would be a very small minority), therefore it would make sense to open up transfers to three servers, an RP and PVP server on the West coast and the PVE server in APAC, those who wish to keep server type can move to the west coast and those who wish to stay in an APAC community can move to the PVE.

Archie
"The worlds worst Sniper"
This, is the best solution I can see. Merge into Dalborra or accept a transfer elsewhere.

The main thing I want to see is choice. I've already been on Dalborra, I don't want to return. We have a number of people in our guild who are of the same mind.
The Azure Wings of Dawn - Against All Odds
azurewingsofdawn.enjin.com

PurpleCliff
01.16.2013 , 07:18 PM | #2014
One massive PVE or PVE-RP server sound great. And this is coming from a PvP-enthusiast.
The Bastion
Agent Cislunar Lord Seismometer Hunter Telescope Sith Escarpment Master Propellant Trooper Fluorocarbon

ztee
01.16.2013 , 07:18 PM | #2015
2 Things, one solution is not enough.

1. Merge all 3 servers - Make it PVE. Then offer free xfers (one off) to APAC players to go back
2. Offer 1 off xfers to servers of choice

In relation to point 2 - If you have pop concerns around US servers, maybe limit it so you can only xfer to high pop server if you have existing characters created prior to a date (I know the harbringer doesnt need more people, but if you have already rerolled there - why cant i bring over the existing chars to that new legacy).

vicgauger
01.16.2013 , 07:30 PM | #2016
The key reason why we are playing on any of the APAC servers is the ping and is why many of us transferred when they were offered. To go back to a US server is just not an option. The server type is far less important.

The solution has to be one Oceanic server how you achieve that with the least stress is the issue.

Fastest & simplest way probably is to offer free transfers to Dalborra now (sorry GV & MDN guys) with an option of those who really want to PVP or RP with a higher ping to transfer to a US server.

Novarium
01.16.2013 , 07:35 PM | #2017
Quote: Originally Posted by vicgauger View Post
The key reason why we are playing on any of the APAC servers is the ping and is why many of us transferred when they were offered. To go back to a US server is just not an option. The server type is far less important.

The solution has to be one Oceanic server how you achieve that with the least stress is the issue.

Fastest & simplest way probably is to offer free transfers to Dalborra now (sorry GV & MDN guys) with an option of those who really want to PVP or RP with a higher ping to transfer to a US server.
you dont need to say sorry thats what we want over at MDN
Officer <Pandemic> Elite PvE - Casual PvP
XaviŽr - 55 Assassin | Zachial - 55 Juggernaut - Tanks
Elsheeda - 55 Operative | Hextech - 55 Sorcerer - Heals
Iccarus-55Mara | Gretell-55Snipe | Zarna-55Merc | Jeramin-55PT - Dps

drosalion
01.16.2013 , 07:47 PM | #2018
At the very least, merge the PVP & PVE servers. Make the ruleset PVE - open world PVP is virtually non-existant in this game, and anyone can just flag themself for PVP if they want.

As for the RP server, I'm unsure about its population. If its fine, leave it as is. If its not fine then merge all 3 servers together. Again, PVP can be flagged if wanted, and RP can be done in different chat channels too.

Ignicity
01.16.2013 , 07:54 PM | #2019
Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post
This is why we are now opening up this dialogue with you.
O M F G

Thanks for the apology for ignoring us, trying to sweep this under the carpet by banning forum members who spoke out about this. Thanks for apologizing about the total lack of communication you're company has decided to take on this issue.

Wait, something just occurred to me. You didn't apologize for $#!?

Thanks for nothing.

Here's the dialogue you so eagerly want now:
Free Manual Transfers to any server we wish ASAP... like yesterday!!

whattles
01.16.2013 , 07:56 PM | #2020
I would love a server merge and as Mosus says, transfers a month later if they're still not happy with the population. It'll be great for me