Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Reason Smash/Sweep will not be nerfed

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Reason Smash/Sweep will not be nerfed

CharterMonkKent
01.16.2013 , 03:39 PM | #11
meh
Wnk & Zlk & Knk & Xlk & Znk & Ynk & Tnk & Qnk & Chart
<Nothing Personal>
+ =

HELLCAMAWALKN
01.16.2013 , 03:44 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Master_Nate View Post
So can a bad rage jugg so that argument seems null to me.
Lies, you obviously don't and have never played a guardian / jugg
<INCARNEDINE> THE BASTION
Hellcamawalkn 50 Shadow,Mississippi 50 Guardian,Hardtokill 50 Gunslinger, Sammcro 40 Commando,Deathproof 20 Sentinal
"I walk in darkness so other's may see the light"

Sowwy
01.16.2013 , 03:46 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by HELLCAMAWALKN View Post
A good hybrid spec shadow can put up 700-800k damage in a warzone

This is nonsense. Big numbers from any class requires time on target which means healing. More healing is more time is more damage. Having said as much, a good smasher WILL dominate the field and the score board. And because its an AOE, guaranteed crit with a DMG multiplier, stacking multiple smashers is not only imbalanced, it's flat out broken. No other reasonable conclusion can be drawn.

CharterMonkKent
01.16.2013 , 04:02 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Sowwy View Post
This is nonsense. Big numbers from any class requires time on target which means healing. More healing is more time is more damage. Having said as much, a good smasher WILL dominate the field and the score board. And because its an AOE, guaranteed crit with a DMG multiplier, stacking multiple smashers is not only imbalanced, it's flat out broken. No other reasonable conclusion can be drawn.
Dominate the score board sure, but not the field.

PT Pyro is still the number 1 damage dealer in the field. The number of smashers (respecs+ original specs+new rollers) in pugs is causing most of the complaints. You can call it broken, but it's just popular. Before 1.4 rage was pretty much a jugg only spec. The changes made it viable for an already powerful AC with a huge population, maras.

An adjustment will happen, but I doubt they will break the class. The dps will still be there.
Wnk & Zlk & Knk & Xlk & Znk & Ynk & Tnk & Qnk & Chart
<Nothing Personal>
+ =

Totaltrash
01.16.2013 , 04:03 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Sowwy View Post
This is correct!

Also, forum damage numbers are always grossly inflated, but the fact is that smashers dominate the total damage output atm.

varoncodebot
01.16.2013 , 04:08 PM | #16
smash deals some of the highest damage in the game. u saying other pvp'ers suck means that ur probably a newbie that uses ur smash jugg and can't handle the pressure of actually having a challenge fighting someone without smashing and killing him/her in 5.67secs
Quote: Originally Posted by Rynis View Post
I don't always stack OP classes...but when I do, I stack assassins.
Stay mad bro.
http://i.imgur.com/pMtbwvK.jpg

Anosa
01.16.2013 , 04:11 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by HELLCAMAWALKN View Post
When we get the new level cap Bioware will be changeing skill trees as well, I am sure that all of you that complain will have a new complaint about something else that makes you suck at PVP. So if you read this please chill out and wait for the expansion.

Food for thought.... a hybrid spec shadow and alot of other build/classes can put up alot higher damage numbers than focus spec guardians and juggs. You can balance the classes but you cant balance the people playing them
we have a while before the expansion comes out. i will not be waiting months for a class balance.
Meow

UGLYMRJ
01.16.2013 , 04:12 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Anosa View Post
we have a while before the expansion comes out. i will not be waiting months for a class balance.
You're going to stop playing EVERY MMO?

Anosa
01.16.2013 , 04:15 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by UGLYMRJ View Post
You're going to stop playing EVERY MMO?
this is a game breaking OP in my eyes.
Meow

UGLYMRJ
01.16.2013 , 04:22 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Anosa View Post
this is a game breaking OP in my eyes.
Definitely not the biggest balance problem I've seen in an MMO... maybe over reacting a little considering the time line? It's not like it's been this way since release and the dev's have addressed it somewhat.