Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Merc or Sorc for dps?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Merc or Sorc for dps?

Mrceto
01.10.2013 , 07:14 PM | #1
Hiya folks,

I have a level 13 lightning Sorc and a 19 arsenal Merc. The Merc seems pretty underwhelming dps wise, he seems to take alot longer to kill a silver mob and takes more dmg then my old vengeance jugg did while leveling. What I want to know is, is the soec a better choice for higher dps and ease of leveling? Also if lightning is not the best leveling choice for the sorc then which spec do you all recommend?

Thanks!

_biddan_
01.13.2013 , 04:47 PM | #2
if that's a list of underwelming dps classes why not putting the operative in there too?
BUT,if you want to PVE then i suggest lightning sorc.
Tomb of Freedon Nadd

Caesar Legacy
Legacy lvl 50

OlosBC
01.15.2013 , 09:27 AM | #3
Merc is better at endgame. Either DPS spec for either class should be fine for leveling though.
Olos - 55 Hybrid Powertech
Fonia - 55 Madness Sorceror
<Dark Fury> of Jedi Covenant
Previously Fonia and Daygoru of Tempest server in SWG.

Quantemoq
01.16.2013 , 07:30 AM | #4
in pve arsenal merc pulls about 10% higher sustainable single target dps then the sorc. the sorc will pull ahead in aoe fights

TwistedTony
01.16.2013 , 12:49 PM | #5
Pick whatever the hell you like to play and be good at it. Cuz your not gonna be doing any damage if you end up shelving the class due to bordom in a month
The Bastion - Descension
Rexas - Juggernaut, Predatus - Marauder, Malitus - Assassin
Vigilax - Guardian

Jayshames
01.16.2013 , 12:52 PM | #6
I'd say they are both pretty even, but sorc gets boring spamming lightning all the time.

Xeraz
01.16.2013 , 03:24 PM | #7
Both classes are within a margin off error for dps. Play which one you like more. Dare I say it? Which story you prefer?
"Who I am is not important, my message is."