Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

BW, do you ever plan on addressing DPS Mercs/Commandos PvP-wise?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
BW, do you ever plan on addressing DPS Mercs/Commandos PvP-wise?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

yoomazir
01.16.2013 , 11:22 AM | #761
I finally leleved up to 50 a Powertech a few days ago and went to do some pvp and, my goodness, why did I ever pick Mercenary...

Will 2013 be the year of proper balancing? Pffff, just roll a mara/pt.

UncelSam
01.16.2013 , 12:11 PM | #762
Quote: Originally Posted by AllisonBerryman View Post
Hi everyone! I talked to Austin Peckenpaugh (Senior Designer) about Commandos and Mercenaries and their situation in PvP right now, and he had this to say:

I think it's fair to say that Mercenaries and Commandos have escape issues. Admittedly, they can be very hard to catch when used correctly to hug corners, but a lot of that "escapability" falls aside when attacked by multiple melee enemies, at which point they just aren't quite tough enough to sustain without further escapes. We have plans for the future that should give Mercenaries and Commandos better escapes in PvP.
Thats just sweet! You intend to INCREASE survivability to a DPS prof? So you dont think the DPS classes got enough power already? Especially compared to Tanks?

I sure think you've got to have bigger problems than increasing DPS classes survivability...

T-Assassin
01.16.2013 , 12:58 PM | #763
Quote: Originally Posted by Bluntron View Post
I should of had this months ago but resubbing off and on at months at a time.

I am throwing in my towel the moment I get my last 2 valor ranks

debating between VG or Shade

Like I said should of had it nearly a year ago but ive been taking breaks, due to the failism that called pvp
i'm a fool, honestly.

i have not been able to PvP since the server merges. the latentcy from TN to The Garbinger is NEVER <100ms, in warzones 300-3000ms consistantly. prior to FTP/merges, i PvP'd daily...even on my Merc, without issue.

i, along with my fellow Mercs and commandos, have been hindered for entirely too long, and i don't understand the complete lack of acknowledgement by BW/EA, or their inability to directly address and fix it.

well, i do...FTP = $$$. CC = $$$.

they have their priorities. and class balance, OWPvP, RWZs, and replayable content (other than class stories) are not it. it's $$$.

i'm a fool. a fool to continue to pay for a piss-poor product.
"Ib'tuur jatne tuur ash'ad kyr'amur."
"Today is a good day for someone else to die." -

T-Assassin
01.16.2013 , 12:58 PM | #764
Quote: Originally Posted by yoomazir View Post
I finally leleved up to 50 a Powertech a few days ago and went to do some pvp and, my goodness, why did I ever pick Mercenary...

Will 2013 be the year of proper balancing? Pffff, just roll a mara/pt.
got a 50 VG...

night and day, huh?
"Ib'tuur jatne tuur ash'ad kyr'amur."
"Today is a good day for someone else to die." -

cashogy
01.16.2013 , 01:02 PM | #765
Quote: Originally Posted by UncelSam View Post
Thats just sweet! You intend to INCREASE survivability to a DPS prof? So you dont think the DPS classes got enough power already? Especially compared to Tanks?

I sure think you've got to have bigger problems than increasing DPS classes survivability...
no

just no

jibboo
01.16.2013 , 01:11 PM | #766
Quote: Originally Posted by GangstahLove View Post
yep, those are the classes I see at the top most of the time. Also Operatives. I never see mercs unless they have a free range to blast anything without getting accosted. But I have zero respect for Sent/Mara. If you aren't putting up heavy damage as them you must be playing with your foot and 3 fingers
Really? Don't think i've ever seen an operative break 500-600k.

Wait, that was a joke, wasn't it? Lol, nm.
Zimbra - Assassin

TUXs
01.16.2013 , 01:51 PM | #767
Quote: Originally Posted by Jherad View Post
Congrats. A few of us do that kinda damage occasionally. It is no small feat.

Now go roll a real DPS class:

http://i.imgur.com/9f7ch.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/jxVkS.jpg

http://i1076.photobucket.com/albums/...ps85de10f8.jpg

http://i1296.photobucket.com/albums/...3-00-12-52.jpg

http://www.twitch.tv/rogean/b/328370027

(Those are just peeps from my server. I know there are bigger).

Now. Why exactly would people choose to bring along a merc/mando only capable of 800k? Our amazing utility? Our mobility?
Awesome reply!!! So true too. Anyone can do well in a full round of Voidstar with all of the AOE.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force

My referral code: here (what you get here)

ArchangelLBC
01.17.2013 , 07:55 AM | #768
Bump for Justice. I'm not gonna stop doing this till the class gets fixed and my main gets used for something other than raids two nights a week.
In update 2.9 the game will simply uninstall itself for you.

-Wnd

Technohic
01.17.2013 , 09:55 AM | #769
You guys better get on their Twitter daily tor crap. They are asking which AC you like better for trooper. Commando or Vanguard. Might want to make a comment that isn't a "duh... I like da big gun! derp"

TUXs
01.17.2013 , 10:41 AM | #770
Quote: Originally Posted by Technohic View Post
You guys better get on their Twitter daily tor crap. They are asking which AC you like better for trooper. Commando or Vanguard. Might want to make a comment that isn't a "duh... I like da big gun! derp"
Hell no. I'm a subscriber. There's no reason Bioware should value every twits feedback over mine. Gathering feedback on social sites drives me crazy - I feel like they give feedback from people who don't even play the game the same weight as mine.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force

My referral code: here (what you get here)