Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

I'm terribly disapointed by cartel packs.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
I'm terribly disapointed by cartel packs.
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Angedechu
01.16.2013 , 10:04 AM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by DwainD View Post
I call BS, nobody would pass up the Revan mask for 50k, period...

edit- That mask sells readily for 1.5 to 2 Million credits, no way you posted it for 50 thousand and it lasted more than 10 minutes.
48 hours at 50k. It was after spending 48 hours at 100k. and another 48 hours at 200k.

DakotaDoc
01.16.2013 , 10:05 AM | #32
I call BS as well, and my troll detector just went off. Not sure if false alarm.

DwainD
01.16.2013 , 10:06 AM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by Angedechu View Post
You must have bought that magical edition of the game, then, the one I keep hearing off
-the one that don't force you to level every single profession to not use the community and get robbed
-the one where you don't queue for heroics as a healer for more than 20 minutes at prime time
-the one into which people make credits with cartel packs
Ive made about 30 million off packs, I have one of every crafting profession and I queue as a healer all the time, the average wait is between 5 and 15 minutes.

DwainD
01.16.2013 , 10:10 AM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by Angedechu View Post
48 hours at 50k. It was after spending 48 hours at 100k. and another 48 hours at 200k.
tell ya what. Take that Revan mask, go to your fleet shift click to link the mask in general type WTS 500k first reply gets it, see if you last 10 mins with it.

DwainD
01.16.2013 , 10:20 AM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by DakotaDoc View Post
I call BS as well, and my troll detector just went off. Not sure if false alarm.
Def troll. if they'd said the Phantom, I might have bought it, those are still going for 150k+ on Pot5, but a Revan mask no way.

Angedechu
01.16.2013 , 10:26 AM | #36
Keep telling that I troll. I will keep deleting my cartel packs.

jedip_enguin
01.16.2013 , 10:28 AM | #37
7/10 - Clean, simple and persistent indignant follow up.
Dat referral link - http://www.swtor.com/r/Sh6HPh

Angedechu
01.16.2013 , 10:33 AM | #38
Yes, of course, I'm stupid. I'm stupid to have not bought the enchanted and mystical version of the game where the said crystals can be sold on the GTN.

lichoniespi
01.16.2013 , 10:45 AM | #39
Am i the only one who thinks that cartel packs is just another example how low Bioware ended?

It shouldnt ever be in game!
If you want give players Revan mask or really cool crystal just do it, make it a drop in some resonable hard operation, so there will be a point to run it and here we go.

I dont get this modern habbit to cut a games into pieces and then sell it separetly.

Its probably smart move from "product living cycle" perspective, but sucks when comes to making awesome games.

Manifoldgodhead
01.16.2013 , 11:03 AM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by lichoniespi View Post
Am i the only one who thinks that cartel packs is just another example how low Bioware ended?

It shouldnt ever be in game!
If you want give players Revan mask or really cool crystal just do it, make it a drop in some resonable hard operation, so there will be a point to run it and here we go.

I dont get this modern habbit to cut a games into pieces and then sell it separetly.

Its probably smart move from "product living cycle" perspective, but sucks when comes to making awesome games.
Because pure subscription models are failing all over the place. Where do you think the money for 1.7 and Rise of Hutt Cartel came from? People love gambling and buying things piecemeal. And even old school games that survived fine on subscriptions have added cash shops for vanity items. It's the way of the future.