Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Just played a WZ Game.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Just played a WZ Game.

Anosa
01.15.2013 , 10:08 PM | #1
My group was fair. I can say they all seemed to try decently... we got obliterated..

why??

3 of the Jedi Knights we fought were smashing/sweeping. They all were following each other and doing force leap smash, repeat. Our group couldn't even stay alive long enough to do anything. These guys were all criting 5-7k each hit. One time of them three jumping into a group would drop us all usually.

Is there any plans to fix this? I is honestly ruining my experience playing this game. I am a big pvp guy and when this happens it sucks the life out of me. I under stand other classes are out of balance too.. but this needs to be stopped. it is by far the biggest OP in the game
Meow

BlueyedJedi
01.15.2013 , 10:32 PM | #2
Not sure what was going on there for you. I'm a knight and in pvp I get my behind handed to me. It seems if anyone might be op its the Inquisitors. I cant get even close before I explode into a lightning fireball

Inmlevel 42 and Im sitting there going "Nooooo I cant believe a level 22 just owned me"
You see No Jesus, No Life....I see Know Jesus, Know LIfe.

Anosa
01.15.2013 , 10:35 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by BlueyedJedi View Post
Not sure what was going on there for you. I'm a knight and in pvp I get my behind handed to me. It seems if anyone might be op its the Inquisitors. I cant get even close before I explode into a lightning fireball

Inmlevel 42 and Im sitting there going "Nooooo I cant believe a level 22 just owned me"
smash/sweep are extrmeely overpowered. im assuming you are new lol
Meow

Stansman
01.15.2013 , 10:39 PM | #4
This thread gives me hope..after playing a Jedi Knight to level 40 I still feel like the weakest, most limited class as far as warzones are concerned.

Calitri
01.15.2013 , 10:41 PM | #5
As a group it's only overpowered if your nice to bunch yourselves up together. In which case you deserve to be owned honestly. Most smashers have blown their load at that point and are easy enough kills afterward.

annabethchase
01.15.2013 , 10:47 PM | #6
I am seeing knights/warriors with over 100k more damage than anyone else. If that is getting consistent then there's a problem.

However, what caused this change? It's been all the rage this week but what changed?
"Rossum Eponine" & assorted other characters

Suzina
01.15.2013 , 10:53 PM | #7
Smash Jugs is a an exploitable spec that is extremely difficult to combat.
Here is a youtube video complaining about that spec:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=PfmWvDhvRZw
Member of Bane Fleet

Anosa
01.15.2013 , 11:06 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Suzina View Post
Smash Jugs is a an exploitable spec that is extremely difficult to combat.
Here is a youtube video complaining about that spec:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=PfmWvDhvRZw
^pretty much it
Meow

Anosa
01.15.2013 , 11:07 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Stansman View Post
This thread gives me hope..after playing a Jedi Knight to level 40 I still feel like the weakest, most limited class as far as warzones are concerned.
knights kick butt. i have a 43 jug that is all immortal spec and he is beast
Meow

Anosa
01.15.2013 , 11:08 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by annabethchase View Post
I am seeing knights/warriors with over 100k more damage than anyone else. If that is getting consistent then there's a problem.

However, what caused this change? It's been all the rage this week but what changed?
i think people are just getting sick of it and there is a lot rolling that now. I know i am seeing more and getting very sick of it. When i see knights or warriors getting 150k higher than other dps classes consistently it shows there is indeed an issue.
Meow