Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Leweegibo
01.15.2013 , 09:17 PM | #1921
Quote: Originally Posted by MouldyCrow View Post
Guys here is a new tact: Go over to http://www.kotaku.com.au/contact/ or any other games site you reckon might help. I'm going to try contact PA next.

Link them to this thread and suggest they run the story on their front page. I've already done it, maybe if enough of us do they will give us some airtime and some exec from EA will see it and demand something be done to stop the bad publicity.
Why not hey, sent one in
The Harbinger--->Master Dar'nala--->The Harbinger
Lew'do Lewthorn HaìteJägernaut

Amlici
01.15.2013 , 09:31 PM | #1922
Well i just reactivated my sub after checking out MoP on WoW. My server Dalborra is still fairly active. I will be transferring some toons to Gav Daragon soon too. Bioware has alot of competition from Blizzard. There are heaps of aussies playing WoW.
Amlici 50 Operative Onti 50 Scoundrel
Dalborra APAC

MyPetMonkey
01.15.2013 , 10:04 PM | #1923
Quote: Originally Posted by Amlici View Post
I will be transferring some toons to Gav Daragon soon too.
You know something we don't?

Thornsbane
01.15.2013 , 10:10 PM | #1924
Even Master D is kinda active now in peak times.....WZ pop every few minutes, even HM FP's are popping, though no SM FP's popped for me while lvling an alt. Its definately the lowest pop server but its still quite active.

Though server merges would be cool so we can experience the packed out servers everywhere else in the world. Though I see them complaining about server queues now....

Obirayy
01.15.2013 , 10:16 PM | #1925
Quote: Originally Posted by Amlici View Post
I will be transferring some toons to Gav Daragon soon too..
What the guy is trying to say is...
http://i914.photobucket.com/albums/a...4F0F8BEA9D.jpg

MyPetMonkey
01.15.2013 , 10:35 PM | #1926
Maybe we are doing this wrong? Perhaps we should be creating shiny brochures and trying to coerce US west coasters onto our servers....

Amlici
01.15.2013 , 10:45 PM | #1927
Quote: Originally Posted by Obirayy View Post
What the guy is trying to say is...
http://i914.photobucket.com/albums/a...4F0F8BEA9D.jpg
Haha. Alrighty. The whole transfers things was new when i left. I'll just re-roll there then.
Amlici 50 Operative Onti 50 Scoundrel
Dalborra APAC

Ignicity
01.16.2013 , 01:19 AM | #1928
Quote: Originally Posted by Ignicity View Post
I'm still waiting for an official response.
...and waiting

Scorpiooooo
01.16.2013 , 04:49 AM | #1929
Who would have thought Bioware could be more stubborn than Lance Armstrong?
Hey Bioware - merge the damn servers already, this is ******** ridiculous!
Quote: Originally Posted by Clarian View Post
Luke's motivation to confront Vader wasn't to get a new belt.

Fornix
01.16.2013 , 06:01 AM | #1930
Quote: Originally Posted by Scorpiooooo View Post
Who would have thought Bioware could be more stubborn than Lance Armstrong?
Hey Bioware - merge the damn servers already, this is ******** ridiculous!
Stubborn? You mean just for them to get the same response after they changed something as simple as a few gear pieces recently because people on the forums cried for it? What will happen after they merge it? People coming here to cry how they oppose the merge? How BioWare ought to bring things back to the way it was?

BioWare should simply work on finalizing character transfer options, once that is up and running bug free APAC players, just like any other can transfer around all they want to whichever APAC or non-APAC server they desire.

Beyond that, go write complaints to your governments and ISP's to fix this:
http://www.submarinecablemap.com/

You guys have too few players within Australia and NZ to sustain healthy server populations for MMO's of modern day scale. However, the rest of the pacific region barely has any connection to your continental islands. They're much better off playing on West Coast servers. This disables a major portion of the pacific region from actually playing on APAC servers.

BioWare can take drastic actions in this matter as well though, by placing the APAC servers in SEA part of the APAC region. However, in that case even with an influx of players from the SEA region, you'd in turn be suffering from the same connectivity issues as you have to the US West Coast servers.
Member of <Helix>