Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Malavai Quinn

Ithilwen
01.14.2013 , 05:07 PM | #81
Omg, that sounds awsome, I really hope there is some form of an appology, even if only a display of guilt/regret!
Either way having Quinn do something that he gets recognition for would be nice, he seems to miss out a lot on that side of things...

I so shouldn't be reading this thread, but I'm glad I have been
Valkarah - Valania - Santiel
Dramorion - Onai - Ostana

Perihelion
01.14.2013 , 10:35 PM | #82
There's also a scene where Quinn kisses you on the cheek, ( if you're in a romance with him) on the Hoth orbital station where you fight Draagh (twice) and Draagh goes over the railing to diaf, supposedly to his death. A lot of people have missed this one, too. It happens before the Quinncident and doesn't change it, but it suggested to me that his affection was genuine. It was cute, too. You can't have any companions out at all to get this particular scene.

Ithilwen
01.14.2013 , 11:02 PM | #83
Quote: Originally Posted by Perihelion View Post
There's also a scene where Quinn kisses you on the cheek, ( if you're in a romance with him) on the Hoth orbital station where you fight Draagh (twice) and Draagh goes over the railing to diaf, supposedly to his death. A lot of people have missed this one, too. It happens before the Quinncident and doesn't change it, but it suggested to me that his affection was genuine. It was cute, too. You can't have any companions out at all to get this particular scene.
Somehow I get the feeling you may be making this up... Why wouldn't you have any companions out with you?

kalistea
01.15.2013 , 11:19 AM | #84
That's true, I also got that scene on my warrior. Thanks youtube for spoilers or I would have missed it too.

Since we are in the spoilers forum :

It happens when you are around level 45-47 on Hoth when you are fighting a NPC named Draagh (the name of the quest is "reallocation).
You can use any companion to help on the fight, but when Draagh is defeated and kneeling in front of you, make sure to dismiss your companion before you talk to him. Just right click on the companion's picture and click "dismiss" (you have to be alone to trigger the scene).

the scene is really cute indeed, don't miss it

About those quests with Wowrawn on Corellia, just make sure to dismiss Quinn and summon Pierce before you use your holocom or talk to Wowrawn. This way you will get 2 holoconversations with Quinn + the "apology" that you would miss otherwise.

bright_ephemera
01.15.2013 , 01:29 PM | #85
Quote: Originally Posted by kalistea View Post
That's true, I also got that scene on my warrior. Thanks youtube for spoilers or I would have missed it too.

Since we are in the spoilers forum :

It happens when you are around level 45-47 on Hoth when you are fighting a NPC named Draagh (the name of the quest is "reallocation).
You can use any companion to help on the fight, but when Draagh is defeated and kneeling in front of you, make sure to dismiss your companion before you talk to him. Just right click on the companion's picture and click "dismiss" (you have to be alone to trigger the scene).

the scene is really cute indeed, don't miss it

About those quests with Wowrawn on Corellia, just make sure to dismiss Quinn and summon Pierce before you use your holocom or talk to Wowrawn. This way you will get 2 holoconversations with Quinn + the "apology" that you would miss otherwise.
Thank you! This is an admirable summary of all the easily missed Act 3 bonus Quinn moments. At least, all the ones I'm aware of. Nice to see them listed in one place.
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 70+ authors to date. 2000+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!
Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.

CloudCastle
01.15.2013 , 03:09 PM | #86
Bah! I missed the Hoth one too. <sigh> Anyone have a link to a video of it?

kalistea
01.15.2013 , 03:28 PM | #87
There is that great Quinn romance arc compilation on youtube, that helped me finding all those "bonus moments" while I was leveling my warrior (beware as it spoils the whole romance).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYEzFOVJtl4&feature=plcp

The Hoth kiss scene starts at 39:13

The apology scene starts at 46:25

CloudCastle
01.15.2013 , 06:58 PM | #88
Thank you for the link! That's a great compilation. Those two scenes are surprisingly sweet and touching. Very nice.

Ithilwen
01.15.2013 , 08:58 PM | #89
Omg, now I really want to watch the link >_<

I must resist... at least I should be able to activate some of those 'bonus' scenes for myself...
Are there any others that anyone knows about that havent been mentioned here?

(about to do a forum search on Quinn related threads...)

[Edit] aparently on Taris he has another moment like back on Balmorra and stops your target escaping through the back door... I'm assuming you have to have someone else with you for that to happen...

kalistea
01.16.2013 , 11:40 AM | #90
Quote: Originally Posted by Ithilwen View Post
aparently on Taris he has another moment like back on Balmorra and stops your target escaping through the back door... I'm assuming you have to have someone else with you for that to happen...
Hmm, how can I answer without spoiling too much... let's say you won't miss that scene no matter what you do. Just like the one on Balmorra, it's totally part of your story and will happen anyway (just like the "incident" )

The examples I listed from Hoth and Corellia are exceptions, for all other interesting scenes you need to have Quinn with you all the time .

Other than that, it's more about choosing the right option in the conversation to get the most interesting answer, and I can only advise press the ESC key a lot and try out every option if you can.

Speaking about Taris, there is a moment when you are typing a code to open a door, and you really need to choose the right option in the conversation... won't tell you more not to spoil it for you .

On Tatooine, there is a conversation with one of your main quest NPCs where you can get -41 affection with Quinn but get a glimpse on his true feelings for you. (at 21:11 in the video if you missed it).

Just tell me where your character is and what she's doing right now and I'll tell you if there is something interesting to look for