Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

BW, do you ever plan on addressing DPS Mercs/Commandos PvP-wise?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
BW, do you ever plan on addressing DPS Mercs/Commandos PvP-wise?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Jherad
01.14.2013 , 04:46 PM | #741
Quote: Originally Posted by ArchangelLBC View Post
Frankly I'd have quit a long time ago if it weren't for my guild.
Yeah, same for me - and the top dps merc on our server (Skillex) just unsubscribed a little while ago.

I'm sticking around for 1.7 only because I said I would, but it's with a grimace more than a smile now. And let's face it, what do we REALLY expect to change, if we're honest with ourselves?
Zachar´ah - Commando / Chasso - Merc
Youtube / Twitch
2.4 is the PvP Patch! ... J/K, Removing RWZs trolololol

cashogy
01.14.2013 , 04:50 PM | #742
Quote: Originally Posted by Jherad View Post
Yeah, same for me - and the top dps merc on our server (Skillex) just unsubscribed a little while ago.

I'm sticking around for 1.7 only because I said I would, but it's with a grimace more than a smile now. And let's face it, what do we REALLY expect to change, if we're honest with ourselves?
ive given in to the darkside and started leveling a powertech. hes level 42, almost 43 now

T-Assassin
01.15.2013 , 12:07 PM | #743
page 3. have we given up?

i've got my towel ready to throw...
"Ib'tuur jatne tuur ash'ad kyr'amur."
"Today is a good day for someone else to die." -

cashogy
01.15.2013 , 12:50 PM | #744
Quote: Originally Posted by T-Assassin View Post

not so much given up, as getting tired with arguing with either a wall or with people who are actually on the same side of the issue as me.

T-Assassin
01.15.2013 , 01:03 PM | #745
Quote: Originally Posted by cashogy View Post
not so much given up, as getting tired with arguing with either a wall or with people who are actually on the same side of the issue as me.
don't take anything i say as arguing, seriously. i'm just open for debate. i enjoy theory-crafting, comradery, if you will. same as i do with my RL friends. i'm always looking for ways to get better or make things better..like BASF and if we always agreed, life would be boring!!

but, it is somewhat tiring knowing i'm in the same boat with you guys, arguing, debating, w/e. and our only intention is to make a class we enjoy to play MORE enjoyable (well, playable). and in the end, all we really did was have conversation.

nothing will change, nothing will get better in a reasonable amount of time. i hope that is hyperbole...my mind and mmo experience tells me otherwise.
"Ib'tuur jatne tuur ash'ad kyr'amur."
"Today is a good day for someone else to die." -

cashogy
01.15.2013 , 01:13 PM | #746
don't take anything i say as arguing, seriously. i'm just open for debate. i enjoy theory-crafting, comradery, if you will. same as i do with my RL friends. i'm always looking for ways to get better or make things better..like BASF and if we always agreed, life would be boring!!

but, it is somewhat tiring knowing i'm in the same boat with you guys, arguing, debating, w/e. and our only intention is to make a class we enjoy to play MORE enjoyable (well, playable). and in the end, all we really did was have conversation.

nothing will change, nothing will get better in a reasonable amount of time. i hope that is hyperbole...my mind and mmo experience tells me otherwise.
"its not an argument! its a contradiction of terms!"

but yeah, we're all on the same page trying to improve Merc/Mando. at some point bioware needs have an actual discussion with us (not just shove down our throat the opinion of a stupid dev that clearly doesnt play the class).

1.7 should be 1-2 weeks away from PTS, as the holidays delayed it a few weeks. supposedly that will be bringing some balance changes, so we will see what happens

DarthBloodloss
01.15.2013 , 01:41 PM | #747

We did a group buy on towels already. Threw mine in last month.
Bloodloss Mercenary
DESTROYER OF WORLDS || KEEPER OF SOULS

Jarfunkz
01.15.2013 , 01:55 PM | #748
I say just get rid of the class altogether.
VicVega

cashogy
01.15.2013 , 06:20 PM | #749
Quote: Originally Posted by Jarfunkz View Post
I say just get rid of the class altogether.
if i get a free AC change to whatever i want, im down with that

DariusCalera
01.15.2013 , 06:43 PM | #750
Quote: Originally Posted by cashogy View Post
if i get a free AC change to whatever i want, im down with that
I'd go sniper. While I love my commando, playing a sniper is easysauce in comparison.